• Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

Ompet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I have an old 3ds that I want to mess with (try modified code). The problem is that it can't read cartridges (broken) and is on firmware 1.0. Are there any way to upgrade it to 9.2 or less, so I can run the loader-hack?

wiigame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I just successfully installed my gateway and when I try to load on a few games, only a few of them work normally and load up. The other half of the games show up as empty white boxes and don’t do anything when clicked on. Some of the white boxes show ‘fragmentation error’. I tried removing all games from the micro sd card and then moving them back on and it was the same result. Does anyone know a fix for this issue? Thank you in advance :)

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've never really used this site before, but whatever. I thought it would be a good place to get questions answered.

I live in NA, and I prefer the N3DS over the XL, much much more. My question is, what is the best way to order a JP N3DS and play all my games on it? I know Region "Unlocking" is a thing, but I'm not sure how to go at it the most cost-effective way. I have a couple of different ways to go about this, but I feel as if you people know more about what you're doing than me. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated!

I did this, I live in NA and got a used Japanese regular N3DS for very cheap off of ebay. For the price I paid I'm happy with the decision just because of the smaller N3DS form factor and customizable cover plates, but even with region unlocking there are lots of limitations and to me it becomes more of a novelty rather than something practical. Keep in mind my 3DS is 9.7 firmware so I only use sky3ds and cubic ninja with regionfour for region unlocking, but so far some of my NA games still only have Japanese text in-game even with region unlocking (Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's New Island, and Rayman Origins so far suffer from this). Yoshi's New Island and Rayman Origins are 3rd party so I'm not too worried about those but the fact that Luigi's Mansion, a first party Nintendo title, can only be played in Japanese makes me a little wary of any big future titles that might only be in Japanese, such as maybe Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem. You never know unfortunately.

Also there's other little issues as well. Majora's Mask doesn't work with regionfour so it's unplayable. Fire Emblem Awakening's soft reset resets what regionfour does, so any time you try to soft reset the game crashes. If you play Fire Emblem the 'classic' way where you soft reset any time a unit dies, it is basically unplayable since you don't have the option of soft resetting. Also sky3ds can't play eshop titles and if you want to keep your firmware low you can't access the eshop, so there will be no way to play eshop titles like Shovel Knight, Azure Striker Gunvolt, etc etc

As far as online goes, if you're N3DS is above 9.2 and you have to use sky3ds, you're risking getting banned if you play any games online because of public headers (I'm not sure what the chances are of getting banned if you use your own private headers though). However if you are at 9.2 or under, you can use .cia instead of sky3ds and play online with no worries of getting banned since .cia are headerless.

Sorry about the wall of text, but just wanted to tell you what I didn't know before purchasing. Like I said, I still don't regret it and the white regular N3DS is absolutely beautiful and awesome to play on (especially with those cover plates!), but I wouldn't be able to have it as my only 3DS unfortunately because of all of the limitations. I can only speak for sky3ds and regionfour, but it's not as simple as 'use regionfour to break region lock, now my 3DS is basically NA region!'

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I just successfully installed my gateway and when I try to load on a few games, only a few of them work normally and load up. The other half of the games show up as empty white boxes and don’t do anything when clicked on. Some of the white boxes show ‘fragmentation error’. I tried removing all games from the micro sd card and then moving them back on and it was the same result. Does anyone know a fix for this issue? Thank you in advance :)
I would use h2testw to make sure there isn't a problem with your SD card. Assuming that checks out, you could try the Gateway SD Tool and see if that helps.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can access the eshop on a 9.4 FW 'old' 3DS to purchase some eshop games? I have a sky3ds with cubic ninja on it, no gateway or anything

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I've changed the emunand region of a japanese O3DS XL to eur region. Using gateway launcher Is it possible and not too risky to flash the eur emunand to the jap system nand to have a 3ds completely in french?
If the eshop doesn't work after that it doesn't bother me

ledaley22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the gateway3ds update page, the new 3.2.2 beta release includes support for the 9.8 system firmware. I was meandering around youtube for tutorials, and I noticed ne where they began to use the flashcart by going to a specific website(go.gateway-3ds.com and another one was offered as well) but my 3ds was unable to connect to the site. I've read about a zelda OOT or cubic ninja exploit, but am I at a point of no return?

ps. I assumed my 3DS was at a lower firmware, but I guess I mistakingly updated a while back. It's on firmware 9.4.4 if I remember correctly.

Thank you so much for any help guys, it means a lot.

troyson20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I already have a Gateway and an old 3DS XL. I've been using the Gateway since it first came out and mostly stick to personal .3DZ rips. Only recently ventured into .cias, and haven't really touched CFW.

Question: How reliable / easy to use is CFW on the 2DS at this point? There's no way to have CFW launch immediately on boot, right?

I'm looking into buying gifts for my niece and nephew (6 and 5 respectively). They live in South America and they've started playing iphone games, but the advertisements, IAPs, crashes and the fact that it's the parents own devices is really putting a strain on them. I used a 2DS a while back and really loved the ergonomics of it - it felt comfortable and I felt that it might be a return to the classic durability of the old Gameboys. I was thinking about buying two and loading them both up with age appropriate / less-english required games installed directly into the device with some of the new CFW. Is that feasible yet? Or is it just better off with the

forevercbc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys I just happen to have saved up to buy a new 3DS but was checking out forums recently and I would really like to have access to exploitable features on a 3DS (to get the best bang of buck). How much does a brand new 3DS XL( the new version ) that has firmware 9.2 or lower would go for nowadays? How much would people sell them for (9.2 or lower firmware) and brand new?

qwerblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, how do I go about updates with my .cia games? One of my games has four updates available (V1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4), so can I install straight 1.4? Or each one separately?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o3DS XL on 4.4 sysnand and 9.4 emunand

My SD card with my EmuNAND is only 4 gigs. I dont know why I did that but I cant dump games anymore cause my card is too small lol. But I realized I cant simply copy over my Emunand to another card and go, since the 3DS makes a partition. So how do I go about doing this?

Jrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i got a ds with ver 8.1.0-11e and a R4i v4.5 3ds card but i get the error there is a error acurred hold down de power key .....

can i still use this flashcard ? and yes what should i do

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: BORTZ

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
dont think so

i think i need to update the r4i card but cannot acces it on the ds because off he update any other way to upgrade the firmware

sorry, i replyed to you by mistake. my asnwer was for @Bortz

to answer your question.. can you post which website which this flashcart is from?

than we can see if you got an update for your flashcart.

Reactions: BORTZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.