Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
If your is 3ds connected to the net it will download, period.

Really ? LOL , That's not what I heard anyways.... And people here are talking of playing online and whatever LOL. Well guess I could just backup the emunand and go mode just don't care lele

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only downloads it, it asks you if you want to install on boot.

If you're in game it won't download it from what I've experienced so a good strategy is just to not dawdle on the menu and hit no when they ask if it comes to that.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
ok , but homepass is a no-no ? asking so I Can remove the mac spoofing from my wifi repeater in my salon lol. I'll then just use online when wanting to play online in a game ( only have pokemon and smash right now)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
ok , but homepass is a no-no ? asking so I Can remove the mac spoofing from my wifi repeater in my salon lol. I'll then just use online when wanting to play online in a game ( only have pokemon and smash right now)
homepass itself isn't blocked but a lot of public macs are now. (like the ones that start with 46)
Just wait and watch the main homepass thread for an updated mac list soon.

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated.
Now if I wait for the next GW update, can I just load the new launcher.dat file and avoid formatting my emunand?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
It's cool that you can theme your system now and the themes looks and sounds really great!
However.. It could have been even better. Lets say that they reworked how the folders work.
Imagine that when you go into a folder it'll look like a new homescreen that you can apply a custom theme to.
And in the real home screen you'll see different kind of folder icons based on what theme were applied to that folder.

That way you could for instance create a zelda folder that will look like a tresurechest on your homescreen and when you open the folder it will switch over to the zelda theme until you exit out of the folder. This seems like something they should do in a future update :)

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wait for the new GW update then yes you won't have to format your emunand!
Thanks for the info. This was the first time this has happened to me. I was too excited about the smash brothers update and just assumed it was too early for a huge FW patch to come out lol.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this for the sake of trying and nothing happens. Could you elaborate, please? What exactly should happen? What the conditions are? My emunand is 8.1.0-19, maybe that’s the case?
Nothing should happen unless you have a 9.0 rom or cartridge because you can only update to higher system version. But if you want to test if you're in the right place, try to run a cross region rom, you should not be able to run it.

Edit: Or you can create a new emuNAND 4.x to try it out.

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't rule out a bad gateway card if nothing else seems to work, I had one that stopped reading my sd card for some unknown reason, but do some trouble shooting first

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame gateway are so slow with updates, sure they work but there wasn't exactly much time between being able to use 8.x firmware and nintendo releasing 9.x firmware

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame gateway are so slow with updates, sure they work but there wasn't exactly much time between being able to use 8.x firmware and nintendo releasing 9.x firmware

Basically because 8.0 started using a new encrpytion that had to be cracked and applied so that the launcher gave it to all the processes. When firmware 7.0 was released emunand didn't work either but it just needed small adjustments and got released in not much time

jajhohner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
::Facepalm::

I was waiting for my game to arrive before I downloaded the eShop thing. Anyway to get that update so that I can play Super Smash Brothers online? Or are we out of luck until GW updates?

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically because 8.0 started using a new encrpytion that had to be cracked and applied so that the launcher gave it to all the processes. When firmware 7.0 was released emunand didn't work either but it just needed small adjustments and got released in not much time

Ah I see, maybe I was just more annoyed at how infrequent the gateway news posts were, then again they always seem to deliver in the end

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah I see, maybe I was just more annoyed at how infrequent the gateway news posts were, then again they always seem to deliver in the end

Cracking the 7.1 encryption was really big stuff , that's why they took so much time. Also , I don't think nintendo would release a new encrpytion without testing it like they did with the first ( putting it first in youtube . then in some game , then in the whole system) . They said they were working on saves but since that isn't as much of a priority as having a working emunand is , they can stop that anytime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...