• Likes 43

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, i was wondering..

i have a 3DS with version 7.1.0-16U and an r4i gold.
do i need a DS to i guess "activate" or install the patch on the 3DS? can I do it from the 3DS? or can I even do it at all?

i keep getting the error message.

thanks for the help!
..."The patch"? Are you talking about the Gateway exploit? It doesn't work on 7.1.0-16U. Gateway is going to release a version that works on 9.x and possibly you won't need an r4i (or any other DS mode flashcard).

I'm trying to run the blue chip exploit - I inserted Gateway Blue Card but it tells me there is nothing there.
I get the message "There is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot." whereas according to most tutorials I should be seeing Deep Labyrinth.
I followed these steps :
a) Formatted SD card, put launcher.dat in root
b) Formatted micro SD card, put all blue card files in root
c) Put microSD card in Gateway Blue card and ran it
No dice. I originally formatted everything in Windows Explorer with Quick Format (FAT32) but thenI also download Panasonic SD Formatter and did everything in Full Format (Overwrite) just to be sure. Still the same result.
What do I do now? Googled a bit and some people say that I might have a faulty blue card, but it ran the exploit just fine the first time.
Just to make sure, what firmware is your 3DS?

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a gateway card yet, I have some questions before buying:

1. After my I had dumped my 3DS cart and it's save and I update my emunand to 9.x, can I use the same save and quicksave and resume where I stopped? I am currently playing Project X Zone..
2. Does save and quicksave work on card 2 games and other games on this list http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility

I now buy my games and dump them, I especially do this with PS3 :D

Thanks!

zackiaustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..."The patch"? Are you talking about the Gateway exploit? It doesn't work on 7.1.0-16U. Gateway is going to release a version that works on 9.x and possibly you won't need an r4i (or any other DS mode flashcard).

sorry, i meant when you initially setup the r4i gold. i downloaded the wood 1.64 firmware and the upgrade patch.
but there doesn't seem to be a patch for 7.1.0-16U. the highest i see is 6.2.0-12, but i hear people say you can set it up with the 7.1.0-16 3ds firmware

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry, i meant when you initially setup the r4i gold. i downloaded the wood 1.64 firmware and the upgrade patch.
but there doesn't seem to be a patch for 7.1.0-16U. the highest i see is 6.2.0-12, but i hear people say you can set it up with the 7.1.0-16 3ds firmware
Oh, I see. Sadly I don't know anything about r4i or anything related to it, so I can't help you here. Hopefully someone else can.

jm778

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*New Question* Does the gateway blue card work on Dsi/Ds lite because i know you can play ds games with it on 3ds. Thanks

Berabouman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My firmware is 4.4, forgot to mention that. This is only the second time I've ever used the card.

When is 9.2 supposed to be out?

Well the blue card just worked a while ago when I used it to originally install the exploit, this is only the second time I've ever used it.
Well the blue card just worked a while ago when I used it to originally install the exploit, this is only the second time I've ever used it.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
*New Question* Does the gateway blue card work on Dsi/Ds lite because i know you can play ds games with it on 3ds. Thanks

DSi, likely not, as DSi attempted to patch those type of carts out. I would take a guess and say that this cart isn't the most up to date to DSi anti-piracy bypasses.

However, I can personally confirm that DS/DSLite are capable of use this blue cart as a regular flash cart.

My firmware is 4.4, forgot to mention that. This is only the second time I've ever used the card.

When is 9.2 supposed to be out?

Nobody knows about 9.2.

As long as you're 4.X, you should be able to use the blue cart indefinitely.

I don't have a gateway card yet, I have some questions before buying:

1. After my I had dumped my 3DS cart and it's save and I update my emunand to 9.x, can I use the same save and quicksave and resume where I stopped? I am currently playing Project X Zone..
2. Does save and quicksave work on card 2 games and other games on this list http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility

I now buy my games and dump them, I especially do this with PS3 :D

Thanks!

Gateway doesn't dump saves, period. The only way to (inadvertently) dump a save is to dump a card2 saving ROM (this means that the save file is inside the ROM itself). Most games do not use this. Very few do, such as Pokemon.

Even then, the save would come as corrupted.

For sake of Project X Zone, I am going to assume this is a card1. Therefore, Gateway will not extract or dump your save. Furthermore, Gateway has its own means of save handling and handles them in a proprietary way. Thus far, there are no means to convert or inject gateway saves in any way that make them compatible with CIAs, retail ROMs, or other types of saving. More than likely, your only option will be to run your game in classic mode. However, I am not sure whether or not it will take your save file or say if it's corrupt.

Not sure what you're asking about card2 exactly, but they are able to be saved and handled more or less the same way as card1. You can save and load like a standard game. Just be sure that you properly close your game before shutting off your 3ds to prevent data loss.

Noob question here

Is gateway card necessary physically? or is it in theory possible to be pure software base(cfw) if Gateway wanted to?

it is possible to use cheat with gateway? like inf money or something in pokemon/monhun etc? if not it is possible through save editing?

If Gateway wanted to, they could. At one point, it was possible to launch the NDS exploit without any cart inserted (you would have used the blue cart at a prior point to install the exploit). You couldn't run gateway games, obviously, but you COULD run classic mode emuNAND, among other things. I believe now the Gateway must be inserted by Gateway's own doing.

With the introduction of CIAs, it would, in theory, be possible, to install the dev menu and without the gateway, manage all your games as CIA installs. For now though, the gateway is needed to install the devmenu at the very least--so you have to have it at some eventual point.

Cheating is not possible. As far as save editing, that is very, very limited. Since gateway uses proprietary save for card1s, it means that you can't really do any card1 game save editing.

As for card2, I believe that Pokemon (and some limited SSB hex editing) are the only games that are able to have their save files manipulated.

Reactions: askara

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It works on DSi and DS Lite, yes. Currently using it to play games on my own DSi while I wait for the new update for the red card.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway doesn't dump saves, period. The only way to (inadvertently) dump a save is to dump a card2 saving ROM (this means that the save file is inside the ROM itself). Most games do not use this. Very few do, such as Pokemon.

Even then, the save would come as corrupted.

For sake of Project X Zone, I am going to assume this is a card1. Therefore, Gateway will not extract or dump your save. Furthermore, Gateway has its own means of save handling and handles them in a proprietary way. Thus far, there are no means to convert or inject gateway saves in any way that make them compatible with CIAs, retail ROMs, or other types of saving. More than likely, your only option will be to run your game in classic mode. However, I am not sure whether or not it will take your save file or say if it's corrupt.

Not sure what you're asking about card2 exactly, but they are able to be saved and handled more or less the same way as card1. You can save and load like a standard game. Just be sure that you properly close your game before shutting off your 3ds to prevent data loss.

so the games that I played on sysnand will stay on sysnand and newer games and saves on emunand will stay at emunand right?

Kinda bad that I will still have to swap some few games, I don't know if I will still buy GW or go legit all the way..:wacko:

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
No idea where to ask this, but..
the backlight dimming feature is annoying on these new 3ds (really poor transition), is there a way to turn it off? I'm not finding it in the settings

Edit: actually nvm, i think i found it, lol.. its in where the theme settings are.. weird

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Does installing DLC/Updates through BigBlueMenu work with retail carts? Also, does it require custom firmware, or can the installed DLC/Update be run in classic mode?

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Is there a way to know if old R4i Gold 3DS flash cards need patching to work in 3ds?

rev C = http://www.r4ids.cn/images/dolasho.jpg
rev D = http://www.yallgame.com/piceasy/upload/images/Z44T.jpg

the wood kernel help info show both as the same. dsi 1.45, 3ds 6.20. <-- does that mean
they are already patched from factory?

Or do I still need to patch them? if so,

"The 3DS V6.2.0-12 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i Gold 3DS card only)(Aug.6th,2013)". or do I need to patch the previous one first?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States

so the games that I played on sysnand will stay on sysnand and newer games and saves on emunand will stay at emunand right?

Kinda bad that I will still have to swap some few games, I don't know if I will still buy GW or go legit all the way..:wacko:

I could be wrong about this, but I believe the moment you create emuNAND is when it creates carbon copy of sysNAND. You make a clone, and from there,you should continue to use emuNAND from thereonout. sysNAND, for the most part, should stay the same. emuNAND will be the one to start to differentiate.

As far as retail titles though, you will likely need the cartridge for sysNAND or emuNAND regardlesss to preserve your save file.

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People say that Sky3DS just clone a real game... Then why did it take years to produce? Why not clone a game since day one?
I thought it was impossible to clone due to private keys and stuff?

Did I miss something?

xyzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How long does it take for GW to update their software for Emunand FW update support? I.e. when 9.0 was released, what was the lag between Nintendo's update and GW team reaction?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prospective Gateway buyer, just wanted to make sure I have things completely straight:

NAND and emuNAND take up two separate partitions on the 3DS' SD card. NAND remains on the firmware version required to boot Gateway mode, emuNAND can (usually) be updated to the latest firmware version, and is where all .cia installations take place.

Am I missing anything?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello! Does installing DLC/Updates through BigBlueMenu work with retail carts? Also, does it require custom firmware, or can the installed DLC/Update be run in classic mode?
This should work just fine. Mind, though, that if you boot a retail game with 6.x+ save encryption, it'll use the 4.x save encryption in Gateway Classic Mode and become incompatible with a normal updated 3DS.

Prospective Gateway buyer, just wanted to make sure I have things completely straight:

NAND and emuNAND take up two separate partitions on the 3DS' SD card. NAND remains on the firmware version required to boot Gateway mode, emuNAND can (usually) be updated to the latest firmware version, and is where all .cia installations take place.

Am I missing anything?
No, I think that's about it. Though the (sys)NAND is not stored on the 3DS's SD card. It is a special storage chip in the 3DS itself. The EmuNAND, being an emulated NAND, is stored on the SD card and Gateway tricks the 3DS into thinking the SD card partition is the real NAND chip.

Reactions: frogboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o