• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the cia file of the game online. install it with bigbluemenu.
dump the game using the option in GW MENU. it will create a rom (the save will be inside the rom since it's a card 2 game). put the rom in the red card and load it with multirom menu.
open savedatafiler, extract the save from the loaded rom. then import the save into SD to be used by the cia file.

Thanks for the quick reply. My other issue is with installing cia files, I tried about 4 or 5 of them and all but one would make it to the end then say "invalid cia file". From what I've read other people had this happen too and the only fix has been to reinstall emunand. Sound right?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the quick reply. My other issue is with installing cia files, I tried about 4 or 5 of them and all but one would make it to the end then say "invalid cia file". From what I've read other people had this happen too and the only fix has been to reinstall emunand. Sound right?

well.. sometimes there might be some problem with emunand but it's rare. make sure you have the latest version of devmenu/bigbluemenu and that you get the cias from a trustworthy place (or in case you convert them yourself, make sure it's done properly).

if those two factors are good, then you can try to remake emunand.

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. sometimes there might be some problem with emunand but it's rare. make sure you have the latest version of devmenu/bigbluemenu and that you get the cias from a trustworthy place (or in case you convert them yourself, make sure it's done properly).

if those two factors are good, then you can try to remake emunand.

Thanks again. Ok I've dumped the Pokemon rom (did it earlier) and just now copied it to the red card micros sd and loaded it via select. I've never used savedatafiler before, which tab will it be on? On use I have a bunch of broken saves, on Ext there are 4 lines of strings there, and SD tab is empty.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
on the first tab (I think) the first one item should say CTR. that's the loaded rom. you need to select that one and the press the keys to export the save.
afterwards you need to go to the tab that says SD (I think) and the save will be there (named with the date of when it was exported). just select that one and press the keys to import to SD (should be the normal import)

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the first tab (I think) the first one item should say CTR. that's the loaded rom. you need to select that one and the press the keys to export the save.
afterwards you need to go to the tab that says SD (I think) and the save will be there (named with the date of when it was exported). just select that one and press the keys to import to SD (should be the normal import)

For the CTR Card it says broken. Hmm maybe I read somewhere that's normal due to the way the Gateway does the encryption?

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the CTR Card it says broken. Hmm maybe I read somewhere that's normal due to the way the Gateway does the encryption?

Also Do I "Y: export this user save data to SD card" or "R+Y: export this secure value to SD card" and do I have to do anything regarding decryption?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

but you were playing the cartridge using GW. even tho I never tried classic mode, I don't think the saves are different than GW Mode. they're mode made using GW. I might be wrong tho.

Anyway... you selected the game in the multirom menu and then opened savedatafiler and it still appeared like that, right? if so, it's probable that you're right, which is unfortunate

Also Do I "Y: export this user save data to SD card" or "R+Y: export this secure value to SD card" and do I have to do anything regarding decryption?

just Y. and savedatafiler already decrypts the saves so you don't have to worry about it.

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but you were playing the cartridge using GW. even tho I never tried classic mode, I don't think the saves are different than GW Mode. they're mode made using GW. I might be wrong tho.

Anyway... you selected the game in the multirom menu and then opened savedatafiler and it still appeared like that, right? if so, it's probable that you're right, which is unfortunate

just Y. and savedatafiler already decrypts the saves so you don't have to worry about it.

Thanks. Unfortunately it says broken and won't export. Coulda sworn I read this was doable, maybe I'll repeat the dump and other steps and try again.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks. Unfortunately it says broken and won't export. Coulda sworn I read this was doable, maybe I'll repeat the dump and other steps and try again.

yeah. I might be wrong in some part of what I said. the process is like that but I'm not sure about the save. Unfortunately I can't even test it since I don't have any cartridge (that's why I don't use classic mode). I hope you can solve it somehow tho

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. I might be wrong in some part of what I said. the process is like that but I'm not sure about the save. Unfortunately I can't even test it since I don't have any cartridge (that's why I don't use classic mode). I hope you can solve it somehow tho

Another good clue - I just launched that dumped Pokemon and it said straight away that the save is corrupted. Hmm, hopefully someone with classic mode/card2 experience can chime in :)

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes! This thread showed me the way, you were completely correct except there's one more step, the dumped rom needed to be renamed to .3DZ, now I was able to export it!

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...-you-dump-gamesaves-off-a-cart-and-load-on-GW

oh.. right xD so stupid I am. .3dz is the format used when it has a header. obviously inside the cartridge it has an header too and so when you dump it, the header comes along and the extension needs to be changed to that. this is the problem of not having experience with cartridges. lol

It's good you found it tho ;)

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I see a lot of homebrew apps are in 3dsx format. How do I convert 3dsx to 3ds or cia so that I can run on my GW? I have 4.5 3DS + Emunand 9.4

b4echo

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there ANY chances of getting banned if playing online with a backup on the Gateway?

Has any bans happened? If so, is it a console wide ban or what?

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some one told me we could "downgrade" our 3DS by installing a lower firmware in a *.cia package, my question is:
What if we install 4.5 over 9.4 using Sky3DS+Devmenu?
It's possible?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I see a lot of homebrew apps are in 3dsx format. How do I convert 3dsx to 3ds or cia so that I can run on my GW? I have 4.5 3DS + Emunand 9.4
You will likely lose certain features by doing that, such as sound support with .3ds files and recompiler support with .cia files.

Better off grabbing Cubic Ninja from 'places' and loading .3dsx files using that.

Drag0vieN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm posting this for a second time because I didn't get any replies the first time. It's been 6 days so I think that's justifiable. This is what I wrote.
"I have a 4.5 fw and i'm on 9.4 emunand on gateway. I'm using 128gb micro sd and 128gb sd card. I put devmenu on micro sd for red gateway card and whenever I open it, it says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart." I also tried big blue menu and that didn't work either. I don't understand this and It would suck if it didn't work because that would mean the 128gb sd is useless. I did try searching this forum and the official gateway support forum but couldn't find anything. Any help would be awesome :D"
If no one replies to this then I guess I can just make a thread which would mean (hopefully) that I would get a solution to my problem! :D

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there ANY chances of getting banned if playing online with a backup on the Gateway?

Has any bans happened? If so, is it a console wide ban or what?

No bans reported which doesn't mean it can't happen. But many people play it and are fine so it's up to you really.

Some one told me we could "downgrade" our 3DS by installing a lower firmware in a *.cia package, my question is:
What if we install 4.5 over 9.4 using Sky3DS+Devmenu?
It's possible?

No. Don't try it.

Reactions: b4echo

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm posting this for a second time because I didn't get any replies the first time. It's been 6 days so I think that's justifiable. This is what I wrote.
"I have a 4.5 fw and i'm on 9.4 emunand on gateway. I'm using 128gb micro sd and 128gb sd card. I put devmenu on micro sd for red gateway card and whenever I open it, it says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart." I also tried big blue menu and that didn't work either. I don't understand this and It would suck if it didn't work because that would mean the 128gb sd is useless. I did try searching this forum and the official gateway support forum but couldn't find anything. Any help would be awesome :D"
If no one replies to this then I guess I can just make a thread which would mean (hopefully) that I would get a solution to my problem! :D

Format the MicroSD, remove everything, and put JUST the BBBMenu on there. Try again, also probably silly to point out but make sure you're opening it in emunand.

Aoshira

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
I'm planning to buy a Gateway 3ds soon and was wondering if there are any trustworthy german resellers out there?
All of the ones listed on the official website seem fishy as hell... :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM