• Start date
  • Views 4,456,958
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

DanoobSnestorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm quite new to all of this Gateway stuff and I'd like to ask for advice on a huge problem. I've only discovered this like a week ago, and I thought of getting a AUS New 3DS (I'm EUR) for the Gateway 9.x (which is coming soon). What I initially thought was of doing a System Transfer, to transfer my Nintendo account, my 3DS Ambassador Games, my save files, my Mii Plaza settings...

Thing is, I discovered the Gateway scene too late. My main 3DS (with all the files for transfer) is 9.4. That being said, I do have a 3DS with <9.2 (8ish I believe). Would there be anyway of getting these saves, games, etc. on the New 3DS while retaining Gateway compatibility, or do I need two different consoles to retain all my data? I've read some promising things about emuNAND but I really don't know what it is about.

Thanks in advance and please do excuse my English, as I'm not a native English speaker. :lol:

TalesOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ordered and tested the K3ds card? I really wish i'd looked into the flash card scene a bit more before ordering one. noob error 101.

I got the k3ds card because i was under the impression it was the first to waiver the pathetic 10 games per card limit designed to rake in pure profit (and pay off the legal fees when they actually DO get sued)

anyway, the k3ds card made me proper laugh when i opened it...you can even see where they peeled the sky3ds sticker off haha (uploaded photo for your amusement)

I'm still waiting on a 16 gig card to come so i can test it out as i only have a 2 gig card which i tried with mario kart only for it to not load games at all. i'm starting to worry now that k3ds are just people who have gone through the garbage of the sky3ds and repackaged their broken cards or something

Questions:

Should all 3DS roms be 2gig? when i've downloaded them they all seem the same size bar one or two. does that mean they're trimmed and do trimmed roms work on the k3ds/sky3ds

What format should the roms be as i've managed to download .3ds and .3dz (which i was led to believe are gateway files)

Also does formatting the SD card for the 3ds permanently screw it up so its stuck at reading 512k. I understand its normal for the card to show just the setup.zip and nothing else as its hidden data but trying to reformat the card doesn't work to make it 2gig again.

Thanks in advance

3IMIEgs.jpg

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could use the gateway to rip the rom from the cartridge, and SaveDataFiler to extract the save. After that you could convert the .3ds rom to CIA with a guide, install it, then use SaveDataFiler to restore the save.
That should work.

I dumped the copy of my cartridge and then I tried to make the CIA file I made all the steps correctly I think but it didn't work , however I also dumped the save and I was hoping to open it with the rom that I previously got but even with the Savedatafiler It said that the save file was corrupted :c

dicktisch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello was going to make a post but this works..

basically I was attempting to back up my sd card (150hrs+ pokemon lol) Inserted sd card windows pops up I think i may have clicked Initialize... now i get the "Could not detect an SD Card. The software on the SD card could not be displayed"

After SEVERAL hours searching there isn't an exact answer I've seen everything from put in back an forth to blow on it which is dumb.
its shows up on ubuntu as a fat16 windows same health 1partition. An it looks to me like it wrote over the SD mbr or which ever because i can see the health hfs+

I don't care about the 3ds or games id basically just like my saves or the pokemon data... I chose this forum because you guys deff know whats going on. If i see one more person say blow on it I'm gonna cry.

MAC Osx lion. I have linux at least 2 distros on Live. Also a crappy windows laptop w Sd card reader running vista. Thanks!!!

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ordered and tested the K3ds card? I really wish i'd looked into the flash card scene a bit more before ordering one. noob error 101.

I got the k3ds card because i was under the impression it was the first to waiver the pathetic 10 games per card limit designed to rake in pure profit (and pay off the legal fees when they actually DO get sued)

anyway, the k3ds card made me proper laugh when i opened it...you can even see where they peeled the sky3ds sticker off haha (uploaded photo for your amusement)

I'm still waiting on a 16 gig card to come so i can test it out as i only have a 2 gig card which i tried with mario kart only for it to not load games at all. i'm starting to worry now that k3ds are just people who have gone through the garbage of the sky3ds and repackaged their broken cards or something

Questions:

Should all 3DS roms be 2gig? when i've downloaded them they all seem the same size bar one or two. does that mean they're trimmed and do trimmed roms work on the k3ds/sky3ds

What format should the roms be as i've managed to download .3ds and .3dz (which i was led to believe are gateway files)
Also does formatting the SD card for the 3ds permanently screw it up so its stuck at reading 512k. I understand its normal for the card to show just the setup.zip and nothing else as its hidden data but trying to reformat the card doesn't work to make it 2gig again.

Thanks in advance

3IMIEgs.jpg
1.Some roms are bigger or smaller than 2 gigs. I have some roms that were 4 gb.I dont think trimmed roms work

2.3dz is just a way for gateway to know that rom is for going online. I dont for sky3ds it matters.

3.?

TalesOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
3) i have a 2 gig card, it registers as 512kb due to the formatting method of the ds writer program. however even formatting it again with disk writer doesn't set the card back to 2gig. nor does formatting it through windows (both through right clicking and choosing format and through computer management) my question was once you've committed an SD card to the card is it always that way?

my problem is i'm trying out roms that are under 2 gig because the 2 gig card reads as 1.87 xD so i'm assuming the roms like mario cart (which is just oever 1 gig) is trimmed thus not working rather than my card being broken. Can u suggest a rom thats under 2gig untrimmed to try out?

Hello was going to make a post but this works..

basically I was attempting to back up my sd card (150hrs+ pokemon lol) Inserted sd card windows pops up I think i may have clicked Initialize... now i get the "Could not detect an SD Card. The software on the SD card could not be displayed"

After SEVERAL hours searching there isn't an exact answer I've seen everything from put in back an forth to blow on it which is dumb.
its shows up on ubuntu as a fat16 windows same health 1partition. An it looks to me like it wrote over the SD mbr or which ever because i can see the health hfs+

I don't care about the 3ds or games id basically just like my saves or the pokemon data... I chose this forum because you guys deff know whats going on. If i see one more person say blow on it I'm gonna cry.

MAC Osx lion. I have linux at least 2 distros on Live. Also a crappy windows laptop w Sd card reader running vista. Thanks!!!

i had this issue a few months ago, apparently its quite common and unless anythings changed you've lost all your data on there unless you backed it up to your computer first. you have to format the card :(

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dumped the copy of my cartridge and then I tried to make the CIA file I made all the steps correctly I think but it didn't work , however I also dumped the save and I was hoping to open it with the rom that I previously got but even with the Savedatafiler It said that the save file was corrupted :c

I think we're in the same boat. Your game must be a card1 type, which SaveDataFiler can't detect. It works on an mt-card, but you obviously don't have one.
Card1 saves are stored on EEPROM, but gateway doesn't load the save to EEPROM from the SD until the game is started, and when you close the game, it saves the EEPROM to the SD, then deletes it, so there's no way to get at it. Mt-card must load the save before the game's started I guess, which is why it works.
If you can find an mt-card user willing to back up your save, you'd be able to do it. I'm also looking for one, so let me know if you find someone.

Here's where I requested for an mt-card user's help. No response yet though.
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...e-save-transfer-from-3ds-to-wii-u-not-working

Reactions: Galerox

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) i have a 2 gig card, it registers as 512kb due to the formatting method of the ds writer program. however even formatting it again with disk writer doesn't set the card back to 2gig. nor does formatting it through windows (both through right clicking and choosing format and through computer management) my question was once you've committed an SD card to the card is it always that way?

my problem is i'm trying out roms that are under 2 gig because the 2 gig card reads as 1.87 xD so i'm assuming the roms like mario cart (which is just oever 1 gig) is trimmed thus not working rather than my card being broken. Can u suggest a rom thats under 2gig untrimmed to try out?

i had this issue a few months ago, apparently its quite common and unless anythings changed you've lost all your data on there unless you backed it up to your computer first. you have to format the card :(

use a program called EASEUS Partition Manager... I had the same problem... this will let you change it back to FAT 32 and the original size.

http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

nikkita

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so, silly me didn't bother to research if the 3ds was region free. i just assumed it was like my old ds :ohnoes: .
and i just bought a US game, which of course doesn't work.

i'm confused about all this Gateway and Ninjhax. D= (I'm generally pretty tech savvy, but maybe my brain is just too deep in vacation mode - i've been travelling for 4 weeks now!)

can someone dumb down how i can play my new game? its a physical cartridge from the US. my console is from Australia.
i'm running firmware 9.4

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so, silly me didn't bother to research if the 3ds was region free. i just assumed it was like my old ds :ohnoes: .

i'm confused about all this Gateway and Ninjhax. D= (I'm generally pretty tech savvy, but maybe my brain is just too deep in vacation mode - i've been travelling for 4 weeks now!)

can someone dumb down how i can play my new game? its a physical cartridge from the US. my console is from Australia.
i'm running firmware 9.4
You can't run it, sorry.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i'm running firmware 9.4

Unfortunately, you can't play your US game because 3DS consoles are region locked meaning US games on US consoles, JAP games on JAP consoles, etc.
If you were on firmware 4.1-4.5, you were able to use gateway classic mode (and I think MT card classic?) as that had region free capabilities, though save encryption is wonky so you will lose the save if it had one.
Also unfortunate, you are on 9.4 where gateway announced only compatibility with firmwares <=9.2 but it wasn't confirmed if they had classic mode region free compatibility I think.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

i'm running firmware 9.4

as said above, you can't.

your best option would be to sell your cartridge and buy a game from your 3DS' region or buy a sky3ds if you plan on using roms

nikkita

Trophies
XP
Country
booo. not the responses i wanted (but thought i'd get anyway...)​
thanks everyone​
i bought it from the US while travelling as everything is 50-75% cheaper than home. eg i bought Donkey Kong Country in the US for $28, in Australia its $60. sigh. we get ripped off so much for games back home​

oDominic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does anyone know where to get an update for the r4i 3ds gold flashcart? My one's been blocked by the 3ds, whenever I put it in, it says there's an error and I have to close the 3ds. I checked the website, but the latest updates are from 2013.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumps... Dumps... I hear all this talk about dumping games with gateway... Can anyone with both tell me if you can dump a sky3ds emulation with gateway?

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son has been playing the retail cart Pokemon Omega Ruby in Gateway Classic Mode. Now I would like to back up the game and the save and convert and install as a cia. How would I go about this? Thanks.
-farlz

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My son has been playing the retail cart Pokemon Omega Ruby in Gateway Classic Mode. Now I would like to back up the game and the save and convert and install as a cia. How would I go about this? Thanks.
-farlz

get the cia file of the game online. install it with bigbluemenu.
dump the game using the option in GW MENU. it will create a rom (the save will be inside the rom since it's a card 2 game). put the rom in the red card and load it with multirom menu.
open savedatafiler, extract the save from the loaded rom. then import the save into SD to be used by the cia file.

Reactions: farlz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo