• Views 4,464,589
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the serial # starts with for the New 3DSXL USA? I will be buying one tomorrow and am hoping to find one with v9.2 or 9.0. I checked the wiki but the only answers there were for v4.5.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

Hey guys !

I'm kinda new on the 3DS scene, I just bought a New 3DS XL.
The current version is 9.0.0-20E

I want to buy a flashcard.
The thing is that i won't be able to play with it before june (i'm a student, big tests incoming... ^^')

After reading some forums, what i understood is that the only flashcard compatible with N3DS is Sky3DS.
But i also saw that it is a very limited flashcard.

My questions are :
- Can i buy a Sky3DS right now ? Is there a high risk that it will be blocked by nintendo soon ?
- Or should i wait, for maybe a new version of the Gateway / Another card ? Are there some rumors of it ?
- If i buy a Sky3DS, should i upgrade my 3DS, or should i leave it in 9.0.0-20E ?

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for my poor english ^^

EDIT : Another question ^^'
Can a game force you to update the N3DS, in ordre to play online ?
I'm planning to use the flashcard for offline games, and genuine cards for online games (to avoid ban).
Is there a risk that, if i buy a new game to play online, it forces me to update my N3DS, making my Sky3DS useless ?

If you're not going to be using it now, don't buy the sky now. Prices will go down after it's blocked.

With gateway you'll get a classic mode and update spoofing, which allows retail carts with higher firmwares to be played on lower firmware emunand. However, you won't be able to install game updates to go online (pokemon, ssb, xenoblade, etc...)

So it is recommended instead that you dump a copy of your game, name it as .3dz, and install any updates you want as .cia for use in gateway mode.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to downgrade a 9.4 N3DS to 9.2?
Only if you have a nand backup and then it would require a hardware mod.

I think I have seen several posts by you wishing for >9.2 support. Others much more experienced than me have said don't count on it. I waited 20 months for 9.2. Even if they have and exploit in their pocket they are very unlikely to blow it anytime soon.

Find a 9.2 and sell yours. This game isn't cheap to get in on, but the payoffs are good.

Yes! I found the last copy of cubic ninja in the city at EB games (GameStop in Canada) for $20. I just ordered the gateway from modchipcentral so now it's just time to wait. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

I had to call over a dozen stores and a few mentioned all the new CN carts got recalled. Sounds like Nintendo is aggressively trying to get ahead of this. Can't say I blame them.
Same bullshit was spread around after Ninjhax was released. BULLSHIT. Amazon had them in stock a short time later. Nintendo does not own Ubisoft.

If anything, the retailers don't want to be seen as scalping so they are gathering up stock to sell to the scalpers.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good point. I gues
Only if you have a nand backup and then it would require a hardware mod.

I think I have seen several posts by you wishing for >9.2 support. Others much more experienced than me have said don't count on it. I waited 20 months for 9.2. Even if they have and exploit in their pocket they are very unlikely to blow it anytime soon.

Find a 9.2 and sell yours. This game isn't cheap to get in on, but the payoffs are good.

Same bullshit was spread around after Ninjhax was released. BULLSHIT. Amazon had them in stock a short time later. Nintendo does not own Ubisoft.

If anything, the retailers don't want to be seen as scalping so they are gathering up stock to sell to the scalpers.
s I never thought about that!

Anything I should do to prep for when my Gateway arrives?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Gateway and old 3dsxl on 4.2. Is there any way for me to update my emunand to 9.5 instead of 9.6?
Yep, there are several. Using a retail card or rom is the simplest, but will only get you to 9.2 in the US, not that it matters. 9.x is all you need. Xenoblade may have 9.4, not sure about that.

There is also a couple of tools that will download the files from Nintendo. UpdateCDN and another one.

You do not need to be on the latest for online play.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to ONLY update emunard on the N3DS to 9.4.0-20E so I can play Xenoblade.
This will be a fresh setup on my N3DS at 9.2 SYSNAND
Sure. With Xenoblade!

Edit: You have to hold up on the Dpad when launching gateway mode and then it will let the rom update emunand. This is how it works in general. Xenoblade is just released so you should wait on confirmation that this does indeed still work.

Could someone please explain what xorpads is?​
Not directly. It is a decryption file specific to the game or console.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So load into Gateway > Classic Mode > Run Game > Update using the cart > Profit?
Hold on. Never done it from a actual cart. That sounds right but I am not positive, may still have to do the Dpad up thing. I would ask over on the Xeno thread for clarification.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All title updates and DLC cia's should only be installed on emunand right?
I have to nuance this. Yes they should.

However there are some that install so called "legit" cias to sysnand and they would need to do the same same with updates and DLC I believe. It may be possibe to install to emunand if the two are still linked, but I am not sure on that. That kind of thing just makes the whole setup unneccesarily complex in my opinion.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume your sysnand is on 4.x? I never used that. When you say gateway menu are you refering the the one where you can select gateway ode, classic mode, format emunand etc.? If so the update to the red card did not take. If so let me know and we will hunt down a procedure to update it.

Alright I finally was able to update to Gateway 3.1.1. Also I updated my emunand via the rom method. Now STEAM actually loads! The only thing I did differently, to trigger the ability to update, was pressing up when loading an icon in the gateway menu. What does pressing up do to effect the system?

WarioBalotelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

this would be my first post. I want to use my N3DS (sits on 9.2.0 waiting for me to eff it up) in conjunction with my GW3DS-Card. Now i´m unsure about the setup. Is it possible for me to get a working EMUNAND and to play online? For what i´ve read is that i shouldn´t continue until the 9.6 EMUNAND support is out for N3DS users? True? Or is there a different route to which i can head and i DON´T mean to have an N3DS-shaped paperweight......

So, if anybody could shed some light on a poor soul who is trying to play.

btw: i own the game CN EUR retail.

Thank you guys.

Happy easter egg huntin´

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

this would be my first post. I want to use my N3DS (sits on 9.2.0 waiting for me to eff it up) in conjunction with my GW3DS-Card. Now i´m unsure about the setup. Is it possible for me to get a working EMUNAND and to play online? For what i´ve read is that i shouldn´t continue until the 9.6 EMUNAND support is out for N3DS users? True? Or is there a different route to which i can head and i DON´T mean to have an N3DS-shaped paperweight......

So, if anybody could shed some light on a poor soul who is trying to play.

btw: i own the game CN EUR retail.

Thank you guys.

Happy easter egg huntin´

follow my guide below....

install cia's and you can play online i think

Gayquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought my first 3DS --- the *new* XL version.

Is Sky3DS compatible with my 3DS and is it still usable with the current firmware?

Also, for anyone living in North America (specifically, the US) where did you buy your Sky3DS from and what did you pay?

EDIT: or is there a better alternative to Sky3DS for the sole purpose of acquiring DS/3DS ISO/ROMs?

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought my first 3DS --- the XL version.

Is Sky3DS compatible with my 3DS and is it still usable with the current firmware?

Yes and yes. I will leave the answers to others that know more but the consensus seems to be Gateway is favored due to many more options. If you just wanted simple plug and play and don't mind taking awhile to cycle through the roms (you have to press a button each time to switch), Sky3DS does seems pretty easy to use.

I sort of enjoy all the more advanced stuff and homebrew though so Gateway was the choice for me.

YMMV.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol