Hardware 3DS mock-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy pharkas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
at first, when I heard about this announcement, 1st thing came to my mind was holographic portable gaming hehe. Guys, remember that sega laserdisc arcade game using holographic images using mirrors? But doubted it'll be unlikely, because we got rumors like, the next nintendo portable would still have dual screen but with small gap in between.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
Dude, they did say it's as powerful as the Gamecube go read read the posts on the half a dozen fan and official game sites!
No they didn't. The interviews have been posted here and it says the DEVELOPMENT is close to a gamecube so current programmers won't find much of a change. Remember that the Wii is also like the gamecube, this will aloow games to be more like each other across the Wii and DS.

If you really think that THEY said it, quote (and link) to where THEY say it, not where somebody else is interpreting their words.

They never said it's a powerful as a gamecube.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
itll just look like a psp... um, yeah...
someone draw me a picture... too busy not doing homework to draw one...

it was gonna just be a psp with (NINTENDO) on the screen... how funny... haha

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm amazed also that you DON'T need those special 3D glasses. If only 3DTV could catch up...

One Word: Technology.

Technology is getting to a point where we WON'T need those special glasses. Those special glasses were just there as a temp thing, for technology to catch up.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiFan2012 said:
I'm amazed also that you DON'T need those special 3D glasses. If only 3DTV could catch up...

One Word: Technology.

Technology is getting to a point where we WON'T need those special glasses. Those special glasses were just there as a temp thing, for technology to catch up.

3D TV has caught up, atualy Ninty has caught up with TV
tongue.gif

First real no glasses 3D TV is made by Samsung. Heres something fun, it doesnt have a pricetag....

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it going to be 4 screens it look like this.

mockupb.png

The screens with 3ds on them would be in a slight angle. The top screens on top would be use as one to make a 3d image.

tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the one i made-

ds2cobaltcolor.png

I'm not very good at mspaint as you can see, not even good at scaling a Mario screenshot properly, but whatever. Two widescreens. I intended them to be about 4 inches diagonally or so (forgot how i measured it, made this a few weeks ago). I added two analog sticks of sorts. I'm not sure how i would do it, seeing as people hate nubs and it would be tricky to close the system. Maybe Nintendo can make nubs better though. I'm not going to say the PSP Go's design is any good, but perhaps the nub could be set into the system so you can still close the system. We'll see, 3DS might not even have analog... That would suck for 3D (as in polygonal) games, but we'll see.

TheChosenBanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingVamp said:

mockupb.png

The screens with 3ds on them would be in a slight angle. The top screens on top would be use as one to make a 3d image.

tongue.gif
I doubt the 3DS will have 4 screens because DS stands for dual screen,not quadruple screen.. xD

Just sayin.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheChosenBanana said:
KingVamp said:

mockupb.png

tongue.gif
I doubt the 3DS will have 4 screens because DS stands for dual screen,not quadruple screen.. xD

Just sayin.
lol yea that why I said if and they can always change the name before release.

Just sayin
tongue.gif

side note : does it look good for a mock-up? :/

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheChosenBanana said:

Just sayin.

Just saying but its not even confirmed it has 2 screens or if its even going to be called anythingDS >_>

It might be callen NintysWickedness3DhandheldConsoleFISHY or NW3DCF... mouth full but you get my point ^^

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
If it's going to be backwards-compatible with DS games, it's going to either have 2 screens, or a portrait layout, which doesn't make much sense.

Could have 1 bigass touchscreen but when you put a DS game in a black line appears in the middle to split it up and since its all touchyscreen anyway you wont know the diff
happy.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
A mockup made by me
biggrin.gif

3DSWhite-1.png
3DSBlack-1.png

You can see them in HQ: White and Black. By the way the + and - are Start and Select, not the volume things.

In my ideal 3DS, there'd be 3 processors: the 2 that games need (Arm7 and Arm9, I think) and one for the 3DS functions. That way, when you press Home, you could make the game enter "sleep mode" (as in when you close the DS lid) and have the third processor show a Home menu, similar to the one in the Wii. From here you could change the volume and the brightness, and play music (which could keep playing even while playing the game, since the game runs on the first two processors and the music on the third), and even use pictochat! You would also be able to use any odd functionality the 3DS brought, maybe a daily planner or a sketchbook. Also you can see in the mockup that there's two mics, this would allow the 3DS to detect where sounds come from so games wouldn't just ask you to blow, but they could ask you to blow in different directions to guide a paper plane, for example. I only put one camera because more cameras would make it too expensive, 3D screens and dual analog sticks (or should I say 3D sticks?) will make the price skyrocket enough
dry.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
A mockup made by me
biggrin.gif

3DSWhite-1.png
3DSBlack-1.png

You can see them in HQ: White and Black. By the way the + and - are Start and Select, not the volume things.

In my ideal 3DS, there'd be 3 processors: the 2 that games need (Arm7 and Arm9, I think) and one for the 3DS functions. That way, when you press Home, you could make the game enter "sleep mode" (as in when you close the DS lid) and have the third processor show a Home menu, similar to the one in the Wii. From here you could change the volume and the brightness, and play music (which could keep playing even while playing the game, since the game runs on the first two processors and the music on the third), and even use pictochat! You would also be able to use any odd functionality the 3DS brought, maybe a daily planner or a sketchbook. Also you can see in the mockup that there's two mics, this would allow the 3DS to detect where sounds come from so games wouldn't just ask you to blow, but they could ask you to blow in different directions to guide a paper plane, for example. I only put one camera because more cameras would make it too expensive, 3D screens and dual analog sticks (or should I say 3D sticks?) will make the price skyrocket enough
dry.gif
sounds and looks good , but 3 processors ? That a lone would be a lot :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol