• Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody else having issues with the Youtube app not loading on their emunand systems? When I try to load it on mine, it never gets passed the initial loading screen (where the top screen shows NINTENDO3DS with the red waves). I even left it alone for over 30 minutes and still stuck on that screen. I tried it on Gateway mode and Classic mode, deleted and reinstalled the app twice from the eshop, and it just won't work for me. It loads fine on my other official 7.1 fw 3ds.

All other apps work fine - Netflix, eshop, Nintendo video, etc. They all load and act normal.

My 3DSXL is on firmware 4.4.0 with emunand 7.1 running gateway 2.0b2. The only thing I haven't tried to get it to work is to update to 4.5 and/or reformat the emunand and start fresh.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll post here and see if anybody can provide some insight.
Setup: I'm using an R4i gold dexlue. Put on the latest fw, got the eshop up and working and emunand is 7.1 and working fine so far, Yay!

Question: There is a Japanese game that has not (probably will not) be released by a scene group. If I order the retail cart, can I play it just fine on the emunand/classic side of my US 3ds? Or is it just ROMs that are able to be "region free/spoofed"?

If I can't play a foreign region cart on my 3ds emunand, has anyone provided tools that I can read/dump the cart and make my own rom of it? (since at this point, I own the original, legality speaking)

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is anybody else having issues with the Youtube app not loading on their emunand systems?
updated Youtube channel is not working.
And only USA eShop has the update.

Question: There is a Japanese game that has not (probably will not) be released by a scene group. If I order the retail cart, can I play it just fine on the emunand/classic side of my US 3ds? Or is it just ROMs that are able to be "region free/spoofed"?
Region free Is currently working only with ROMs. Maybe they (gateway team) can add it to cartridge.

If I can't play a foreign region cart on my 3ds emunand, has anyone provided tools that I can read/dump the cart and make my own rom of it? (since at this point, I own the original, legality speaking)
There are no public dumping tools yet.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah shoot. I had a feeling that was the case. At this rate, i'm never going to be able to the 3ds Kunio games. :-P Anyone have the contact info for Venom or Contrast people? LOL.

On a side note, I grabbed my first eshop game last night, dual destinies. Does anyone know how to buy the extra case DLC for it? I go to buy it and it says "Has to shut down the eshop in order to puchase this content." and basically shuts down eshop and boots up dual destinies. All I see is "Start new game" at the title screen. Where is the option to purchase the DLC though?!?

Zehoan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really really new at this..
Is it possible to get original DS games/anything at all without a Flash Card, just a 3DS and an SD CARD?

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really really new at this..
Is it possible to get original DS games/anything at all without a Flash Card, just a 3DS and an SD CARD?

Well, If you are asking is for sure that you dont know about the sudoku exploit... There was once a game, with an exploit, but if you are asking is because you dont have it.
So no, there is no way of homebrew nor games withouth
a flashcart

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Do I need to click "Eject" on windows before I can take out the SD card, or can I just take it out right away when I'm done moving files around?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Do I need to click "Eject" on windows before I can take out the SD card, or can I just take it out right away when I'm done moving files around?

I never "eject" unless it's a NTFS drive. But ejecting is a good way to see if there's any program writing to the SD or not.

Bulletsmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What sites have you been looking at? lol. The best is the Supercard DSTWO. It gets updates to new 3ds versions within 24-48 hours. It has a cpu in the cart which can let you play gba and snes games. You should buy that. But if you want a more in-depth look at carts follow this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
Yes. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

Fix'd :P
You can get either SCDS2 if you want emulators, DS2Linux and other stuffs, or a R4i DSN for normal usage.

Thanks a lot guys. I just ordered a couple dstwo's :D

I'm sure I'll eventually get a gateway-like card if/when they are compatible with the latest fw, no rush for it now

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Is there a "no fail" method of updating emuNAND? I know that to update emuNAND I have to go to system settings while in emuNAND and have it show GW3D with version number to be sure that it IS emuNAND and then go to other settings>system update. I also know of the bug that where if I leave system settings It'll revert back to sysNAND so I won't do that, as soon as I see GW3D 4.5 I'll update. But I've also heard that some people see the GW3D and their system version but when they update it updates their sysNAND instead? lol?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a "no fail" method of updating emuNAND? I know that to update emuNAND I have to go to system settings while in emuNAND and have it show GW3D with version number to be sure that it IS emuNAND and then go to other settings>system update. I also know of the bug that where if I leave system settings It'll revert back to sysNAND so I won't do that, as soon as I see GW3D 4.5 I'll update. But I've also heard that some people see the GW3D and their system version but when they update it updates their sysNAND instead? lol?

Well, quite hard to judge those reports ("did everything by the letter and managed to update the sys"), as I don't know any of those who claimed it happened to them. All i can say for sure is that none of the seven GW users I do know (in the sense of "If it will ever come to my knowledge that you lied to me I'll drive to your home and give you a boot to the head") has had any problems yet in regards to updating emu, although eight (me included) is quite a small sample size.

The only point I'd like to stress once again: do a solid NAND backup before trying to update. By that i mean burn it to an optical disc and verify it (aka. compare it bytewise or by doing a checksum calculation) to the one on the SD, so you still have the chance of fixing it/letting it be fixed if it should go wrong.

edit: I don't want to imply that those who reported that they updated their sys are liars per se, 2.0 still being beta and therefore having a chance larger than 0% of having bugs. It's just that I've had to learn the hard way on the internet as well as in real life that very often the problem is the component between the chair and the keyboard, also known as an OSI layer 8 error.

schnoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a fat 3DS, probably with latest firmware. I was curious if I should buy a DSTWO or buy a GBA SP + EZFlash to play the most GBA games with highest compatability. (namely newest Castlevania, Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi)

C RONALDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play online with 3DSXL on firmware 4.4.0 with emunand 7.1 ?
I want to play some mario kart and mario tennis online if it's safe

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GBA games on 3DS are very small on the screen. a 3DS XL should look better.
But I guess it's like watching a 4:3 movie on a 16:9 TV, you have black bar you notice at the start of the video, but then get used to it and don't even notice them anymore.

I would choose a DSlite/DSi XL, which render full screen, and let you play DS games too.
I guess it depends what you want : GBA games only, GBA+DS games full screen, GBA mini screen + DS and 3DS games.

The DSTwo drains the battery more quickly in GBA mode as it uses his own CPU.
a GBA SP + flashcart should have a better battery life time.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I play online with 3DSXL on firmware 4.4.0 with emunand 7.1 ?
I want to play some mario kart and mario tennis online if it's safe

To play online you have to buy the actual game and use gateway classic mode I believe. Roms don't work with online play. For Mario kart you'll have to use emunand to access the store and download an update for the game then switch to classic mode to play.

josking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just bought R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 earlier. And I have no idea how it works. I tried downloading stuff from their website but I think my 3DS version is superior to it (7.1.0-14U) It just shows an error has occured.. So yup, if anyone has the same card as mine, please link me to things that could help me. Thank you guys! Happy New Year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.