Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wonder how long before gateway drop their email support email address again, anyone thinking of spamming them with "WHY NO 9.0 SUPP)RTZ" just wait they will give their verdict soon enough, in some ways at least this might motivate gateway to get the, cheat support,gba support and save fix out , they seem to wait to put smaller updates out until there is a bigger issue to combine them within
Ah I see, maybe I was just more annoyed at how infrequent the gateway news posts were, then again they always seem to deliver in the end
well tbh their announcement for 8.x was pretty much the day after it was released, they have been pretty good with announcements lately

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
How long is the Gateway team going to play this cat and mouse game, i wonder.

It seems to take them a fair amount time and probably resources to reverse engineer new cryptos and such, which they could be using towards other innovative features.

But alas, apparently eShop is what the punters want....

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country

It seems to take them a fair amount time and probably resources to reverse engineer new cryptos and such, which they could be using towards other innovative features.

We don't know if this is a new crypto..... there were emunand incompatibilities before.. the first crypto got implemented.
And of course eshop is NEEDED . Think that if we didn't have working eshop , there wouldn't be a smash online for any of us since we need the ability to download patches

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country

Unless Gateway come up with some sort of future proof solution, I'd imagine with different hardware or something then I assume it'll always be a case of 'Nintendo releases an update, wait for gateway to make that update usable with flash cards'

Then again that only applies to online access for now

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Backed up my SD card when I saw this. Should I accidentally update, I can just copy the old files back on the partition and use the emuNAND tool to put 8.1.0 back right? Thing is I almost updated the SYSNAND... PIN doesn't stop updates on >4.0... just found out. I can separate wifi profiles between sys and emu but changing them on emuNAND puts them back on sysNAND... I hope GW's next update PROPERLY separates the two.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backed up my SD card when I saw this. Should I accidentally update, I can just copy the old files back on the partition and use the emuNAND tool to put 8.1.0 back right? Thing is I almost updated the SYSNAND... PIN doesn't stop updates on >4.0... just found out. I can separate wifi profiles between sys and emu but changing them on emuNAND puts them back on sysNAND... I hope GW's next update PROPERLY separates the two.
Just setup 3 fake ssids in sysNAND, emuNAND can't overwrite existing ssids.

Reactions: Searinox and Saxer

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
it's safe to update to v9.0 for homebrew user (seam's hombrew launcher)

for GW user don't update your EmuNand to v9.0-X

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally, threads about Smea's tweets are frowned upon, but this is one of those rare exceptions. Since everyone expected 9.x to come out around the same time as the N3DS, this should at least give more hope for the N3DS being able to run SSSPwn.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
*safe

sorry i know lots of people say "save" for some reason, but its safe, not save....hopefully it was just a typo :P

other than that.....this is as close to a confirmation that ssspwn will work on the new 3ds short of smealum getting his hands on one, as you can be sure this is the FW the new 3ds will be shipping on for JPN and AUS consoles

Reactions: octopus

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was excited to update to this newer firmware until I...

PGoVtpQ.png

Fuck that, I ain't paying £1.70 for a theme I'd rather use that for an actual game or something.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
*safe

sorry i know lots of people say "save" for some reason, but its safe, not save....hopefully it was just a typo :P

other than that.....this is as close to a confirmation that ssspwn will work on the new 3ds short of smealum getting his hands on one, as you can be sure this is the FW the new 3ds will be shipping on for JPN and AUS consoles

lol

Thanks for correction

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was excited to update to this newer firmware until I...

PGoVtpQ.png

Fuck that, I ain't paying £1.70 for a theme I'd rather use that for an actual game or something.
There are some different colors for the menu included with the update. I rather like the black one myself.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I tried the black, blue, red and yellow but out of these I liked blue more though for now I'll stick to grey.

I dunno didn't look right with black, something's off about it imo.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your face when one day user created custom themes? Would be glorious.
well i was wondering about if gateway get 9.x working on emunand, but idk.....i assume themes would be installable files (.cia) so im not sure gateway will be allowing user made themes......tbh im not much of a fan of skins and themes and stuff in general anyway.....but if i could make my own i would do something for myself

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i was wondering about if gateway get 9.x working on emunand, but idk.....i assume themes would be installable files (.cia) so im not sure gateway will be allowing user made themes......tbh im not much of a fan of skins and themes and stuff in general anyway.....but if i could make my own i would do something for myself
So what exaxtly are you trying to say except of teasing us here? You people with the DevMenu should stop doing this.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So what exaxtly are you trying to say except of teasing us here? You people with the DevMenu should stop doing this.
hey, i aint got dev menu....well i have it but i cant use it lol

....but what im saying, is it would be another reason for gateway to consider giving people some sort of or dev menu, i suppose a good way of limiting it if they where woried about people just installing games, would be to limit the .cia installation to small file sizes like 100MB max, that would probably cover most if not all DLC but prevent it being used as a rom loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: