• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So you can only use emunand for patching retail cartridge then? And what about the street pass thing? (Going to play bravely default and saw a poster here mentioning street pass for easy village building. And the poster mentioned patching too so I assumed you can patch rom with emunand. But if that's not the case then I'm not going to bother with emunand until I feel the urge to buy ace attorney)

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So you can only use emunand for patching retail cartridge then? And what about the street pass thing? (Going to play bravely default and saw a poster here mentioning street pass for easy village building. And the poster mentioned patching too so I assumed you can patch rom with emunand. But if that's not the case then I'm not going to bother with emunand until I feel the urge to buy ace attorney)

You can get street pass to work. But you CANNOT PATCH or modify roms at all, so no English patch or any patch whatsoever, yet.

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can get street pass to work. But you CANNOT PATCH or modify roms at all, so no English patch or any patch whatsoever, yet.
Okay then. Well I did not mean english patch. I mean official update patch like the patch for project mirai that fix bugs, add adjusment etc. But I suppose I can live without it.

AlcaZyzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I just bought an R4i deluxe and randomly after turning off my 3ds i keep losing my saves... I make sure to quit the game using the home button after saving i even wait like 5 seconds before pressing the home button to make sure that everything is fine.

It's pretty random sometimes i can turn off the ds and turn it back on and everything works, sometimes after one shutdown i lose everything...
Can anybody help me out?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you use v3.1?
if you are on 3.0 update to 3.1, if it's already 3.1 maybe it's a problem with your SD card.

If you can, try a different SDcard,
Or you can try to backup your files then format the card and restore the files

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just bought an R4i deluxe and randomly after turning off my 3ds i keep losing my saves... I make sure to quit the game using the home button after saving i even wait like 5 seconds before pressing the home button to make sure that everything is fine.

It's pretty random sometimes i can turn off the ds and turn it back on and everything works, sometimes after one shutdown i lose everything...
Can anybody help me out?

If you are on firmware 3.1 it's been reported here http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-game-issues-since-new-year-r4i-deluxe-ultra-mega-edition.360083/ seems to be a change of year issue or something like that.

AlcaZyzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If you are not planning to use emunand you should go back to 3.0 otherwise seems so, but we don't know it changing the date will have consequences.
so i should download firmware 2.0 from the website ? it's the only thing available

AlcaZyzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Upon reading some other threads the best solution is to use firmware 3.0 but the website doesn't list it anymore can someone send it to me via pm?

Also should i format my emunand since 3.0 doesn't work firmware 7.1 is that correct?

kiddi88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been searching for tutorial for r4i gold deluxe 3ds, but i can't find it. Does anyone know where i can find tutiorials which explain everything from the beginning. I've just got r4i gold deluxe 3ds today and i have done nothing and i'm planning on install firmware 3.1 on 3ds with firmware 4.5.0-0E.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked multiple times already, but: can you use online functionality of retail cartridges with GW's emuNAND? I already own Animal Crossing, and I'm wondering if it's worth buying Pokemon X/Y, since those are the only two games I would want to access the online features of anyway. If not, that's fine, just saves me some money since I got Animal Crossing and Star Fox 64 3D with the free $50 Walmart gift card that came with my 3DS XL.

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can use online with retail cart. So all of you pokemon guys, GOOOOOO and buy a cart and you're set.

Now we Monster Hunter guys... nope rom doesn't have online, even if we have retail cart region-free doesn't work on classic.

GG.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I've been searching for tutorial for r4i gold deluxe 3ds, but i can't find it. Does anyone know where i can find tutiorials which explain everything from the beginning. I've just got r4i gold deluxe 3ds today and i have done nothing and i'm planning on install firmware 3.1 on 3ds with firmware 4.5.0-0E.

Ummm... Their website?
Also, find the review for it on this site. There's instruction written in it.

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/if-you-are-gonna-update-emunand-to-6-3-too-late.358831/ to update the emunand. I got to step 12 then it came to me that I hadn't set up any wifi connection beforehand (I just got my 3ds and I'm scared of accidentally updating so I didn't set up the wifi) and I'm confused now as to how to revert the entire process and start from the beginning. I backed up my original nand but not the other files/folders (I had followed the other guide before but I changed to the guide on the link because that began to confuse me around the mid part and it didn't tell me to back up the entire sd card. So I lost my save data but not a big problem since I've only played two games so far). Can anyone help? Thanks.

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/if-you-are-gonna-update-emunand-to-6-3-too-late.358831/ to update the emunand. I got to step 12 then it came to me that I hadn't set up any wifi connection beforehand (I just got my 3ds and I'm scared of accidentally updating so I didn't set up the wifi) and I'm confused now as to how to revert the entire process and start from the beginning. I backed up my original nand but not the other files/folders (I followed the other guide before but looked at the guide on the link because that began to confuse me around the mid part and it didn't tell me to back up the entire sd card. So I lost my save data but not a big problem since I've only played two games so far). Can anyone help? Thanks.

Lets Start from Scratch:
  1. Back Up Everything on your SD card!
  2. Now turn off your 3DS and turn it back on.
  3. Go to settings and set up your wifi. When you are done enter Gateway GUI by holding L when tapping on DS profile/ the exploit
  4. Go all the way to Back up Nand and back it up. When you are completed turn off your 3DS take out the SD card and Copy that Nand file somewhere safe!
  5. Redo Step 2 and 3
  6. This time go to the last option Format Emunand; This will erase everything on your SD card and create an separate partition for the Emunand
  7. When Completed go into Gateway mode ( 1st choice )
  8. Now you are in Gateway mode so go into Settings again. DO NOT LEAVE SETTINGS! I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE SETTINGS! If you do it will revert back into your System Nand and if you update it you are screwed.
  9. You should see on your top screen that GW3D Replaces VER. That means that it is safe to update Via Settings, So update and it will restart then when you are done turn off your 3DS and turn it back on and enter Gateway/Emunand mode.
  10. You are done!
Tips: To help tell the difference of Gateway mode from System Nand What I do is change the way my Apps are in order and how are the aline. Some people here at gba like to change the language to help differentiate.

Reactions: CIH137

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/if-you-are-gonna-update-emunand-to-6-3-too-late.358831/ to update the emunand. I got to step 12 then it came to me that I hadn't set up any wifi connection beforehand (I just got my 3ds and I'm scared of accidentally updating so I didn't set up the wifi) and I'm confused now as to how to revert the entire process and start from the beginning. I backed up my original nand but not the other files/folders (I followed the other guide before but looked at the guide on the link because that began to confuse me around the mid part and it didn't tell me to back up the entire sd card. So I lost my save data but not a big problem since I've only played two games so far). Can anyone help? Thanks.

You can add WLAN profiles on the emuNAND anytime without any drawback, you just should reboot the 3DS and check if it leaked to sysNAND after doing so.

So
a) enter emuNAND
b) set up WLAN profile
c) reboot 3DS
d) check settings (on the sysNAND), remove WLAN profile if it's there (shouldn't be with the newest GW beta, but one never knows)
e) reboot 3DS
f) enter emuNAND
g) check if the version string says GW3D instead of Ver
h) if GW3D do the update

The whole rebooting steps might be unnecessary, but better being safe than sorry.

An easier way:
You could also temporarily change your WLAN SSID to "attwifi" and disable the encryption in your router/accespoint (best to be done at a time of day when chances are those around you are fast asleep), thus creating your own nintendo zone at home which the 3DS will use without a WLAN configuration set up on the 3DS, although that would have the usual security implications of having an open WLAN.

Just don't forget to rest the SSID and encryption to their original values when you are done, and of course only ever do the update when you see GW3D in front of the version in the settings menu.

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am not mistaken, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, works fine. How does the saving work? Will it work if I update from Emunand 6.3 to 7.X?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: