• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I just unlinked my sysNAND and emuNAND. Formatted the emuNAND.
Is there any problem regardless e-shop? What happens to my NNID that is suppossed to be in the sysNAND?
Can I use the same ID on the emuNAND without any risk? I'd like to be able to update system and titles through shop.

Last edited by BBR,

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have two questions.
  • How can I link my Nintendo ID with a New 3DS at 9.2.0 (9.5.0 EmuNAND) with rxTools?
  • Would be possible to inject Sky3DS savegames (.sav) in my console to use them with CIA games?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just unlinked my sysNAND en emuNAND. Formatted the emuNAND.
Is there any problem regardless e-shop? What happens to my NNID that is suppossed to be in the sysNAND?
Can I use the same ID on the emuNAND without any risk? I'd like to be able to update system and titles through shop.
your nnid is linked to your 9.2 sysnand and as such cant connect to the eshop

unlinking tells your 3ds that emunand is its own console and your nnid may only be linked to one console at a time so no you may not link the same nnid to both of your unlinked nands

i don't know why people think formatting emunand to unlink is a good idea . . . having your nnid on sysnand will not give it any special unbrickable status emunand is easy to backup and restore
also no matter what nand its on if something bad happens you can call nintendo (with your nnid email and password) and have them unlink the nnid so you can link it to another 3ds system

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
your nnid is linked to your 9.2 sysnand and as such cant connect to the eshop

unlinking tells your 3ds that emunand is its own console and your nnid may only be linked to one console at a time so no you may not link the same nnid to both of your unlinked nands

i don't know why people think formatting emunand to unlink is a good idea . . . having your nnid on sysnand will not give it any special unbrickable status emunand is easy to backup and restore
also no matter what nand its on if something bad happens you can call nintendo (with your nnid email and password) and have them unlink the nnid so you can link it to another 3ds system

Been around the 3DS scene for three days. Unlinkind seemed the best choice so I used TinyFormat to do so. And prefered the idea of having the "legit" stuff back on sysnand, no particular reason.
Thought that the unlinking acted different, so I'll just proceed to create another NNID to use with emuNAND.
Thanks!

Reactions: wormdood

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2nd part regarding NNID on sysnand being weird, I agree.

Why people format emunand, that actually related to the error 022-2634. The problem relates to how the 3DS was not disconnected from NNID correctly and you are trying to log in with that NNID. it a weird error.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why people format emunand, that actually related to the error 022-2634. The problem relates to how the 3DS was not disconnected from NNID correctly and you are trying to log in with that NNID. it a weird error.
i agree it is weird my 2ds did not get this error ever . . . but i encountered it on my og3ds on the first opportunity to get it . . . weird

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you get the 3DNUS to work i put in the numbers and hit download and keep getting any error with the numbers from that guide for my old 3ds same emunand and sysnand u have.
Sorry for the late reply but if the description is "file already exists" you have to go into NAND and set mode to delete title and delete the title that matched the file name. It's probably in the format XXX-X-XXXX. Triple check that the numbers match or it'll screw up the system. YOu have to do this in both emuNAND and sysNAND. You also have to install the GBA cia in both emunand and sysnand, but make sure the game cia is being installed to SD, never NAND.
and btw
You need to install FBI over the Health & Safety app for sysNAND via the rxTools menu. After that, you need to boot CFW in sysNAND to use FBI.
Your advice worked, thank you so much GBA games are working yay!

Amyrosie

I'm trying!! :-)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all!
I feel kinda silly but I have a question.

See, I installed RxTools on my o3ds so I could install cias. My system version is 9.2-20u but my emunand is 10.3

Anyway, everything works! But my husband bought me the Gateway 3ds for my birthday...

Should I keep the gateway ? What are the advantages? Also, how can I use it if my console is already modified with a cfw?

I hope my question makes sense!

Thanks for your time!

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all!

See, I installed RxTools on my o3ds so I could install cias. My system version is 9.2-20u but my emunand is 10.3

Anyway, everything works! But my husband bought me the Gateway 3ds for my birthday...

Should I keep the gateway ? What are the advantages? Also, how can I use it if my console is already modified with a cfw?

Thanks for your time!

If you ever have to format emunand ever again, you can use Gateway to Title Manager which could save a lot of hassle.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello all!

Thanks for your time!
Generally GW doesn't have much advantage over rxtools for o3ds, but it still provides several functions other CFWs don't have. With GW you can save the time of installing cia's and simply put .3ds files on GW's SD and directly boot the game from GW card. GW also provides in-game cheat menu, with an innovative search engine.

Both GW and rxTools can read your emunand partition. You don't need to setup an new emunad since you already have one working with rxTools. Just download the files from GW's website and put that launcher.dat on the root of your SD and you're ready to go. I'm not sure about the method you use to boot rxTools, but I suppose you have Ctr Boot Manager or Homebrew Launcher installed. If so, just put that GW.3dsx and GW.smdh into your SD:/3ds/GW folder, and you'll be able to launch GW mode from homebrew channel.

Amyrosie

I'm trying!! :-)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally GW doesn't have much advantage over rxtools for o3ds, but it still provides several functions other CFWs don't have. With GW you can save the time of installing cia's and simply put .3ds files on GW's SD and directly boot the game from GW card. GW also provides in-game cheat menu, with an innovative search engine.

Both GW and rxTools can read your emunand partition. You don't need to setup an new emunad since you already have one working with rxTools. Just download the files from GW's website and put that launcher.dat on the root of your SD and you're ready to go. I'm not sure about the method you use to boot rxTools, but I suppose you have Ctr Boot Manager or Homebrew Launcher installed. If so, just put that GW.3dsx and GW.smdh into your SD:/3ds/GW folder, and you'll be able to launch GW mode from homebrew channel.
Thank you!! I do have rx tools with ctr boot manager. I can also access the homebrew launcher, I think. I'm glad to know I can use the flashcart anyway :)

Thanks for your help!

And thanks to both thedude28 and Yyaommli too! I appreciate your help as well!

blufiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions. I have a N3DS running on 10.3.0-28 with ninjhax 2.0. I was wondering what the difference between rxtools and reiNAND are, as well as if I can install them. Also, if I want to switch my 3ds's SD card to a bigger one, is it sufficient to just copy paste the contents of the old one onto the new one? Will I have to run the ninjhax exploit again if I do this and will I lose any eshop saves?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions. I have a N3DS running on 10.3.0-28 with ninjhax 2.0. I was wondering what the difference between rxtools and reiNAND are, as well as if I can install them. Also, if I want to switch my 3ds's SD card to a bigger one, is it sufficient to just copy paste the contents of the old one onto the new one? Will I have to run the ninjhax exploit again if I do this and will I lose any eshop saves?

You can't install CFW (RxTools/ReiNAND) because your firmware is too high. You need to downgrade it if you want to install it.

As for the SD card, if the card is SDXC, you'll need to format it so that it is FAT32 and not exFAT, then you can copy paste the contents of the old one onto the new one.

blufiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't install CFW (RxTools/ReiNAND) because your firmware is too high. You need to downgrade it if you want to install it.

As for the SD card, if the card is SDXC, you'll need to format it so that it is FAT32 and not exFAT, then you can copy paste the contents of the old one onto the new one.

I heard ReiNAND is releasing a new build that supports 10.3 though? I assume i'll be able to install that

Thank you though!

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any 3ds game updates that require firmware above 9.5 to use? I heard the latest Smash Bros. update requires a later firmware than the base game. I also remember hearing somewhere about rebuilding updates to work as CIA so they don't require certain firmwares. If that's what I'll need to do to play Smash on my N3DS's 9.5 emunand (at least until Rxtools 3.0 comes out) then how do I go about doing it?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard ReiNAND is releasing a new build that supports 10.3 though? I assume i'll be able to install that

Thank you though!

They're referring to 9.6+ Emunand on New3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are there any 3ds game updates that require firmware above 9.5 to use? I heard the latest Smash Bros. update requires a later firmware than the base game. I also remember hearing somewhere about rebuilding updates to work as CIA so they don't require certain firmwares. If that's what I'll need to do to play Smash on my N3DS's 9.5 emunand (at least until Rxtools 3.0 comes out) then how do I go about doing it?

You will need Cryptofixed updates for N3DS, and you should be able to play the base game on emunand.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're referring to 9.6+ Emunand on New3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
You will need Cryptofixed updates for N3DS, and you should be able to play the base game on emunand.

That's kind of what I figured, but are the cryptofixed versions clearly marked on that one site?

cooleothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a few questions regarding playing roms. I'm running the latest EMUNAND firmware on my 3DS.

1: Is it safe to visit the eShop and download things on EMUNAND?
2: Is it safe to install game updates via eShop (for example Super Smash), or should I install the .cia updates with DevMenu
3: What's safer to use when playing online, .3dz files or .cia?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!