Hardware 3DS Mass ban, does it have to do w/ B9Strap?

THE DEBATE Does Spotpass being turned on affect anything?

• Total voters

LazyguyMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have a 3DS myself and it's been banned. [emoji24] But I homebrewed my sister's LoZ Special Edition 3ds xl back in the A9LH days after telling her about FreeShop and CIAAngel. She's been able to access Ninty's online services MONTHS after the large banwave, probably to this day. She even showed me that she was able to access the Friends List upon request. And she's still rokin' A9LH. So I'm extra jelly, yes also kinda glad I didn't update her to B9S.

What do you guys think? Pics and stuff will be posted if I get permission from my sister.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm if this is indeed true it may indicate that ninendo has some sort of way to detect b9s but not A9LH? (that easily at least) but i'm sure if it is and we find out what we could (possibly in theory) make a stealth patch to prevent them from detecting B9S

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I have a 3DS myself and it's been banned. [emoji24] But I homebrewed my sister's LoZ Special Edition 3ds xl back in the A9LH days after telling her about FreeShop and CIAAngel. She's been able to access Ninty's online services MONTHS after the large banwave, probably to this day. She even showed me that she was able to access the Friends List upon request. And she's still rokin' A9LH. So I'm extra jelly, yes also kinda glad I didn't update her to B9S.

What do you guys think? Pics and stuff will be posted if I get permission from my sister.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
There is https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/ thats already gone over this countless times. What I have seen, b9s and a9lh mean nothing as each type has had bans. This so called mass ban was months ago so frankly there are going to be hits and misses still but nothing of a wave has happened.

LazyguyMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

There isnt a mass banwave going on right now,otherwise more than one person would be reporting on it.People have reported on a9lh bans in the past last year and during the first sun and moon banwave,so having b9s isn't the issue.Also,since you have more than 1 3ds,you can unban yourself with your sisters private seed.

Last edited by ,

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I doubt its even possible to get banned for simply having cfw and going online with it. You're a lot more likely to get banned by using cheats in an online game, going online with a flashcart and no private header, just doing a shitload of suspicious things like they listed will get you banned.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I doubt its even possible to get banned for simply having cfw and going online with it. You're a lot more likely to get banned by using cheats in an online game, going online with a flashcart and no private header, just doing a shitload of suspicious things like they listed will get you banned.
My niece has never done any of those things and was banned. She barely plays her 2DS and when she does, it's her legitimate copy of Animal Crossing I bought for her. She was still caught in the wave.

The biggest suspect was SpotPass feature phoning home to Nintendo. Who knows what particularly causes the ban.

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as a precautionary measure I've seen a lot of people reccomending turning spot pass off entirely, so it could be that I guess. But from what it looks like it's kinda hard to get banned, I guess you guys just got unlucky. But I'm pretty sure there's ways to get unbanned, maybe look into that and keep spot pass off for good.
Edit: I play online a lot with my cfw, along with mods and patches and I've never gotten banned, but I do have spot pass off and I don't do anything particularly suspicious so whoever said it was that is probably on to something.

Last edited by BetterDuck,

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have spotpass on and have A9LH. I have never been banned. Even when playing my hacked triforce heroes cia online.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Call it a long shot, but I'm betting these "mass ban waves" are just due to people using a public LFCS_B after being banned online for using cheats, and a large amount of people just so happen to be using the same LFCS_B, and some jackass is getting all the public seeds banned.

Reactions: Tac 21

LazyguyMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isnt a mass banwave going on right now,otherwise more than one person would be reporting on it.People have reported on a9lh bans in the past last year and during the first sun and moon banwave,so having b9s isn't the issue.Also,since you have more than 1 3ds,you can unban yourself with your sisters private seed.
How would that work? (P.S, we have to be able to use both our 3dss at the same time, or it aint gon' work.)

D

Deleted User

How would that work? (P.S, we have to be able to use both our 3dss at the same time, or it aint gon' work.)
Use this to extract your sisters private seed and inject it into your 3ds https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
Since you will both be using private seeds,the chances of you getting banned again are very low,unless you want to go public,then you will want to find as many spare public seeds as you can scattered around the internet.

Last edited by ,

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hi, and isn't possible to have some kind of DNS to block Nintendo servers ? If I remember correctly I set this when I was modding WiiU to block Nintendo servers but internet access remained.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You will be able to.
I can't say for sure how you got banned, but keep in mind anything you run while online is logged on Nintendo's servers. If you run homebrew CIAs or VC injects while online they can detect it and potentially ban you.
Your last running title is sent to their servers if you have nothing running.
It doesn't matter if SpotPass is on or off, the data is still sent to Nintendo's servers.
Launching .3dsx homebrew through Rosalina is safer, since they'll only see you as running Download Play.
By keeping this in mind and only running unsafe CIAs while offline, you can lessen the chance of bans. It's not known exactly what criteria Nintendo uses to ban (besides obviously playing leaked games online before release), but this is a pretty easy way for them to tell if people are using CFW.
Hi, and isn't possible to have some kind of DNS to block Nintendo servers ? If I remember correctly I set this when I was modding WiiU to block Nintendo servers but internet access remained.
It doesn't block all their servers, it's only meant for blocking updates.

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Can't we have DNS to block all that servers ?

But basically that's mean if you don't want ban, don't use online, so no online gaming etc. Well that's a sacrifice for modding I suppose.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can't we have DNS to block all that servers ?

But basically that's mean if you don't want ban, don't use online, so no online gaming etc. Well that's a sacrifice for modding I suppose.
Then it's easier just to turn off your Wifi on the unit.

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
So let's just say someone wants to use CIAngel/Freeshop, download and than turn WiFi off. It would be problem for ban here?

And more curious, when I start for ex. Smash Bros .can I go online and play online without fear of ban ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1