• Views 4,478,614
  • Replies 53,782
  • Likes 43

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will likely lose certain features by doing that, such as sound support with .3ds files and recompiler support with .cia files.

Better off grabbing Cubic Ninja from 'places' and loading .3dsx files using that.

oh ok i see. hopefully homebrewers will release the source code of their apps so that i can compile to get elf

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. sometimes there might be some problem with emunand but it's rare. make sure you have the latest version of devmenu/bigbluemenu and that you get the cias from a trustworthy place (or in case you convert them yourself, make sure it's done properly).

if those two factors are good, then you can try to remake emunand.

I reformatted the emunand, and this time I left it on 4.5 and voila, the cia installed fine. I then updated the emunand to the current release, 9.4.0-21U and blammo, same problem and errors installing cia again.

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i just bought a gateway (i have the 9.2 firmware) and i want to know what i need to do to "prepare" for the update. I mean i have some eshop games on my 3DS and i want to know if i need to delete them or if i can leave them there (or maybe do a backup)

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I reformatted the emunand, and this time I left it on 4.5 and voila, the cia installed fine. I then updated the emunand to the current release, 9.4.0-21U and blammo, same problem and errors installing cia again.

what is the version of the devmenu/bigbluemenu you're using? it should say it on the top screen after you enter it.

Hi, i just bought a gateway (i have the 9.2 firmware) and i want to know what i need to do to "prepare" for the update. I mean i have some eshop games on my 3DS and i want to know if i need to delete them or if i can leave them there (or maybe do a backup)

for now the best thing you can do is wait since there's not much known about how it will work for now. just wait until it's released and then I'm sure everyone will be able to help you more clearly.

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the version of the devmenu/bigbluemenu you're using? it should say it on the top screen after you enter it.
BigBlueMenu says Firmware Ver. 0.19.49(r53511). Also tried DevMenu but don't have the version handy (didn't reinstall after emunand reformat). What's the newest version for each?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BigBlueMenu says Firmware Ver. 0.19.49(r53511). Also tried DevMenu but don't have the version handy (didn't reinstall after emunand reformat). What's the newest version for each?

not sure about devmenu but that version of BBM is the same one I have so it should be right.

Should this microSD work on Gateway?

http://www.falabella.com/falabella-...6-GB--SDSDQUA-016?color=&passedNavAction=push (the page is in spanish, but the picture is in english)

It's the sandisk gray and red everyone recommended but this one is only class 6 (mobile ultra and ultra are the same according to sandisk forums)

should still be fine. just be careful about being real or fake.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used fakeflashtest to see if my 32gb micro sd card was fake, and it seemed to corrupt it. Now I can't access it or even format it. I'm trying full format right now, but the progress bar is not increasing.
Does this happen to fake micro sd cards?

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think we're in the same boat. Your game must be a card1 type, which SaveDataFiler can't detect. It works on an mt-card, but you obviously don't have one.
Card1 saves are stored on EEPROM, but gateway doesn't load the save to EEPROM from the SD until the game is started, and when you close the game, it saves the EEPROM to the SD, then deletes it, so there's no way to get at it. Mt-card must load the save before the game's started I guess, which is why it works.
If you can find an mt-card user willing to back up your save, you'd be able to do it. I'm also looking for one, so let me know if you find someone.

Here's where I requested for an mt-card user's help. No response yet though.
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...e-save-transfer-from-3ds-to-wii-u-not-working

Dammm well that explained a lot , I was thinking that I made a mistake or something like that but now is clear.
Also thanks for taking the time to explain it ! and I'll try to find them but it might be hard since I haven't heard from somebody that own 1.
However I'll let you know if you know somebody

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exchanged my 9.4 black 3ds XL that I got last month at Best Buy for a Blue 3ds XL. It came with 8.1.0-19

My black one came with 6.1 and my wifes NES from gamestop came with 7.2

Is it weird that I got one stock with 8.1?

I live in Florida.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why my Gateway 3DS doesn't boot my retail card of Smash Bros in Classic mode? I've formatted EmuNand and updated it in GW Mode, downloaded the Smash update on eshop, rebooted in Classic mode, swapped the red card with the retail card and it hangs on a black screen as soon as the game starts up.

My OFW on my 3ds is 9.2.0-20U, and in Gateway/Classic Mode, it's GW3D 9.4.0-21U. Does it have anything to do with "SPI Fail" in Gateway's Diagnostic Test, or am I doing anything wrong?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why my Gateway 3DS doesn't boot my retail card of Smash Bros in Classic mode? I've formatted EmuNand and updated it in GW Mode, downloaded the Smash update on eshop, rebooted in Classic mode, swapped the red card with the retail card and it hangs on a black screen as soon as the game starts up.

My OFW on my 3ds is 9.2.0-20U, and in Gateway/Classic Mode, it's GW3D 9.4.0-21U. Does it have anything to do with "SPI Fail" in Gateway's Diagnostic Test, or am I doing anything wrong?
More than willing to bet the SPI Fail is probably why. Smash Bros. is an intensive game for the 3DS to run, period.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The SPI test is broke for almost everyone because of Ultra 3.0, it's still working but always reports failed now.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, that's relieving to hear, and I hope Gateway Team can resolve the issue eventually.

Now I have another question. Is it possible to dump a digital downloaded game with Gateway? If not, is it possible to take a digital download's save file and inject the header into a scene rom dump to play it entirely through Gateway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries