• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my last question I have a wii u with haxchi on it. I just bought this 3ds and a switch to run CFW should I put them all under the same online account or have them under different ones due to console bans?
Probably smarter to have separate accounts. I mean if you get banned for something dumb on the 3DS it would be shitty if your Wii got banned too right?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably smarter to have separate accounts. I mean if you get banned for something dumb on the 3DS it would be shitty if your Wii got banned too right?

Yeah that’s what I thought do I just need diff name? and address? do I need to ask a real person or just create a new person?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that’s what I thought do I just need diff name? and address? do I need to ask a real person or just create a new person?
It doesn't matter as long as the username and password are different. Two people living in the same house can both have a 3DS, your address is irrelevant as is your name.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's by username, not real name.... Honestly, it's done with the account ID which is different even if you create a new account with the same information.

Should I make my online account before to avoid getting banned or after my cfw to avoid updating firmware?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I make my online account before to avoid getting banned or after my cfw to avoid updating firmware?
Doesn't matter. You should update the firmware on a CFW console anyway. There is no reason not to. The only thing that will get you banned is cheating online, playing a game online before release, or setting your favorite title to a HomeBrew. Otherwise, just use it like a normal console.

Reactions: Zap2000

iohanna29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------[/QUOTE]
@iohanna29: Have you yet tried to bring up the Rosalina Menu with L+Select+Down(Dpad) while the system is booted normally? If you’re running Luma >=8.0 it should pop up. If FBI starts, you have some kind of cfw running.
But… you have FBI 2.4.2 which was released Aug 16, 2016; this was before B9S was released. If the previous owner did not upgrade, you may still have A9LH. Please do not update the official firmware to 11.8 until we know, what is installed on your device.
The latest Luma that works with AL9H is 7.0.5. Try to put arm9loaderhax.bin from this release to the root of your SD-card and hold “Select” while booting. Hopefully the Luma settings are loaded.

This method worked. I put arm9loaderhax.bin in root of sd card. I got access to the menu.

No it's not risky. Just don't visit the theme shop else it might be deleted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

FBI is standalone 3DS title.... Not just an app accessed only through HomeBrew. It exists as a .CIA

You never said if you were able to boot Godmode or not.... You HAVE to have CFW to have FBI installed as a .CIA on your HomeMenu. YOu just need the correct files for everything to play nice.

Godmode did not work. Sorry for not updating you on that.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't matter. You should update the firmware on a CFW console anyway. There is no reason not to. The only thing that will get you banned is cheating online, playing a game online before release, or setting your favorite title to a HomeBrew. Otherwise, just use it like a normal console.

I have reformat the 3ds do I need a NNiD before starting the sound hax method and installing CFW? Not sure if it force me to update to lastest firmware? If anyone can confirm if I should do this first or after cfw?

Last edited by Zap2000,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you rename the backups? The filename should contain the serial – in recent versions at least.

If anybody knows a better way, please tell. This is NOT an elegant way, but it works:

With GodMode9:
The serial is stored inside the file
[1:SYSNAND CTRNAND]:/rw/sys/SecureInfo_A
If you open it in the hex-editor you get a lot of binary gibberish and on the very end of the (short) file is the serial.
GodMode9 is able to mount nand.bin images – but only from the same console. If you try to mount an image and you can browse it like [SYSNAND CTRNAND], it fits for the console.

With a computer:
Set up your computer according to this tutorial and mount the NAND-image(s) with fuse-3ds and OSFMount (on Windows, Linux should be able to mount the image files with "-o bind" as mount option). Then navigate to /rw/sys/SecureInfo_A and open the file in a text editor.
These dumps were from a time when most utilities didn't rename. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to rename them appropriately either. Thanks for the method, I'll give it a shot.

iohanna29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
With the help of KleinesSinchen, I confirmed that my unit is in fact hacked with a9lh.

Now my question is: Is it safe to update to latest b9s? This is my current system version.

Attachments

• IMG_20181122_222231.jpg
    IMG_20181122_222231.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20181122_222206.jpg
    IMG_20181122_222206.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my old 2DS, now what? What programs and so on should I get?
Why did you hack it if you didn't have a goal? Look around for games or programs and see what you want. That's all anyone can really say. There isn't a "Best of HomeBrew" list or anything. So do whatever you hacked it for.

What kind of games are safe to play online? Why?
Um all of them are safe to play online..... What exactly is your question?

With the help of KleinesSinchen, I confirmed that my unit is in fact hacked with a9lh.

Now my question is: Is it safe to update to latest b9s? This is my current system version.
Yes. Update to the latest B9S, then update to the console, then Luma to 9.1. Everything will work fine.

Reactions: iohanna29

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why did you hack it if you didn't have a goal? Look around for games or programs and see what you want. That's all anyone can really say. There isn't a "Best of HomeBrew" list or anything. So do whatever you hacked it for.

Um all of them are safe to play online..... What exactly is your question?

Yes. Update to the latest B9S, then update to the console, then Luma to 9.1. Everything will work fine.

What the best file system to use after cfw installion exfat or fat32? Wats most popular?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wats the easiest way to get CAi games now no free shop. I found that’s of sites with lots spyware and bullshit 1 download at a time

I’m looking dumps where I can just put the ones I want and get them all at once.
Are all the CIA’s trustworthy?

I did find one good but was only 3ds files that would need converted

Any hints ppl

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wats the easiest way to get CAi games now no free shop. I found that’s of sites with lots spyware and bullshit 1 download at a time

I’m looking dumps where I can just put the ones I want and get them all at once.
Are all the CIA’s trustworthy?

I did find one good but was only 3ds files that would need converted

Any hints ppl

That iso site, literally can't be any easier than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s