• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

lulu2929

Newcomer
Trophies
New Machar, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
XP
Country
Ok thank you I've never been in a forum before so wasn't sure if anyone was getting my messages.
Basically I bought what I thought was a bundle DS game cart I have bought them before and they just come like a DS cartridge pop them in and play but this time I have received an ACE3DS plus cartridge, 3 rom disks, sd card and usb reader so since Xmas I have been trying to get these games on the ACE card I'm at my wits ends as I really know nothing about downloads and all that stuff. Anyways I ended up on this site and noticed a guy called Devin showing how to set them up and I followed his instructions but still getting Couldn't Find _DS_MENU.dat when I put it into the ds, I have tried all 3 ds we have, this isnt even for me I bought it for my dad for his xmas cos we bought him a 3ds xl so he would have some games.
Any help appreciated and sorry if I annoyed anyone.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok thank you I've never been in a forum before so wasn't sure if anyone was getting my messages.
Basically I bought what I thought was a bundle DS game cart I have bought them before and they just come like a DS cartridge pop them in and play but this time I have received an ACE3DS plus cartridge, 3 rom disks, sd card and usb reader so since Xmas I have been trying to get these games on the ACE card I'm at my wits ends as I really know nothing about downloads and all that stuff. Anyways I ended up on this site and noticed a guy called Devin showing how to set them up and I followed his instructions but still getting Couldn't Find _DS_MENU.dat when I put it into the ds, I have tried all 3 ds we have, this isnt even for me I bought it for my dad for his xmas cos we bought him a 3ds xl so he would have some games.
Any help appreciated and sorry if I annoyed anyone.

I don't actually have a ACE3DS, but I guess you will need to download the firmware and put it on the root of the microSD.

"Can't find _DS_MENU.dat" means the card can't find the necessary firmware on the microSD.

Download this: ftp://ace3dssoft:[email protected]/ace3ds plus/ACE Wood V1.62.zip
Unzip it, then put all the files on the root of the microSD.

BTW, I am not sure if this card works on 3DS, but it should work on any DS.

You will find all necessary info about the card here: http://www.ace3ds.com/index.html

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using mt-card emunand.
To install the gateway exploit and use emunand, will I need to reformat/create emunand again or can I use the emunand that I currently have?
My problem is that I want to preserve Mii Plaza data and my Pokemon Y save data, that I got from eshop.
How to do the last at least?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
To install the gateway exploit and use emunand, will I need to reformat/create emunand again or can I use the emunand that I currently have?
My problem is that I want to preserve Mii Plaza data and my Pokemon Y save data, that I got from eshop.

You'll have to "convert" it. Extract the MT EmuN and rewrite it in GW's "formatting". There's a tool for that.
Or maybe it'll work as is. Don't have one so I'm not quite sure.

Reactions: dekuleon

blubbermetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A Question
I own an ACE3ds Plus and not a gateway (Yet)
I just want to do Emunand so I can simulate the latest firmware
But when i start the gateway setup and try to Backup my System Nand
It gets stuck at Reading..... with no progress bar
Ive waited 10 minutes then turned off the system (tried this twice)
And a Nand.bin that is 0kb is on the sd card
What is the My Problem, I tried formatting the card and still no luck

EDIT: Found Out the Problem I formatted my sd card from FAT32 to just FAT which was the default
I thought it had to be fat32 for the launcher.dat to work properly

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why this is not my case? (emunand guide)

11th: close your 3DS and takeout your Sd card-> on your computer drive you will see that half of your memory space is gone.

It's basically empty...

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why this is not my case? (emunand guide)

11th: close your 3DS and takeout your Sd card-> on your computer drive you will see that half of your memory space is gone.

It's basically empty...

emuNAND makes a copy of your NAND. Its going to take at least 1gb of space. if you happen to be using a 2gb card, then it will use up most of it.

Solution: spend $10 and get a 16gb card.

pje122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

Now that GW 2.1 is out I think I'll finally go ahead and get into the card.

Is there a handy guide that anyone can point me to in order to get started?
Are there any tips or pointers that anyone can give me? My 3DS is currently on 4.3. I read on here yesterday that I should update to 4.5 before I get into the Omega stuff.

Also, can someone please explain to me emuNAND? I don't understand what it is, what it is used for and where in the process I should make that copy.

Thanks!

guycof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I was updating from 1.2 to 2.1 omega, and i only replaced the launcher.dat file. i launched gateway and i updated my gateway card (via the gateway menu) now nothing works. what am i supposed to do?​

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I needed to Read my SD card with Win32DiskImager, open the created Image with an HEX Editor, and change the name MT-CARDNAND to GATEWAYNAND.... after this, Rewrite the image to SD and it worksss! :D
Emunand created by MT-Card now working with Gateway! :D

maxcxa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wondering if anyone would help with this quick noob question...

If I get rid of the original games I have already, do I lose the save games? For example, if I ran the Mario Kart 7 rom from a Gateway 3DS will it still have the same gamesave as I did when running it from the orignal copy of the game?

Thanks for the help

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question, is it possible to play local multiplayer 3ds games with gateway, or does one need to use the original carts just like with the ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu