• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

iamj0j0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started a thread in the "3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities" section, but I thought maybe this place will be quicker to reply.

Basically, my 3DS rom's save files, when booted up after two months, completely disappeared. I don't know what I did wrong, and I really would like to know if there is no hope and I need to restart the whole game. This way I can start playing again as soon as possible instead of trying to fix a hopeless problem. Any input is muchly appreciated.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess this might be the place to ask.

A friend of mine has a few eShop games on Sysnand, and she wants to perform a downgrade to install the CFW. Would she lose all of her save data? If she makes a NAND backup will the save files be stored onto that so she could restore it later? Or better yet injected into emuNAND later?

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Regarding the New 3ds Gateway support with cubic Ninja is it true that we need to put the cubic Ninja game in every time we want to be in Gateway mode ?

I assume yes, and i heard that "sleep mode" helps to avoid the step mentioned above.

How long do you recommend leaving the n3ds in sleep mode because of Gateway ?

It is annoying having to switch between cubic Ninja and the Gateway card

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading around for the last couple of hours and think I've decided on getting a Gateway for my N3DS which I will get on 9.2 or lower.

For my question, what is the difference between getting Cubic Ninja and Zelda for the exploit? Zelda is much easier to get.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading around for the last couple of hours and think I've decided on getting a Gateway for my N3DS which I will get on 9.2 or lower.

For my question, what is the difference between getting Cubic Ninja and Zelda for the exploit? Zelda is much easier to get.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

No difference, except that Cubic Ninja works more consistently than Zelda. However with the edited saves most Zelda carts should work fine.

Regarding the New 3ds Gateway support with cubic Ninja is it true that we need to put the cubic Ninja game in every time we want to be in Gateway mode ?

I assume yes, and i heard that "sleep mode" helps to avoid the step mentioned above.

How long do you recommend leaving the n3ds in sleep mode because of Gateway ?

It is annoying having to switch between cubic Ninja and the Gateway card

I leave my 3DS in sleep mode nearly permanently.

Reactions: mc-kiler

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone explain to me how header work? Can you take a header from a cheap game and use it on pokemon etc to play online? Or the header must be from the same game

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's been asked before (300+ pages to look thru
...) But is it possible to do an emuNand transfer from one different region 3ds? I saw someone from this site being able to actually switch a 3ds' region.

Chocsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is it possible to use my savegames from my retail cards with gateway?
ive read some threads about this before, but all of them are from 2013/14 and saying that it'll only work with fw 6.XX or lower.
Is this still the newest information about it?

flouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from being able to install e-shop games and other apps, is there any benefit or caveat whatsoever to running retail games from .cia instead of from gateway itself?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from being able to install e-shop games and other apps, is there any benefit or caveat whatsoever to running retail games from .cia instead of from gateway itself?
You don't hear about it much, but from what I understand is that the gateway card uses alot of battery while using it to play games, I don't know for sure personally because I have always used .cias, but I remember reading that awhile back. Otherwise you just dont have to worry about headers for online. But that could change if Nintendo got their butts in gear and ramped up their ap checks.

flouri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't hear about it much, but from what I understand is that the gateway card uses alot of battery while using it to play games, I don't know for sure personally because I have always used .cias, but I remember reading that awhile back. Otherwise you just dont have to worry about headers for online. But that could change if Nintendo got their butts in gear and ramped up their ap checks.

Cool, thanks!

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how can i use my remaining days of pokebank in emunand? i have to just reinsert my NNid credentials in emunand, download pokebank and im done?
thank you

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OK so i use the cubic Ninja method
And the n3ds only boots into GW mode if there is Internet otherwise just blackscreen
Is that normal ?
Also , when being in GW mode, once i click to system settings for the second time , the GW mode is not there anymore, is returns to fw 9.0
Is that also normal ?
That makes me wonder : when should/can i close wifi ? Can i close it once i am in GW mode ? Havent tried it before but im afraid something may happen

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit* I found a great video on Youtube that goes into detail. Hi, I just received my New 3ds XL (9.0 US) today. I have Cubic Ninja & I'm not interested in running the Homebrew channel, as of yet. I just want to play the 3ds roms. So my question is: Do I just follow these steps? Thanks

The installation for the Cubic Ninja launching method works as follows:
* Make sure WiFi is configured and working on your New 3DS (You will only need this once)
* Make sure Gateway 3.1.1 Launcher.dat is placed on the New 3DS microSD card
* Start “Cubic Ninja”
* Go to “Create” menu option
* Select “QR Code”
* Select “Scan QR Code”
* Scan the Gateway Cubic Ninja QR code found in the Downloads section for you region
* After a brief wait, a Cubic Ninja savegame will be installed
* And the Gateway menu will be launched
After this one time installation you can invoke Gateway menu as follows:
* Start “Cubic Ninja”
* Go to “Create” menu option
* Select “QR Code”
* Gateway menu should appear

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I use a Gateway with my 3DS XL, I'm rather paranoid about getting banned, so I'm requesting some information here.

I got a free copy of Tomodachi Life when I bought my sister's 3DS XL recently, will I be able to take the header from that somehow and use it for any and all 3DS games on my Gateway? I vaguely remember there being different sized headers, so perhaps it won't be compatible with all of them?

Either way, any good guides for extracting the header from my cartridge and putting them into .3ds files... or if possible, simply 'swap' the header into an existing .3dz file?

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have sky3ds, is easy to use and works with any firmware right now. Banning is a problem tho maybe turn off the wifi and use the 3ds dedicated for homebrew. Great excuse to upgrade to the new 3ds.. B-)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a Gateway with my 3DS XL, I'm rather paranoid about getting banned, so I'm requesting some information here.

I got a free copy of Tomodachi Life when I bought my sister's 3DS XL recently, will I be able to take the header from that somehow and use it for any and all 3DS games on my Gateway? I vaguely remember there being different sized headers, so perhaps it won't be compatible with all of them?

Either way, any good guides for extracting the header from my cartridge and putting them into .3ds files... or if possible, simply 'swap' the header into an existing .3dz file?

Just dump the cartridge with the gateway menu and then move the dumped rom on to your computer. Use gateway rom patcher application to load your rom of tomodatchi life then click export header. Load your rom that you downloaded and click import header. Browse to the header file that was extracted from tomodatchi life and click ok. If it gives an error just click ok (the error is fine).
Dear god, does nobody read any more? 9.2 is the highest downgrade-able firmware. On anything above Sky3ds is your only choice as of now.
You can downgrade with a hard mod if you have a backup of your nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...