• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really answer my question. How do I install devmenu? How do I run it? How do I then convert .3ds to .cia? Is there a way to get the GBA VC stuff to actually effing work instead of just black screen? Or the DSiWare for that matter?

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an mt-card user that'd be willing to back up my card1 save using SaveDataFiler? Gateway can't do it cause of the way it treats card1 saves.
I need it for MH3U cause the transfer tool can't detect the save, so I'm planning to move it to a CIA.

Alcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Super noob question, just don't to brick my newly purchased Gateway with 4.5 3DS. Hope you don't mind...

Are all eshop roms safe to play from Gateway or will any update firmware or mess up in any other way?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't really answer my question. How do I install devmenu? How do I run it? How do I then convert .3ds to .cia? Is there a way to get the GBA VC stuff to actually effing work instead of just black screen? Or the DSiWare for that matter?

Bigbluemenu (dev menu with a custom icon), comes with a .3ds and a .cia of it. You run the .3ds of it on the flashcard and then you can use the .3ds version to install the .cia version of it. Once it's installed it appears on the homemenu and you can use it to install more.cia.

.3ds to cia

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/

Pain in the butt.

gba and disware, no. They don't work, you can't make them work. Have to wait for Gateway to fix.

Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bigbluemenu (dev menu with a custom icon), comes with a .3ds and a .cia of it. You run the .3ds of it on the flashcard and then you can use the .3ds version to install the .cia version of it. Once it's installed it appears on the homemenu and you can use it to install more.cia.

.3ds to cia

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/

Pain in the butt.

gba and disware, no. They don't work, you can't make them work. Have to wait for Gateway to fix.
Not quite the answer I was hoping for; however, at least it does answer my question(s) for the time being.

I sincerely hope that the Gateway team is going to be able to do something about the GBA & DSiWare, though. I've been wanting to do a fresh run on Metroid Fusion, at the very least.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this was already answered, but how do you back up your cfw emunand and put it into another sd card? I've tried searching the threads but the term "cfw" is too short and the results will only show how to back up gateway emunand. The emunand tool doesn't work for cfw emunand either.

MelonBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I haven't lurked on these forums since the beginning of last year. My 3DS firmware is currently 9.0, so I'd like to ask, is it possible to play any dumped 3DS ROM on 9.0 by using flashcarts now? (since I remember that Animal Crossing didn't save if you played it on a flashcart and etc) If yes, which flashcart should I buy and what should I know before buying one? Also, is it possible to play eShop games on a flashcart yet?
This has probably been asked many times already, so apologies for that.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I haven't lurked on these forums since the beginning of last year. My 3DS firmware is currently 9.0, so I'd like to ask, is it possible to play any dumped 3DS ROM on 9.0 by using flashcarts now? (since I remember that Animal Crossing didn't save if you played it on a flashcart and etc) If yes, which flashcart should I buy and what should I know before buying one? Also, is it possible to play eShop games on a flashcart yet?
This has probably been asked many times already, so apologies for that.

Gateway will support that firmware very soon, but sky 3ds supports it now. Sky is limited to only 3ds roms though, and ppl seem to be having some issues with it.
And I'm pretty sure eshop games are supported as of now.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

MelonBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People seem to have problems with certain games.

Like this thread here and resident evil

http://gbatemp.net/threads/sky3ds-questions-and-resident-evil-revelations.377367/page-3#post-5239460

Sky needs template file for games to work. And it seems either some games are missing or the template is messed, so needs tweaking.

I see, thank you.
Seems like the best choice is probably just wait and see until Gateway supports my firmware, then.

And also, in case if I'll ever buy it, where's the best place to buy Gateway from?

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to remove the nagging restart to update your 3DS thing without deleting any save data within my emuNAND? I'm currently on 4.5 and just want to be safe that it never updates. I know it's already been asked but I can't find an answer.

-EDIT- This nag seemed to disappear once i cancelled it

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder if I can dump my save file from my cartridge of Shin Megami Tensei 4 to use it with the .cia on gateway ?

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if I can dump my save file from my cartridge of Shin Megami Tensei 4 to use it with the .cia on gateway ?

You can use retail cartridges in gateway classic mode if I'm not mistaken.

Is there an mt-card user that'd be willing to back up my card1 save using SaveDataFiler? Gateway can't do it cause of the way it treats card1 saves.
I need it for MH3U cause the transfer tool can't detect the save, so I'm planning to move it to a CIA or card2.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
How can I obtain decrypted save data for any game? I only need to examine the data contents/structure so re-encrypting it is not a concern. Would it help if the game is loaded via repacked cia?

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use retail cartridges in gateway classic mode if I'm not mistaken.

I need it for MH3U cause the transfer tool can't detect the save, so I'm planning to move it to a CIA or card2.

Yeah but I don't want to use the cartridge anymore. I want to load up my save with my shin megami tensei IV.cia

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but I don't want to use the cartridge anymore. I want to load up my save with my shin megami tensei IV.cia

You could use the gateway to rip the rom from the cartridge, and SaveDataFiler to extract the save. After that you could convert the .3ds rom to CIA with a guide, install it, then use SaveDataFiler to restore the save.
That should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo just follows Luke around with flowers
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny, every week he cries bout something and says that's it, I'm leaving this site for good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be crazy hot.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Rocks going to get mad when he heard he got cheated on
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna be buying a $3000 graphics card/monitor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn