• Likes 43

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

would it be possible to set up a emunand on Firmware 9.5 once Nintendo releases a newer firmware? So I couldn't update through settings..

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: If I install cubic ninja with Dev-menu, I won't need the cartridge anymore, right? I just launch it from the menu to access the gateway...

You can't do this, no.

Hi,

would it be possible to set up a emunand on Firmware 9.5 once Nintendo releases a newer firmware? So I couldn't update through settings..

If your sysnand is in the supported range (9.2 or below), you'll be able to update your emunand to 9.4 (JP) or 9.2(US/EU) from a rom. You will not be able to update to 9.5, so create an emunand on 9.5 now and make a backup of it using emunand tool.

Ok, Noob here asking at Noob paradise. I have a N3ds at 9.0 and a Gateway, with cubic ninja on its way, with some questions:
After you do the one time QR thing, you have to run CN every time in order to boot the Gateway menu? And then if you want to run a game off Gateway you have to swap cartridges and play games off Gateway, right?

But what about .cia games? If I do the EmuNAND thing, and the BigBlueBox thing, I will be able to install .cia files in the 3DS and boot them up without the need of either Gateway or CN at any point? Am I understanding this correctly? Are the .cia files installed in the memory or microSD inside the system?

You will need both cubic ninja and the red gateway cart each time you boot emunand. Cia files are installed to the internal microSD but cannot be run outside of emunand.

64GB mSD for using inside a n3DS? Apparently it's 32GB max but I'm hearing different things.

The n3DS does not support exfat. A 64GB card would have to be reformatted to FAT32 to be recognized.

dilsinhudeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys... my 2ds just arrived and is 110v but where i live is 220v so i will have to buy a bivolt charger right?

other question...
can i play the games of nintendo ds in 2ds how? i need to install something? can anyone help-me with that, thank you so much

yunacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone happen to know where MH4U save data is stored?

I was playing it using a 4gb SD card in my 3DS, and after upgrading to a 16gb SD I dragged and dropped all my old stuff, but for some reason MH4U is the only game that didn't copy saves. In fact as far as I can tell they aren't on the SD card at all.

Is it at all possible to extract the save file off my old SD card and import to the new one?

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I've googled but just keep finding "use emuNAND for eshop. Is it possible to use the eshop on sysNAND 9.2 firmware NOT emuNAND because I want to buy the digital Zelda OoT instead of having to use/swap the cartridge.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've googled but just keep finding "use emuNAND for eshop. Is it possible to use the eshop on sysNAND 9.2 firmware NOT emuNAND because I want to buy the digital Zelda OoT instead of having to use/swap the cartridge.

No, it is not possible.

It is theoretically possible to buy it on (linked) emunand, then merge or replace sysnand's ticket.db with emunand's. That would not be simple though, and tools to do it aren't currently available.

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it is not possible.

It is theoretically possible to buy it on (linked) emunand, then merge or replace sysnand's ticket.db with emunand's. That would not be simple though, and tools to do it aren't currently available.

Cool thanks mate. Damn it would of been awesome to just leave GW inserted with no switching.

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought only retail worked anyway

OK, double damn, LOL, I had the hope it might not be a deal breaker like with Ninjhax, I'm pretty sure with Ninjhax the same loader and qr code is used for both retail and digital versions of the same region. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges but I had to find out. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, double damn, LOL, I had the hope it might not be a deal breaker like with Ninjhax, I'm pretty sure with Ninjhax the same loader and qr code is used for both retail and digital versions of the same region. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges but I had to find out. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

It's not that the digital version doesn't have the exploit (until proven otherwise), but there's no way to edit saves in a .cia that can be done using only publicly available Nintendo software...

HipsterPluto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

They say you need a 4GB (or 8GB, is suppose) micro SD card to put in your NDS system with the launcher 3.1.1 file on it. Does the size of the micro SD card in the Gateway card matter? Because I want to buy a 64GB or 32GB Micro SD to put a lot of games on it.

(I'm going to install Gateway with Cubic Ninja)

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

They say you need a 4GB (or 8GB, is suppose) micro SD card to put in your NDS system with the launcher 3.1.1 file on it. Does the size of the micro SD card in the Gateway card matter? Because I want to buy a 64GB or 32GB Micro SD to put a lot of games on it.

(I'm going to install Gateway with Cubic Ninja)
It's 8GB or more (can't imagine using emunand with 4GB, especially with N3DS), so you can put however big card you want.

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that the digital version doesn't have the exploit (until proven otherwise), but there's no way to edit saves in a .cia that can be done using only publicly available Nintendo software...
Thanks mate good point. The hope has faded:-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y