Hardware 3DS Mass ban, does it have to do w/ B9Strap?

THE DEBATE Does Spotpass being turned on affect anything?

• Total voters

LazyguyMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be able to.
I can't say for sure how you got banned, but keep in mind anything you run while online is logged on Nintendo's servers. If you run homebrew CIAs or VC injects while online they can detect it and potentially ban you.
Your last running title is sent to their servers if you have nothing running.
It doesn't matter if SpotPass is on or off, the data is still sent to Nintendo's servers.
Launching .3dsx homebrew through Rosalina is safer, since they'll only see you as running Download Play.
By keeping this in mind and only running unsafe CIAs while offline, you can lessen the chance of bans. It's not known exactly what criteria Nintendo uses to ban (besides obviously playing leaked games online before release), but this is a pretty easy way for them to tell if people are using CFW.

It doesn't block all their servers, it's only meant for blocking updates.
Kinda sucks I can't play SMarioMaker or MK7 online, but I guess I can live with that. But it's gonna be a problem if I can't sustain myself with FBI, FreShop, or CIAngel. Unless one of those has a 3dsx version and I can figure out how to get back into HBL. Also, what exactly is your definition of an "unsafe" Cia, because other than pirated games, I have a theme changer, HBL, Luma3ds Updater, Ciaangel, etc. Will those also trigger Ninty when launched?
Use this to extract your sisters private seed and inject it into your 3ds https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
Since you will both be using private seeds,the chances of you getting banned again are very low,unless you want to go public,then you will want to find as many spare public seeds as you can scattered around the internet.
So, besides unbanning my 3ds, what will my sister's private seed do? (change friend code, etc.) And if we both want to play together/ StreetPass / our 3dss are on and on the Internet at the same time, will it TRIGGER Ninty?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Kinda sucks I can't play SMarioMaker or MK7 online, but I guess I can live with that. But it's gonna be a problem if I can't sustain myself with FBI, FreShop, or CIAngel. Unless one of those has a 3dsx version and I can figure out how to get back into HBL. Also, what exactly is your definition of an "unsafe" Cia, because other than pirated games, I have a theme changer, HBL, Luma3ds Updater, Ciaangel, etc. Will those also trigger Ninty when launched?

So, besides unbanning my 3ds, what will my sister's private seed do? (change friend code, etc.) And if we both want to play together/ StreetPass / our 3dss are on and on the Internet at the same time, will it TRIGGER Ninty?
Like I said, homebrew CIAs or VC injects.

Nintendo might be able to detect that two consoles are using the same LFCS_B, it's sent to their servers when you connect along with a lot of other data after all.

Reactions: LazyguyMC
D

Deleted User

If you want a private localfriendcodeseed, buy a 2DS off your local gamestop for $40 and obtain it's localfriendcodeseed. Make sure your device has spotpass off in the settings (not in-game spotpass)

D

Deleted User

Besides unbanning your 3ds it wont do much else.If you are truly banned then there is a reason such as using cheats online in mario kart or leaving spotpass on.If you dont do any of those things again then you wont get rebanned.

Last edited by ,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody I know has been banned just for having CFW. People who have been banned clearly did something to get banned. Whether they used FreeShop to pirate games from the server, went online with a non retail version of a game (like the review copy leaks, hacked *.cia files, etc), went online with pirated games or homebrew, etc. they clearly did something. We still don't know that it was specifically caused by Spotpass either because there were people with it enabled that didn't get banned. Odds are the people banned did something to trigger it.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody I know has been banned just for having CFW. People who have been banned clearly did something to get banned. Whether they used FreeShop to pirate games from the server, went online with a non retail version of a game (like the review copy leaks, hacked *.cia files, etc), went online with pirated games or homebrew, etc. they clearly did something. We still don't know that it was specifically caused by Spotpass either because there were people with it enabled that didn't get banned. Odds are the people banned did something to trigger it.
freeshop wont banned you either it's only cheating online,spotpass showing unofficial CIA's, and playing games early.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well. No one has CFW and doesn't use any of its features. Most likely Luma/B9S itself isn't being detected, but it would be a rather simple matter to do so.
SpotPass makes no difference.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet that it doesn't have anything to do with B9S vs. A9LH, but perhaps the system tries to detect your firmware and sees that you have a sighaxed firm which is sent to Nintendo, and since it's a firm that shouldn't exist maybe they ban you?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your ban is most likely to do with the fact that:

1) you had spotpass settings on
2) you played a virtual console inject while online

If you did either of those, that's a more likely explanation.

Reactions: Deleted User

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
But isn't someone track communication and info sent even when disabled spotpass ? If yes, maybe disable that address in router firewall should block it all.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am surprised that I haven't been banned yet. I used TinyFormat and forgot to turn Spotpass off and turn off the Friend list notifications.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freeshop wont banned you either it's only cheating online,spotpass showing unofficial CIA's, and playing games early.

I got banned on a private seed today. I did not cheat online (or at all), spotpass was off, and no game was played early.

Two main categories of possibilities: 1) They were able to detect irregular activity (custom cias like freeshop and FBI, games I owned but did not purchase, etc) through some other process snitching on me. 2) This is an extension of my ban from last year.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned on a private seed today. I did not cheat online (or at all), spotpass was off, and no game was played early.

Two main categories of possibilities: 1) They were able to detect irregular activity (custom cias like freeshop and FBI, games I owned but did not purchase, etc) through some other process snitching on me. 2) This is an extension of my ban from last year.
OR someone else was using the private seed even though it is private? Is that how it works? Can someone explain what a private seed is please.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR someone else was using the private seed even though it is private? Is that how it works? Can someone explain what a private seed is please.

Not possible. This seed is 100% private, as I dumped it from one of my own consoles. Never gave it to anyone else.

A public seed, for comparison, is shared with everyone by posting it online, so multiple people use them at once. Those are inevitably banned, either from people doing bannable stuff on the seed, Nintendo seeing a bunch of people with the same seed, or both.

Last edited by kingaz,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Call it a long shot, but I'm betting these "mass ban waves" are just due to people using a public LFCS_B after being banned online for using cheats, and a large amount of people just so happen to be using the same LFCS_B, and some jackass is getting all the public seeds banned.
I was banned once having never cheated. There have been ban waves specifically targeting people using CFW; at least once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol