• Views 4,465,611
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be safe, I'm expecting a GW soon, and I intend to use a second SD card, because the one that came with the 3ds has a lot of stuff there, including ambassador games and shit. I've been messing around with settings, to make sure everything creates the proper data to the new SD, is there anything else I should make sure of before start using it as my GW SD (for emunand and shit like that)? Also, swapping SDs, using the original with OFW 4.2 and the new one for GW, is totally fine right?

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks! I've updated and by the way, why can't I adjust brightness/enable cheats? When I press R, an icon come up nextto the brightness icon and that's it. I've searched the options too but no cheats.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks! I've updated and by the way, why can't I adjust brightness/enable cheats? When I press R, an icon come up nextto the brightness icon and that's it. I've searched the options too but no cheats.

Brightness won't work on a 3DS.
For cheats, check your usrcheat.dat file.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you got a usa non-xl black 3ds as I believe all the usa black 3ds xl were at least firmware 5.0. I hope it works out.

Yep, was only really looking at regular 3DS's purely due to cost. Yeah, the black 3DS XL wasn't on the list in the wiki so I never even looked at them.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a couple of roms that give me a error when I try to open them with 3dsexplorer

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'I:\3ds roms\Pokemon.X.3DS-CONTRAST.3ds' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at _3DSExplorer.frmExplorer.OpenFile(String path)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2012 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
3DSExplorer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Crazyace/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.860/3DSExplorer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2003 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2013 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2013 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if one program doesn't work, try the other one.

and here is the issue :
Access to the path 'I:\3ds roms\Pokemon.X.3DS-CONTRAST.3ds' is denied.

Maybe your file is already opened by another program?
Close all program which are possibly accessing it.

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I read couple threads about blue screen bricking things which might be related to the emuNand, so I decided to stop using emuNand for now.
My question is: can I use GW 2.0B2 safely with no emuNand on SD card like ver.1.2? or the GW 2.0b2 launcher is just designed for emuNand?
Actually I tested with removing emuNand partition from SD card and the sysNAND boots fast and seems to be working fine, but since the launcher is beta and there is no "Boot SysNand with GW" option in the GW menu, I just want to make sure the "sysNand GW mode" is officially supported.

Thanks in advance.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using gateway 1.2 for a while and then when I beat dk returns I had it randomly froze once during the game play. I beat castlevania next and it froze once or twice i think during that game as well. I played braverly default next and it froze again. I don't know what the issue is but I beat many games with no issues, so I took out the cartridge blew on it, and same with the micro and sd card. I also decided to update to gateway 2.02b. I haven't had the issue again, but I feel paranoid about not knowing if it was a hardware problem or software problem.

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to set the 3dsxl to factory default? That means, no exploit no gateway things? I bought GW, received it yesterday, all worked fine. But now I dont want to brick my console (even 3dsgw-user have bricks) .. Is this possible? I dont use emunand.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any known issue with any brands/models of microsd cards or sd cards with the gateway?

I'm going to pick up a 16 or 32gb soon, no need atm since my card hasn't arrived from RHS yet. But I've read that 64gb cards can have issues and that some of the clone/fake cards (kingston seems to be mentioned a lot) area prone to breaking. I know to buy it from a reputable seller, I'll probably order it from Amazon directly. Just curious what the consensus on here is regarding microsd cards. Which brand to buy, if class matters, etc.

Also, does the speed of the SD card have any real world improvement or does any SD card provide the same results?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to set the 3dsxl to factory default? That means, no exploit no gateway things? I bought GW, received it yesterday, all worked fine. But now I dont want to brick my console (even 3dsgw-user have bricks) .. Is this possible? I dont use emunand.

just delete the launcher.dat from the sd and boot a ds mode cartridge (doesn't matter if original ds(i) game or a ds flashcart, in the later case you only need to enter the flashcarts menu) to flush out the exploit data in the ds profile.

Are there any known issue with any brands/models of microsd cards or sd cards with the gateway?

I'm going to pick up a 16 or 32gb soon, no need atm since my card hasn't arrived from RHS yet. But I've read that 64gb cards can have issues and that some of the clone/fake cards (kingston seems to be mentioned a lot) area prone to breaking. I know to buy it from a reputable seller, I'll probably order it from Amazon directly. Just curious what the consensus on here is regarding microsd cards. Which brand to buy, if class matters, etc.

Also, does the speed of the SD card have any real world improvement or does any SD card provide the same results?

Regarding brands: only common negative feedback I've seen yet is for Kingston. Never had one, but ever since bootmii that's the company that gets the most negative reports.

Sandisk and Transcend are the most often recommended. (Personally I'm using both and haven't had any problems yet.)

In regards to speed/classes I'll quote myself:

Some of us have taken a few stopwatch benchmarks some time ago.

As of yet (no way to tell if this will change in the future) there is no discernible difference between class 4 and 10 for the microSD while being used in the Gateway, one only notices speed improvements on the computer (and oh boy, there they can be huge).

In regards to the SD card in the 3DS the differences were significant, about 15-ish percent IIRC, although that translated to only about 4 seconds longer for booting from a class 4.

In conclusion: in both cases size is way more important than speed: the SD in the 3DS should at least be 4 GB (if you should ever plan to download stuff from the eshop or record pictures/videos 2 GB would just not be enough), the microSD for the Gateway at least 8GB to fit the biggest games [technically you can used a 4GB at the moment when you trim the roms, but that will most likely change in the future), if you can afford it and want to use multirom a 32GB would be way better.

Only reasons (as said as of yet) to get faster cards is the higher speed on the computer, the relatively small price difference (class 4 vs. class 10 should only be about 4 bucks) and the hope that one can use a faster card for another usage scenario down the road once one doesn't use the 3DS/Gateway anymore.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys. Got my gateway today from the mail, so I'm installing it.

I am following the .pdf from the gateway team, I'm on step 4, launching DS profile. I see the gateway splashscreen after a couple seconds, but then I go to system settings to check the firmware version, and it's still 4.5, not "4.5 GW". This is because the emunand has not been done yet, correct? Is this normal otherwise? I am a little afraid to move on with the instructions.

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just delete the launcher.dat from the sd and boot a ds mode cartridge (doesn't matter if original ds(i) game or a ds flashcart, in the later case you only need to enter the flashcarts menu) to flush out the exploit data in the ds profile.

Thanks so delete launcher dat, launch ds game (original or flashcard) and thats it?

... in the later case you only need to enter the flashcarts menu) to flush out the exploit data in the ds profile.

After deleting launcher.dat and launching a ds game I do what? I go to system settings profile -> L + Nintendo DS-Profile? You can reply in german (if you want).

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: heartgold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat