Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to confirm that updating emuNAND using rom also worked. I just updated my emuNAND to 8.1.0 using Super Smash Bros rom (same region of course). It didn't hang my system.

Thank you. i don't think it should be any different if I use a retail smash bros

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So, regarding the "processing power", is it the same as the 3DS?

I see the RAM has been doubled, I don't know about the VRAM.
No, more cores is more power (for certain types of code that can take advantage). Notice he put a (?) next to the 268mhz, so he's not totally sure the clock isn't increased.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Holding Dpad-Up while entering Gateway mode. Yes I did format emuNAND because I was already in 8.1 so I have created a new emuNAND in order to update.
Oh I see sorry for the mass of questions if you press Dpad up while entering the GW mode will make you choose from which rom to update or you must have one rom in the SD card? thanks for the help so far ^_^

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see sorry for the mass of questions if you press Dpad up while entering the GW mode will make you choose from which rom to update or you must have one rom in the SD card? thanks for the help so far ^_^
You can choose any rom from you micro SD card, but cross region rom won't work of course. Choose a rom that is the same region as you console, and launch it, it will ask for update if you system firmware is lower than the required version.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can choose any rom from you micro SD card, but cross region rom won't work of course. Choose a rom that is the same region as you console, and launch it, it will ask for update if you system firmware is lower than the required version.
Oh I see thank you! I just formated my EmuNand >.< so I need to reupdate my new one :P

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Question , how can updates be automatically downloaded ? only by having spotpass on and passing by a nintendo hotspot or w/e is called ? Can they also be downloaded by homepassing /playing online ? want to know if the only thing I have to do is just not going into the eshop ( as there are no nintendo hotspots here)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Question , how can updates be automatically downloaded ? only by having spotpass on and passing by a nintendo hotspot or w/e is called ? Can they also be downloaded by homepassing /playing online ? want to know if the only thing I have to do is just not going into the eshop ( as there are no nintendo hotspots here)
If your is 3ds connected to the net it will download, period.

zawoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just purchased a Gateway 3DS from ModchipDirect. Everything was going smoothly, until I had to boot into Gateway mode. I tried to boot but it keeps asking to update. When I try to update, it fails and I get error
0000001F. I ran the diagnostics and they all failed too. I did all the checks to see if it was genuine and based on the looks the cart seems legit. What do I do? Also my 3ds XL firmware is 4.5.0-10U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI