Hacking Save game issues since new year R4i Deluxe Ultra Mega Edition

jamsplodge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I've had my R4i for close to a month now and have never had problems saving a game until the new year. I lost my Zelda and Super Mario 3D Land saves (which fortunately I had backed up fairly recently). I have tried playing again and saving but each time the save is corrupted. I am making sure I save, do home, exit to 3DS menu and then wait a bit, but still, everytime I save the games are corrupted.

I realised it has only done it since yesterday, so reset my Emunand date to 2/1/2013 and now I'm not getting corrupt save games. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?

Reactions: tofast4u

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've had my R4i for close to a month now and have never had problems saving a game until the new year. I lost my Zelda and Super Mario 3D Land saves (which fortunately I had backed up fairly recently). I have tried playing again and saving but each time the save is corrupted. I am making sure I save, do home, exit to 3DS menu and then wait a bit, but still, everytime I save the games are corrupted.

I realised it has only done it since yesterday, so reset my Emunand date to 2/1/2013 and now I'm not getting corrupt save games. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?
So lowering down the date fixes the save corruption issue? My Professor Layton save file corrupted when I switched the ROM with Zelda and then came back to Professor Layton.

jamsplodge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So lowering down the date fixes the save corruption issue? My Professor Layton save file corrupted when I switched the ROM with Zelda and then came back to Professor Layton.
It did for me though I can't say I have done any extensive testing. All saves corrupted before changing date. Not since. Worth a go I reckon.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could you backup your save files and then change the date back to see if the problem was (randomly) fixed?

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going back to version 3.0 and using it without emunand seems to fix save corruption issues for me.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have a Gateway here and no issues whatsoever since i have it.

I imagine that sucks to be stuck on the previous year or firmware version. :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i was throwing the idea about a while back that gateway could put a "bug" in on purpose that would only effect clone cards after a certain ammount of time had passed so it would pass their checks then promptly backfire.....hmmmmm

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i was throwing the idea about a while back that gateway could put a "bug" in on purpose that would only effect clone cards after a certain ammount of time had passed so it would pass their checks then promptly backfire.....hmmmmm

I think it more likely that the cloner's where not able to do their gateway ripping job properly.

Claw919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please do let us know how that works. Their readme file comments on "fixes for saves" or something similar - maybe this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse