• Views 4,578,583
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

thatswhack01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought Pokemon Y and I also got a R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe edition. I thought that once I flashed it with the r4i i could update to 6.1 and play my Pokemon. So do I have to choose between using the R4i and playing Pokemon Y? From what I understand I can still play DS roms just not 3DS roms if i update? It really sucks having Y and not being able to play it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I bought Pokemon Y and I also got a R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe edition. I thought that once I flashed it with the r4i i could update to 6.1 and play my Pokemon. So do I have to choose between using the R4i and playing Pokemon Y? From what I understand I can still play DS roms just not 3DS roms if i update? It really sucks having Y and not being able to play it.
Install R4i, update emuNAND to 7.1, play Pokemon Y retail cartridge. You'll still have the complete functionality of the flash cart(s) as long as you don't update your sysNAND.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello. Can you tell me, what is the heaviest game for 3DS? What is the average size of game? Thanks!
4GB is the largest size. I guess they average between 1 and 2 GB.

Footnote: The largest as of yet dumped games are 4 GiB (base 1024), not 4GB (base 1000). Wouldn't be an issue under different circumstances, in this context it means those won't fit on a 4GB microSD unless one trims them. Judging by some press releases the 3DS platform is designed to handle up to 8GiB cartridges.

As for an average: a friends of a friend of a friend... "waiting for multirom" folder contains 25 trimmed files and takes up 25,5 GiB, so 1-ish GB each.

Virosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, so apparently gateway nds card doesnt work past 6.2. I have 6.3 and anyways, i dont want to pay 60$ and hope one day gateway support 6.x (for 3ds on 3ds).

I'm mostly interested in multi rom feature so that put MT-cart but it cost even more than gateway around here (over 80CAD, gateway is 60CAD...)

I there a cheaper cart that only support running nds on 3ds xl 6.3 with multi rom?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is it safe to update Miiverse on emunand and game updates in general?

Yes, completely safe; the only procedure that needs to be followed carefully is the System Update. Mii Plaza updates and anything else can be done careless on emuNAND.

Hmm, so apparently gateway nds card doesnt work past 6.2. I have 6.3 and anyways, i dont want to pay 60$ and hope one day gateway support 6.x (for 3ds on 3ds).

I'm mostly interested in multi rom feature so that put MT-cart but it cost even more than gateway around here (over 80CAD, gateway is 60CAD...)

I there a cheaper cart that only support running nds on 3ds xl 6.3 with multi rom?

Gateway is about to support multirom in the next days according to their news.
All 3DS flashcards are based on the Gateway hack, so no support for anything above 4.5. If you want to wait for support for your Firmware instead of buying a 4.5 3DS, then just wait; I don't see the need of rushing to buy something you won't use immediately.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

All NDS mode flashcards are multi ROM. Currently MT-Card is the only one that supports Multi-ROM and Gateway announced that feature.
You should get a Supercard DSTWO if you only want to play NDS games (not 3DS games).

Virosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All NDS mode flashcards are multi ROM. Currently MT-Card is the only one that supports Multi-ROM and Gateway announced that feature.
You should get a Supercard DSTWO if you only want to play NDS games (not 3DS games).

Thanks!

Hmm, well if they all support multi nds rom... Seem kind of a pain to buy dstwo for 50$ and maybe eventually having to pay an additional 80$ for gateway if i want to have the 3ds rom card =/ decisions decisions. Would be alot simpler if i could find someone to take my updated 3DS + some money and trade me a non updated one. Sadly 3ds and even more 3ds xl seem to be non existant on craig, locally :(

Seem like all i can do is fork over an extra 30$ for gateway and hope 3ds rom feature end up one day working for 6.3 and meanwhile play with the nds cart...

Is there a better solution? xD

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

Hmm, well if they all support multi nds rom... Seem kind of a pain to buy dstwo for 50$ and maybe eventually having to pay an additional 80$ for gateway if i want to have the 3ds rom card =/ decisions decisions. Would be alot simpler if i could find someone to take my updated 3DS + some money and trade me a non updated one. Sadly 3ds and even more 3ds xl seem to be non existant on craig, locally :(

Seem like all i can do is fork over an extra 30$ for gateway and hope 3ds rom feature end up one day working for 6.3 and meanwhile play with the nds cart...

Is there a better solution? xD
Only thing I could suggest is selling your current 3DS and buying an older 4.5 model off of eBay. Assuming you don't have any retailers in your area that have the consoles behind a glass window so you can check the serials.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'm pressed for time and cannot read through 28 pages, so sorry if this has been answered a lot.

My Current 3ds is v7.1.0. I understand that I cannot downgrade it (I don't have a NAND backup), so my only other option is to buy a new system that has an older version (under 4.5)

Now, I have several 3ds ESHOP games installed on my system (Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Paper Mario Sticker Star) I have heard that you can do a system transfer from Sysnand of one system to EmuNAND on another. Obviously this would limit your games to being on emuNAND forever. This is an Issue, but I am just wondering if it is possible.

Now, here are my questions:

A) Is there any method of transferring downloaded games' save data and/or DLC rights to sysnand from emuNAND? I would not like to lose my fire emblem save data, and I know its stored on the SD card, I wiped it once accidentally and restored it that way before. DLC doesn't seem likely, but its worth asking.
B) However unethical it may be, is it POSSIBLE to back up nand on my 7.1 3ds via Hardware method, perform the system transfer, and get my games back on it by restoring NAND? I might need this If I lose the $30 of DLC I bought for Fire Emblem.
C) are all types of emuNAND available to the average user without a Gateway or clone? Does a standard ds flashcard (with 3ds compatability) allow this? Or just allow emuNAND classic.

The problem is that my Mother was in Europe, and bought me ALBW there. I need to get past region locking on the cartridge, which I know can be done by emuNAND classic + clever hex editing.

Thanks in advance.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but what prevents someone from creating bootleg copies of 3ds cartridges? People can dump the cartridge rom and duplicate the cartridge hardware, but is that not enough? Is there something on an official cartridge that can't be currently duplicated or accessed? If it is possible, then why can't something like the Gateway just pretend it's a real cart instead of relying on an exploit?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but what prevents someone from creating bootleg copies of 3ds cartridges? People can dump the cartridge rom and duplicate the cartridge hardware, but is that not enough? Is there something on an official cartridge that can't be currently duplicated or accessed? If it is possible, then why can't something like the Gateway just pretend it's a real cart instead of relying on an exploit?
Unknown at this time. Likely Gateway blocks access to online features right now so they can prevent users from getting detected and banned. Once they figure out all the security measures Nintendo has in place for retail cartridges going online, they can spoof the appropriate information and enable online features safely.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope someone can help me (specially if an brazilian). Other day I went to a local store to buy a 3DS XL, the first thing I did was to check the Nintendo Serial Number on the top of the box. I know that the brazilian 3DS is the same as the North American 3DS, the differences are only in the language of the manuals and box, I believe. Well, the serial number wasn't SW12xxxxxx x, I think it was only numbers, but I'm sure it wasn't SW12xxxxxx x, can someone confirm this? I didn't bought it and I'll search for another one tomorrow. Also one more thing, is the serial number printed directly on the box? Because it was a stamp and the seller said he couldn't remove it to see because it could damage the box.
Thanks in advance. :)

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope someone can help me (specially if an brazilian). Other day I went to a local store to buy a 3DS XL, the first thing I did was to check the Nintendo Serial Number on the top of the box. I know that the brazilian 3DS is the same as the North American 3DS, the differences are only in the language of the manuals and box, I believe. Well, the serial number wasn't SW12xxxxxx x, I think it was only numbers, but I'm sure it wasn't SW12xxxxxx x, can someone confirm this? I didn't bought it and I'll search for another one tomorrow. Also one more thing, is the serial number printed directly on the box? Because it was a stamp and the seller said he couldn't remove it to see because it could damage the box.
Thanks in advance. :)

AFAIK, they look like this.. It's not a stamp.. Or if it is, you can clearly check it without damaging the box at all.

m5zn_dead4d3016890db.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures