• Likes 43

Captain Charisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, 2 quick questions.
Does regionthree work on N3DS?
Once my Gateway arrives for my N3DS, would I still be able to play my Smash Bros. and other games online without any problems?
Thanks

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I need some help with Gateway.. I received it today.

What I've done so far :
-Using Sky3ds to load cubic ninja
-Nand Backup (2giga file)
-Formating emunand (now I have GW3D 9.0.0..)

What's the next step ? I want to play games online what I've to do ?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance !

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I need some help with Gateway.. I received it today.

What I've done so far :
-Using Sky3ds to load cubic ninja
-Nand Backup (2giga file)
-Formating emunand (now I have GW3D 9.0.0..)

What's the next step ? I want to play games online what I've to do ?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance !
Boot Emunand and go to setting, make sure it says GW9.0.0 and then go to other settings and the last page and hit firmware update(Make sure in emunand not sysnand) after updating you can play online with either installed cia files or 3dz files with perferably a private header.

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Boot Emunand and go to setting, make sure it says GW9.0.0 and then go to other settings and the last page and hit firmware update(Make sure in emunand not sysnand) after updating you can play online with either installed cia files or 3dz files with perferably a private header.

Thanks for the answer and i need win32 disk imager to put games into gateway micro sd ?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer and i need win32 disk imager to put games into gateway micro sd ?
Nope, if you are using 3dz files on the gateway card you just drag and drop. You might want to format the gateway card to exFat though if you are going to play large games over 4gb though.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
"Just dump the cartridge with the gateway menu and then move the dumped rom on to your computer. Use gateway rom patcher application to load your rom of tomodatchi life then click export header. Load your rom that you downloaded and click import header. Browse to the header file that was extracted from tomodatchi life and click ok. If it gives an error just click ok (the error is fine)."

Ah that sounds pretty straightforward, thanks, I'll give it a try. So I guess the headers don't identify the game, just allow you to be a unique ID online? Why are there different sized headers in the public pool then? Like Monster Hunter's one?

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Could anyone tell me or link a guide/video on what to do next (Please). I did the following steps. (I have a USA "NEW" 3ds XL with firmware 9.0)

* Make sure WiFi is configured and working on your New 3DS (You will only need this once)
* Make sure Gateway 3.1.1 Launcher.dat is placed on the New 3DS microSD card
* Start “Cubic Ninja”
* Go to “Create” menu option
* Select “QR Code”
* Select “Scan QR Code”
* Scan the Gateway Cubic Ninja QR code found in the Downloads section for you region
* After a brief wait, a Cubic Ninja savegame will be installed
* And the Gateway menu will be launched
After this one time installation you can invoke Gateway menu as follows:
* Start “Cubic Ninja”
* Go to “Create” menu option
* Select “QR Code”
* Gateway menu should appear

Now when I load my games from the Red Gateway card, they look awful and not in 3D??

Thanks

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just setup emnand on a virgin N3ds xl

it has 4gb card, but after i created emunand ,backed it up to my PC, formatted it and updated it to 9.5

i put it in my PC again to put some CIA's on it for now till i get a 64 GB micro SD

and there is only like 600 MB on it,
it says something like 1.2 GB used space and like 600 MB and something free

so what happened to the other 2 something gigs?

why is windows only showing me less than 2 gigs total for the MSD?

did nintendo rip me off and give me a 2 gig card labeled as a 4 gig?

i don't remember GW emunand doing this on my old 3ds xl
it showed normal amount of space
so does new3ds emunand take extra data and make it into a hidden partition or something?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just setup emnand on a virgin N3ds

it has 4gb card, but after i created emunand ,backed it up to my PC, formatted it and updated it to 9.5

i put it in my PC again to put some CIA's on it for now till i get a 64 GB micro SD

and there is only like 600 MB on it,
it says something like 1.2 GB used space and like 600 MB and something free

so what happened to the other 2 something gigs?

EmuNAND takes up its own space.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND takes up its own space.
ok but why does windows not show it?

i mean it shows the card in windows explorer as "gateway emunand" so should't it show that space as part of "used space"?
because it doesn't

i have emunand set up on my old 3ds 4 gig SD and i think i can see all used space still in windows

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but why does windows not show it?

i mean it shows the card in windows explorer as "gateway emunand" so should't it show that space as part of "used space"?
because it doesn't

i have emunand set up on my old 3ds 4 gig SD and i think i can see all used space still in windows

If the files were once viewable, its possible the Gateway launcher now makes its own partition on the SD for EmuNAND instead of leaving the files vulnerable.

Orcastraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read at one point that if you have cias or themes installed on your emuNAND, and you go to eShop, they will be deleted? Is that true?

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 9.2.20U 3DS and a copy of Cubic Ninja. I would like to be able to use the eshop, but I know I can't without updating the firmware(which would cut me out of anything homebrew; i.e. not an option).

I think it is possible to get emunand 'synced'(terminology?) with the sysnand so that changes in one are somewhat mirrored in the other? Is it possible to accomplish this? Is it possible without Gateway/Skywhatever? Should I hardware mod my 3DS so I can take a manual backup of my sysnand? If I do all that, will I regain the ability to buy things off the eshop and have them on my sysnand? Is there an easier way?

Any and all answers greatly appreciated, links to the newest/safest method would be awesome, but I do know how to search if I knew what to search for.

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.2.20U 3DS and a copy of Cubic Ninja. I would like to be able to use the eshop, but I know I can't without updating the firmware(which would cut me out of anything homebrew; i.e. not an option).

I think it is possible to get emunand 'synced'(terminology?) with the sysnand so that changes in one are somewhat mirrored in the other? Is it possible to accomplish this? Is it possible without Gateway/Skywhatever? Should I hardware mod my 3DS so I can take a manual backup of my sysnand? If I do all that, will I regain the ability to buy things off the eshop and have them on my sysnand? Is there an easier way?

Any and all answers greatly appreciated, links to the newest/safest method would be awesome, but I do know how to search if I knew what to search for.

You'll need a DS flashcart that works on 3ds 4.2

at first the emunand uses the same FC as your sysnand and same save directory. Thats what I have right now but its very limited on 4.2 sysnand and emunand is also limited on which games will boot. I just use emunand however to access the eshop. I dont think as of right now its possible due to the 9.6 update that breaks emunand, but you can download the gateway.dg downgrade file to downgrade to 4.2 from 9.2, and inject your 9.2's nand backup into the emunand partition.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
The tut i used, basicially just the emunand part

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the note of 9.6, I came here to ask about emunand 9.6.. Guessing it came out today? And no emunand support apparently... :cry:

iamj0j0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one back up a 3DS game? There does not seem to be a save file, unlike regular NDS games. Is there a way to duplicate the save data onto the computer in case the original save data corrupts or deletes?

Please help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...