• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I get a 4.1-4.5 3DS XL, what do I do to prevent it from updating?
Just make sure the wireless (switch on the bottom part right) its off, meaning no yellow light.. In this way you will not be connected to internet therefore you will noot update... And when using gateway always use the latest firmware with firmware spoofing.

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard somewhere that Parental Control can block the update... Is that true? If so maybe you can enable it on NAND but not emuNAND?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Which options under parental control do I restrict for it to not update?

There's no such option. You can only remove a connection in Internet Settings so your 3DS won't connect, and when you try to access it it asks for the PIN. This is to prevent others from updating.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no such option. You can only remove a connection in Internet Settings so your 3DS won't connect, and when you try to access it it asks for the PIN. This is to prevent others from updating.

Which options under parental control do I restrict for it to not update?

what i did is just add parental controls for each of the ESRB ratings. easy pin like 6666. sure its a pain in the ass everytime u load up ANY rom, but better safe than sorry.

Also, turn off spotpass, it automatically downloads updates to 3ds cache, and that becomes a pain in the ass.

XarujeCMK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using emuNAND, is it okay for me to download Eshop games?

I can still play them in Gateway mode, right? Without any risks?

Also, what about game updates? It should be safe to download them, right?

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, by any chance somebody has found a harvest moon 3d a new beginning eur rom ?
and i guess with 7,1 emunand i can't play us version right?

Korn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, trying to clarify if I understood this right:

From the firmware 4.1 - 4.5 you can update to the emuNAND firmware, which is needed for accessing everything related to online, those options only work with retail games through the Gateway's classic mode though.

The Gateway can play most games without cart except Pokemon and some others, which can still be played through classic mode.

Games from other regions can be played regardless of the 3DS's region, for example I could buy a European (PAL) 3DS and play Shin Megami Tensei 4 (NTSC) on it.

Also, if a 3DS is on a firmware lower than 4.1 (if that is possible, I don't know), is there a way to update it to that point?

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a 3DS is lower than 4.1, you're gonna have to buy a game with update 4.1-4.5 on it and update with it.

toge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all

r4i just released 3.1 for their deluxe card. just wondering, to go from 3.0 to 3.1 can I just replace the launcher.dat? any more steps after that? thanks. the instructions are unclear inside the zip

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all

r4i just released 3.1 for their deluxe card. just wondering, to go from 3.0 to 3.1 can I just replace the launcher.dat? any more steps after that? thanks. the instructions are unclear inside the zip

Hey, the instrunstictions were pretty clear for me, and i had 4,5 realnand and 4,5 emunand with 3.0, today updated to 3,1 and redone all the steps from the beginning and now everything is working fine with emunand 7,1. Although i did lose statistics data on my games that i played from the point i made first emunand and the coins collected from steps.

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When all the remaining stuff gets shipped to me I'll end up with my 4.5 3DS XL, 4GB SD card that came with it, Gateway, 16gb class 10 microSD with SD adapter, and my laptop's SD card slot.

This will be enough to get the magic working right?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When all the remaining stuff gets shipped to me I'll end up with my 4.5 3DS XL, 4GB SD card that came with it, Gateway, 16gb class 10 microSD with SD adapter, and my laptop's SD card slot.

This will be enough to get the magic working right?
You have to have the Gateway files but yeah, it should be enough.

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, by any chance somebody has found a harvest moon 3d a new beginning eur rom ?
and i guess with 7,1 emunand i can't play us version right?

First off no one will provide you with Rom files here as it's illegal; Second it's not Emunand that allows Region spoof but the Gateway Launcher. With the current 2.02B Region spoofing works.

Hello, trying to clarify if I understood this right:

From the firmware 4.1 - 4.5 you can update to the emuNAND firmware, which is needed for accessing everything related to online, those options only work with retail games through the Gateway's classic mode though.

The Gateway can play most games without cart except Pokemon and some others, which can still be played through classic mode.

Games from other regions can be played regardless of the 3DS's region, for example I could buy a European (PAL) 3DS and play Shin Megami Tensei 4 (NTSC) on it.

Also, if a 3DS is on a firmware lower than 4.1 (if that is possible, I don't know), is there a way to update it to that point?

You are correct and also in order to update a 3DS with a firmware lower then 4.1 to something around 4.1-4.5 you have to use a cart that holds that firmware. This post here lists these Carts http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-games-come-bundled-with-update-4-5-0.351084/#post-4707212

I can just download the gateway files on the website though right?

Yes all the files you need with gateway can be found at their site and downloaded in a zip file.
http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads.html

Reactions: KamazasBl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.