• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much!
I'm gonna look on how to do the regionFOUR thing.
Also do I need Cubic Ninja for that.. :(
No problem! Cubic Ninja is one of the options for running the Homebrew Launcher, but you can also use Ironfall Invasion (if you downloaded it previously; it was removed from the eShop) or YouTube to launch it.

vosszaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm planning to buy Sky3DS but I still have something to clarify before I make a purchase.

I'm aware that Sky3DS by itself cannot play different region ROMs. I need to use either ninjhax or region4 along side it to be able to do that. Now the question..

Q: Is ninjhax or region4 still required even when the ROM I want to play is already in the template?
Q: What do I need to do to play the game that is not in the template? Will I be able to?

Thank you

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I know I've barked up this tree before on this thread, but my situation has changed a bit. That being said, I now have a 9.0.0 New 3DS system and my trusty DSTWO flashcart. What are my options (if any) for CFW?

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked before but I am on Pasta CFW on an old 3DSXL on 9.2 with Cubic Ninja. I have all my games and saves and stuff and most things work (Except the obvious ones like Smash and CodeName Steam).

Whats the best thing to do? Should I jump on the EmuNAND train? If I do, can I keep everything I already have running?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, I know I've barked up this tree before on this thread, but my situation has changed a bit. That being said, I now have a 9.0.0 New 3DS system and my trusty DSTWO flashcart. What are my options (if any) for CFW?

Reinand, rxTools, CakesFW and Gateway. I think that's all. All you need to do now is read about them ;)
You're probably still gonna need Cubic Ninja or Zelda: OoT though. But check the CFW's threads first.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ReiNAND CFW and Pasta CFW are currently the choices for CFW on the N3DS. I would go with ReiNAND as it has emuNAND support. You will need Cubic Ninja or a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja installed to run it the first time. After the first time, you can downgrade your N3DS's MSET and launch ReiNAND through the DS profile exploit.

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked before but I am on Pasta CFW on an old 3DSXL on 9.2 with Cubic Ninja. I have all my games and saves and stuff and most things work (Except the obvious ones like Smash and CodeName Steam).

Whats the best thing to do? Should I jump on the EmuNAND train? If I do, can I keep everything I already have running?
I would set up rxTools CFW. It has support for the latest emuNAND version and a lot of other functions that Pasta does not. Everything should still work fine once you move on to emuNAND. If for some reason the saves don't transfer onto emuNAND, you can extract the saves from sysNAND and inject the saves into emuNAND using SaveDataFiler.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNAND CFW and Pasta CFW are currently the choices for CFW on the N3DS. I would go with ReiNAND as it has emuNAND support. You will need Cubic Ninja or a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja installed to run it the first time. After the first time, you can downgrade your N3DS's MSET and launch ReiNAND through the DS profile exploit.

I would set up rxTools CFW. It has support for the latest emuNAND version and a lot of other functions that Pasta does not. Everything should still work fine once you move on to emuNAND. If for some reason the saves don't transfer onto emuNAND, you can extract the saves from sysNAND and inject the saves into emuNAND using SaveDataFiler.

What about the actual CIA installed games themselves?

Saiyann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm using pasta on a n3ds 9.0 .
Do I have a better alternative currently? Also, how do I go online (if it is possible) with pasta? I'm kinda scared to start games with my wifi up so I didn't try it so far lol

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I also have a 9.0.0 N3DS and a DSTWO flashcart. Is there a way to install ReiNAND or Pasta CFW with OOT? I don't have Cubic Ninja, but I do have OOT and an 9.2.0 O3DS with rxTools setup. I've tried searching but couldn't find instructions for setting it up with OOT.

Thanks in advance!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a 9.0.0 N3DS and a DSTWO flashcart. Is there a way to install ReiNAND or Pasta CFW with OOT? I don't have Cubic Ninja, but I do have OOT and an 9.2.0 O3DS with rxTools setup. I've tried searching but couldn't find instructions for setting it up with OOT.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately you cannot use OoT to set up ReiNAND.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I'm planning to buy Sky3DS but I still have something to clarify before I make a purchase.

I'm aware that Sky3DS by itself cannot play different region ROMs. I need to use either ninjhax or region4 along side it to be able to do that. Now the question..

Q: Is ninjhax or region4 still required even when the ROM I want to play is already in the template?
Q: What do I need to do to play the game that is not in the template? Will I be able to?

Thank you

1. Yes you need ninjhax or region4 to play out of region games, even if the ROM is in the template.

2. If the game is not in the template, you will either need to wait for it to be in the template, or you can create the template entry for yourself.

Last edited by thedude28,
Reactions: vosszaa

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently had to use a new micro SD card, since I needed my 64GB one for something else, and I deleted all of my ROMs since I had them stored on my PC anyway. Well now, my Bravely Default save file seems to be gone. Is there any way I can get it back? I have several emuNAND backups, although I am not sure if it would be of any help. I am using an O3DS on FW 9.9.0-26.

drichard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to find an answer to this question via Google, but unsuccessful.

I have an O3DS on 4.5.0 which I bought used with the previous owners personal information/settings still there.

I have upgraded to an XL and I am looking to sell the smaller O3DS.

I would like to format it and make it fresh for a new user, but I am worried about the 3DS forcing me to connect to the internet and updating if I do.

So my question is:
Can I format my O3DS on 4.5.0 and keep 4.5.0 when the format is complete?

vosszaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Yes you need ninjhax or region4 to play out of region games, even if the ROM is in the template.

2. If the game is not in the template, you will either need to wait for it to be in the template, or you can create the template entry for yourself.

Thank you. You're very appreciated.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
So since PastaCFW is abadoned, do we have to buy Gateway now for N3DS? Since RXTools seems ok, but no CFW on N3DS so crap for me =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps