Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exaxtly are you trying to say except of teasing us here? You people with the DevMenu should stop doing this.

What from his post made you think he was teasing? All I saw was speculation regarding the file type of the theme files that made sense. He never said anything about having DevMenu.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hey, i aint got dev menu....well i have it but i cant use it lol

....but what im saying, is it would be another reason for gateway to consider giving people some sort of or dev menu, i suppose a good way of limiting it if they where woried about people just installing games, would be to limit the .cia installation to small file sizes like 100MB max, that would probably cover most if not all DLC but prevent it being used as a rom loader
Oh I see then sorry for the misunderstasting then >.>
I don't think this would work it's like the PSV PKG installer when you can install themes on 3.18 but they won't because the latest firmware is 3.30

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh I see then sorry for the misunderstasting then >.>
I don't think this would work it's like the PSV PKG installer when you can install themes on 3.18 but they won't because the latest firmware is 3.30
yeah i did also say assuming they get 9.0 working in emunand, it would be pointless installing something if there is no framework in the homscreen to even support theme switching anyway

i would imagine the file structure of the themes is just a couple of pictures and a few sound files

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
From gateway web page:
News just reached us about System Firmware 9.0.0-20 being released, and some users have already notified us that 9.0.0-20 emunand is not booting.

We have analysed this update for a bit and we can reassure our users that we expect to have a new Launcher update ready shortly.
Our originally planned Launcher for the next release will be put on hold until we have emunand support again.

Until next time, ENJOY!

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
From gateway web page:
News just reached us about System Firmware 9.0.0-20 being released, and some users have already notified us that 9.0.0-20 emunand is not booting.
We have analysed this update for a bit and we can reassure our users that we expect to have a new Launcher update ready shortly.
Our originally planned Launcher for the next release will be put on hold until we have emunand support again.
Until next time, ENJOY!
Awesome news!
Thanks for the update!

I will update the first page! :)

Reactions: Lordjontan

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Until next time, ENJOY!

Source: www.gateway-3ds.com

Reactions: cearp

loco365

Trophies
XP
homepass itself isn't blocked but a lot of public macs are now. (like the ones that start with 46)
Just wait and watch the main homepass thread for an updated mac list soon.

When the new list of macs is released, I'll update MACycle to account for them. I may also add a system firmware version checkbox so you can choose to use the old macs or the new ones.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't own a Gateway, but as you said you got it TODAY, here's your problem: Nintendo released a 9.0.0-20 system update today, and Gateway's emuNAND is incompatible with it.

zawoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt update my 3ds, so wouldnt that be ok with emunand? Also, can I just update emunand to and older version? The diagnostics didnt work either so im guessing its more of an issue with the card itself

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's emuNAND itself that is incompatible with 9.0.0. You need to wait for gateway to release an update for the launcher.
And well, you can't update to an older version using internet update, it can only do it to the newest version. However, in another thread I saw people talking about updating it using a ROM of Super Smash Bros with it's update partition intact. Dunno if it worked tho, you'd need to look around. Or, like I said, just wait a bit for GW to release an updated launcher.

Reactions: BestR4i3DS.com

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, someone's a little quick with the trigger. It sounds to me like zawoogle's issue is with an FPGA update, not with emunand. It should not have been moved here...

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've just updated my normal 3DS XL the themes are cool I like them alot, question is I've got all the patches I need on my GW, Am I still ok to play that online or will it not boot because I've not got the new update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.