CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/39elie/database_does_not_exist_in_fbi_error/

To create empty title.db and import.db files in Windows, open Notepad. Click on "File" and select "Save As." Choose your desired save location. Name the file "title.db" and select "All Files" for "Save as type." Repeat these steps for import.db, but name the file "import.db".
I did have a dbs file in one of the id folders which i then deleted and put empty files in, and it didn't like it so i used tiny format which gave me new folders to put a dbs folder in. thanks for your help its now working great!!

edwordg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a n3ds with 9.9.0 23u searching around and dont see much info on 9.9 anyone point me in the right direction to start cfw. I have done wii psp xbox and ps3 mods before. New to 3ds. Thanks! Lots of new info to take in.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. Is there, by any chance, any other instance that I need to be aware of, or is this the only trigger?

edit: and guys, if i format the system (without the SD Card), I wouldn't have to go through all the (cfw) installation processes again, would I? I plan to switch my NNID.

well, the same would apply when closing a dsi or vc injected gba game. though technically, those actually go back to sysnand the moment you start them. not really aware of any other instances though.

personally, i just made sure that my sysnand has a very different structure than my emunand by moving everything that wasn't system settings or health and safety into a folder and also giving it a different colored homemenudesign through the homemenumanager homebrew

as for the other thing no idea

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: melibios

BorutB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi! I have an old nintendo 3DS (not XL) and i want to play downloaded games from torrent trackers. I dont know where to start, i read some post here and i am confused now. Please hellp me. Firmware on my console is version 1.1.0-0E. I dont have any original game. I have only 2 card (R4 Dual Core 2014 and Gateway Blue and red cards). I want to play 3DS games. I dont know how to update console to required firmware without original game disk. Also id ont know, what is better, Custom firmware to load DS and 3DS or Gateway cartridge. Please help me, i dont know how to setup my console. Please help me fast! :-) Sorry for my bad english!

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
So originally I had my O3DS on CFW 10.3 emunand. However, I've now downgraded my N3DS to 9.2 emunand and just about to update to 9.5 emunand using sysupdater.

What I am wondering is... What are the go to programs/cia for N3DS at the moment? So I can play all cias, copy game saves over and so on.

A nice list of all the things I need to get by with a 9.5 N3DS basically.

Oh also after getting to 9.5 CFW. How do I get my Mii Plaza back up and running? Or is that a no go until N3DS gets 10.3?

Last edited by skypirate123,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
finally managed to get gba games working. i suppose its normal, but just to be sure, is it normal that these games seem to be displayed a bit... stuttery? like, the gameplay itself seems to be perfect, but on the screen, there's ghosting everything looks kinda blurry when you run through a stage and stuff?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally managed to get gba games working. i suppose its normal, but just to be sure, is it normal that these games seem to be displayed a bit... stuttery? like, the gameplay itself seems to be perfect, but on the screen, there's ghosting everything looks kinda blurry when you run through a stage and stuff?
thats as normal as it gets the 3ds does not have the hardware required to emulate gba properly so it simulates the hardware and the result is what you see (probably the reason they did not sell gba in the eshop)

Fyzx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've looked all over gbatemp and other websites looking to find if I could get an answer for this questions but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to be able to play gba roms on my o3ds, I currently run gateway with 10.3 emuNAND. Can I install rxtools on the same emuNAND to be able to run GBA VC cia's?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've looked all over gbatemp and other websites looking to find if I could get an answer for this questions but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to be able to play gba roms on my o3ds, I currently run gateway with 10.3 emuNAND. Can I install rxtools on the same emuNAND to be able to run GBA VC cia's?
yes they both use the same emunand and yes if you install rxtools you can install a gba.cia to sysnand and play it (you may need to patch agb-firm)[Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: Fyzx

Fyzx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lisaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
I use a n3ds sysnand 9.2 and emunand rxtools RX-E 9.5.0-23,
When i play a game, the 3D dont works properly.
Emunand RX-3d it s for old 3ds ?
I use rxtools 2.6
Ty

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I use a n3ds sysnand 9.2 and emunand rxtools RX-E 9.5.0-23,
When i play a game, the 3D dont works properly.
Emunand RX-3d it s for old 3ds ?
I use rxtools 2.6
Ty
thats a bug you get because you are using a n3ds (you are correct btw rxtools does not fully support the n3ds)
close and open the system lid when it happens

Last edited by wormdood,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats as normal as it gets the 3ds does not have the hardware required to emulate gba properly so it simulates the hardware and the result is what you see (probably the reason they did not sell gba in the eshop)

emulation by nature is simulating hardware, i just wonder where that blur comes from. it doesnt seem to be skipping frames or anything and the display usually doesnt blur like that, or at least i never noticed it. it feels like this could have been fixable

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emulation by nature is simulating hardware
not exactly i dont remember my sega or super nintendo systems having frame-skip or save-states like an cosponsoring emulator on a pc would be able to have look it up if you want to its the reason there is no sleep mode for gba.cia or saves like there are in other vc (gb/nes) titels . . .because the 3ds does not contain the hardware for proper gba emulation just simulation

emulation and simulation are different things

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...