• Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the gateway team mentioned the possibility of playing roms online? Or is it just impossible? That's right I'm talking about you MH4 online! lol.

M

milkman12345

The other day I bought an R4 deluxe. A few minutes after I paid for it I searched it up and it doesn't seem to have copied Gateway's newest updates. Have I just wasted my money on a flash cart that will probably never support multi-rom or NAND saving?

ZenWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a r4 deluxe. Sometimes when I reapply the ds profile hack after turning off my 3ds, it freezes for over a minute and doesnt work.
Is this normal?
Other times it only freezes for a few seconds and reboots and works fine.

Bulletsmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a complete noob, I have a 3ds XL with 7.1.10-14u and just want a flash card to play DS games. I don't require 3DS games at the moment.

Which is the best one? From looking at some sites, its either R4i SDHC or R4i Gold. Thoughts?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a complete noob, I have a 3ds XL with 7.1.10-14u and just want a flash card to play DS games. I don't require 3DS games at the moment.

Which is the best one? From looking at some sites, its either R4i SDHC or R4i Gold. Thoughts?
What sites have you been looking at? lol. The best is the Supercard DSTWO. It gets updates to new 3ds versions within 24-48 hours. It has a cpu in the cart which can let you play gba and snes games. You should buy that. But if you want a more in-depth look at carts follow this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a r4 deluxe. Sometimes when I reapply the ds profile hack after turning off my 3ds, it freezes for over a minute and doesnt work.
Is this normal?
Other times it only freezes for a few seconds and reboots and works fine.

Yes. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

Which is the best one? From looking at some sites, its either R4i SDHC SCDS2 or R4i Gold. Thoughts?

Fix'd :P
You can get either SCDS2 if you want emulators, DS2Linux and other stuffs, or a R4i DSN for normal usage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
zb123: which launcher.dat version are you using?

What happen if you place a game on a free place, but that place is not free on SysNAND?

is it affecting only games bought on eShop? because I have my applications at different places on my SysNAND and EmuNAND without problem.
I tried icon position with 2.0b1 (didn't affect SysNAND) and wifi settings with 2.0b2 (didn't affect SysNAND wifi settings).

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very off topic but I feel like I should give it a shot I bought my 3DS XL 2 days ago at Fry's Electronics, it's 4.5 but I'm very OCD, there were dust in the cart slot, and AC port, basically I didn't like it and want to exchange it for another 3ds xl... What reasons can I give them?

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zb123: which launcher.dat version are you using?

What happen if you place a game on a free place, but that place is not free on SysNAND?

is it affecting only games bought on eShop? because I have my applications at different places on my SysNAND and EmuNAND without problem.
I tried icon position with 2.0b1 (didn't affect SysNAND) and wifi settings with 2.0b2 (didn't affect SysNAND wifi settings).
I'm using 2.0b2. I just tested with the YouTube app as well, the icon was created in systemnand even though I never had it installed directly on there (although I'm not sure if that's normal), and it took the closest available slot to where I had it in emunand that wasn't empty. Moving the icon on sysnand however did not affect emunand.

For default applications, I can move them separately without a problem.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downloaded apps are added both to Emu/SysNAND (they are stored on the SD card, right? so both NANDs list them).
But if you go to Data management on SysNAND, it detects that you didn't download them using SysNAND and delete them from SD.

So, it affects only downloaded apps?
I don't know why the icons are moved on EmuNAND->SysNAND but not EmuNAND<-SysNAND.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaded apps are added both to Emu/SysNAND (they are stored on the SD card, right? so both NANDs list them).
But if you go to Data management on SysNAND, it detects thatye you didn't download them using SysNAND and delete them from SD.

I don't know why the icons are moved on EmuNAND->SysNAND but not EmuNAND<-SysNAND.
But if you go to Data management on SysNAND, it detects that you didn't download them using SysNAND and delete them from SD.

Yep, only downloaded apps. It's interesting how emunand and sysnand react to changes, it would be nice if the changes could be kept completely separate.

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard multi-rom is coming out with gateway full ver 2 release, is it true? And if so when are we getting the full final v2 release?

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. How can I transfer Gen 5 Pokémon from (for example) Pokémon Blaze Black 2 & Volt White 2 (Drayano's Hacks) save files from the DeSmuMe emulator to Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transport and then to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? I have a DSTWO, a DS, a DSi-XL and two 3DS XLs.
I am pretty sure it is possible, but I do not know which programs and what hardware will be required.

2. Why isn't everyone talking about this?

:grog::teach:

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1. How can I transfer Gen 5 Pokémon from (for example) Pokémon Blaze Black 2 & Volt White 2 (Drayano's Hacks) save files from the DeSmuMe emulator to Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transport and then to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? I have a DSTWO, a DS, a DSi-XL and two 3DS XLs.
I am pretty sure it is possible, but I do not know which programs and what hardware will be required.

2. Why isn't everyone talking about this?

:grog::teach:

1. You transfer them to a legit B/W(2) card.
2. It's been discussed months ago in other threads.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very off topic but I feel like I should give it a shot I bought my 3DS XL 2 days ago at Fry's Electronics, it's 4.5 but I'm very OCD, there were dust in the cart slot, and AC port, basically I didn't like it and want to exchange it for another 3ds xl... What reasons can I give them?

they all have some dust on them from the factory or cardboard and paper packaging, theres nothing you can do about it. either live with it or sell it off and never buy one because you'll just go insane if a spec of dust sets your ocd off.

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they all have some dust on them from the factory or cardboard and paper packaging, theres nothing you can do about it. either live with it or sell it off and never buy one because you'll just go insane if a spec of dust sets your ocd off.

Well I went to exchange it yesterday and told them that and they let me exchange it, and while I admit that it's probably dust from the assembly not all of them should be that way, since the new one that I got was dust free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.