kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Quick question;

I have just put FBI Cia installer on my 3DS using PastaCFW and Ninjhax. It's now on my home menu and I'm able to install CIA files. I installed the mGBA emulator and it's on my HB menu. Great. Sadly, when I play a rom on it, it's still at near unplayable speed. After this, I tried installing the .cia GBA games directly onto my HB menu, which works, but can not be played. I get a black screen and the option to reboot my console when I try to open them.

Is there anything I'm missing/doing wrong? I'm trying to play GBA games (and if possible GBA hacks) at full speed, and according to the forums this should be possible. I seem to read things about 'injecting' gba games, and I found a thread on the matter (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/) but it says something about damaging your console, and I'm not even sure if that's what I need.

Any help would be appreciated :)

for info, I have Old 3DS 9:2.0.20EU

Last edited by kraan,

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, wondering if anyone could help me out. I've got a New 3DS on 9.0.0 with ThemeHax. When I try to boot into anything (ReiNand, RxTools, PastaCFW) from coldboot or through the Homebrew Launcher I get either a black screen or it kicks me back out to the HBL. However when I use BrowserHax everything works. Any idea why? I have an unlinked EmuNand partition btw.

Last edited by stereowax,

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to make a full backup of my emunand in Gateway that includes Profiles+saves+Miis? (Because last time I tried this, the Miis and something else were erased :S)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, wondering if anyone could help me out. I've got a New 3DS on 9.0.0 with ThemeHax. When I try to boot into anything (ReiNand, RxTools, PastaCFW) from coldboot or through the Homebrew Launcher I get either a black screen or it kicks me back out to the HBL. However when I use BrowserHax everything works. Any idea why? I have an unlinked EmuNand partition btw.
That's odd. Are you using autoboot Themehax, or the normal (hold L while booting) one?

Is there any way to make a full backup of my emunand in Gateway that includes Profiles+saves+Miis? (Because last time I tried this, the Miis and something else were erased :S)
Use EmuNAND Tool to backup your emuNAND. Note that this only backs up your actual emuNAND, not saves, games, etc.... To backup everything else, copy everything on your SD card to your PC. If you want extra security for your saves, you can use SaveDataFiler (or one of the homebrew save editors) to extract the saves from your games.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use EmuNAND Tool, while useing Themehax as an enrty point, to extract my emunand, then pull all files off sd to computer. Would I be able to transfer the emunand to a new 200gb sd with files and maintain my Themehax entry to CFW?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I use EmuNAND Tool, while useing Themehax as an enrty point, to extract my emunand, then pull all files off sd to computer. Would I be able to transfer the emunand to a new 200gb sd with files and maintain my Themehax entry to CFW?
I believe so. Format your 200GB SD to FAT32 and set up emuNAND on it. Extract your emuNAND from the old SD and backup all of the files on your SD card. Inject your emuNAND to the 200GB SD and copy all of the backed up files to it and you should be good!

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. Is it possible to play a Tri-Force Heroes game backup on the 3ds (because of the new anti-Piracy features)
  2. When were these new anti-Piracy features introduced

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so. Format your 200GB SD to FAT32 and set up emuNAND on it. Extract your emuNAND from the old SD and backup all of the files on your SD card. Inject your emuNAND to the 200GB SD and copy all of the backed up files to it and you should be good!
If I use the multinand tool also found on these threads to create a blank emunand on the news sd, then inject the new emunand with my old emunand (EmuNAND Tools) with all files from old sd Then I should be good?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. Is it possible to play a Tri-Force Heroes game backup on the 3ds (because of the new anti-Piracy features)
  2. When were these new anti-Piracy features introduced
1. Yes, but not on Sky3DS.
2. Earlier this year, during the summer. It was around June I believe.

If I use the multinand tool also found on these threads to create a blank emunand on the news sd, then inject the new emunand with my old emunand (EmuNAND Tools) with all files from old sd Then I should be good?
I've never used MultiNAND Tool, but if it allows you to create an emuNAND partition, then it should work fine.

Reactions: Ripper00420

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But can't you just play retail carts in sysnand when you boot up instead of entering emunand ? why would you play retail carts in emunand ?

thanks?
For games with a higher firmware requirement. Example: I have a 9.2 3DS, but my game needs 9.4. I can boot classic mode with my 10.2 emuNAND and play the game without updating.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to extract game save without the 3DS? I mean if I have SD card and the NAND back up that match the SD card data, but don't have the 3DS.

frenk99999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I would like to get in to creating cheat codes for gateway, but i need some help on learning how to do that.

I would like to know what tools would i need in order to be able to effectively do that?

Please put the links to the tools if possible.

EDIT: I have an o3DS ver. 4.5 with gateway

Last edited by frenk99999,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.