• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can somebody tell me the steps to update my emunand , and how can I be sure that I'm not updating the nand

if you're inside emunand, it will appear "GW3D" in the beginning of the firmware version instead of just appearing "ver. 9.4.0" for example

how to update emunand: be inside emunand, have latest GW file (2.7), go to settings, check if it says "GW3D" first, if it does go to other settings, and press update. after update you'll be kicked back to sysnand since it reboots the 3DS. go back to emunand and check the version. should be updated.
if you screw up, you won't be able to enter GW anyway so it should be easy to detect that

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you're inside emunand, it will appear "GW3D" in the beginning of the firmware version instead of just appearing "ver. 9.4.0" for example

how to update emunand: be inside emunand, have latest GW file (2.7), go to settings, check if it says "GW3D" first, if it does go to other settings, and press update. after update you'll be kicked back to sysnand since it reboots the 3DS. go back to emunand and check the version. should be updated.
if you screw up, you won't be able to enter GW anyway so it should be easy to detect that

Seems like I made it well , thanks for the help man :D

Now I just have to figure out how to save my progress in a game :<

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like I made it well , thanks for the help man :D

Now I just have to figure out how to save my progress in a game :<

I believe the GW saves your progress to the MSD card once you exit it in the 3ds Menu, but if the console shuts down on you, it won't.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

Okay, so while both my gateway and I are patiently waiting collecting dust waiting for 7.X-9.2 support, I lost my sanity and basically became a crazy ROM hoarder. A lazy, nooby ROM hoarder.

I'm pretty nooby with the "3DS scene", so pretend that I'm your grandma. Unless your grandma knows all about this stuff and is like the lead gateway dev, then never mind LOL.

So I know .3ds and .3dz files are pretty much the same thing, only that .3dz files can go online if they have a proper header. TELL ME IF I'M WRONG. DON'T BE THAT FRIEND THAT SAYS I LOOK NICE WHEN YOU'RE THINKING I LOOK LIKE A TURD BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO HURT MY FEELINGS.

My question is: since my hoarding has gone to... the next level... I'm getting kinda lazy when it comes to checking if a game has online compatibility. If I understand correctly, saves from .3ds don't work after you inject a header and turn it into a .3dz . I was wondering if there are any downsides to just naming all .3ds files to .3dz and injecting them with a header, even if they don't have any online functionality. I was thinking I should just do this because I don't want to go through a .3ds and find out it has online after I put a lot of time into it and have to lose my save to change it to a .3dz .

TL;DR: Is it okay to change a .3ds file to .3dz and inject it with a header if it doesn't have any online features? Or do games that are only offline HAVE to be .3ds?

Thanks in advance, guys! Sorry for the nooby question T_T

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
Today I was trying to lauch the emunand and just at the 3 try I was able to do it, and even then I had to try to select the same game a few times until I made it, should I get worried about it?
The second question, if i want to update the emunand is just as simple as change the gateway file to the new one available to the root of the sd card in the 3ds, get into emunand and update from the settings?

Tks guys =)

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TL;DR: Is it okay to change a .3ds file to .3dz and inject it with a header if it doesn't have any online features? Or do games that are only offline HAVE to be .3ds?

Thanks in advance, guys! Sorry for the nooby question T_T
You have taken the art of asking roundabout questions to the next level. Congratulations.

Yes, you can inject a header and rename it .3dz even if the game doesn't have any online compatibility. There's no real drawbacks in doing so either, except you can't share your saves with other people without sharing the header too.

Hey guys,
Today I was trying to lauch the emunand and just at the 3 try I was able to do it, and even then I had to try to select the same game a few times until I made it, should I get worried about it?
The second question, if i want to update the emunand is just as simple as change the gateway file to the new one available to the root of the sd card in the 3ds, get into emunand and update from the settings?

Tks guys =)
Try cleaning the contacts of the SD card and the SD card slot.
Shouldn't be a major problem considering you could still boot into emunand.
And yes, just replace Launcher on SD card and update emunand from system settings.

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have taken the art of asking roundabout questions to the next level. Congratulations.

Yes, you can inject a header and rename it .3dz even if the game doesn't have any online compatibility. There's no real drawbacks in doing so either, except you can't share your saves with other people without sharing the header too.

Try cleaning the contacts of the SD card and the SD card slot.
Shouldn't be a major problem considering you could still boot into emunand.
And yes, just replace Launcher on SD card and update emunand from system settings.

I will try it when I get out of work =)
Tks for the fast reply

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
From my understanding, DLC for 3DS games are basically .CIA files.
In order to install DLC, does the game have to be in a .CIA format or can it be .3DS/.3DZ on the red card and the .CIA on the big SD?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my understanding, DLC for 3DS games are basically .CIA files.
In order to install DLC, does the game have to be in a .CIA format or can it be .3DS/.3DZ on the red card and the .CIA on the big SD?
All of the above.
The only thing it won't work with is retail cartridges since Gateway classic mode does not support cia.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I guess I tend to do that. Thanks for taking the time to answer my stupid question :P.

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what system versions refurbs come with? I've ordered one, it hasn't arrived yet. It's a Black/Black XL model.

Drag0vieN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.5 fw and i'm on 9.4 emunand on gateway. I'm using 128gb micro sd and 128gb sd card. I put devmenu on micro sd for red gateway card and whenever I open it, it says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart." I also tried big blue menu and that didn't work either. I don't understand this and It would suck if it didn't work because that would mean the 128gb sd is useless. I did try searching this forum and the official gateway support forum but couldn't find anything. Any help would be awesome :D

vinnyboiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just want to query about extdata, seeing as it's recently came to a much greater light that most users attention that the ninjahax exploit has access to all SD and NAND extdata.

Looking at 3DBrew it seems like CacheD.dat stores cached icon data for the home menu. Has anyone looked into what happens if you were to edit that file? Can you use it for changing the appearance of icon data?

Also is it possible to spoof Mii data in Street Pass Plaza? If you can that could open up a few possibilities for Mii homebrew.

I'm a bit a beginner so please bear with me if there are thing I understanding incorrectly.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So, I know the Gateway supports it on emuNAND... so how do I install it to actually run it? And even after... I do wonder if anything's been said about getting at least the Ambassador GBA VC to run properly in emunand?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. So, I know the Gateway supports it on emuNAND... so how do I install it to actually run it? And even after... I do wonder if anything's been said about getting at least the Ambassador GBA VC to run properly in emunand?
You just load it up... you can install a .cia version with dev menu if you want as well. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.