Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop feeding the troll!

(or the person who just misused sarcasm as there are a bunch of idiots here who genuinely do things like this and mean it)

Jackalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, all those filthy pirates that got a bricked 3DS because they wanted to use Normmand's region-free patched launcher to play the imported games that they bought. :rolleyes:

If Normmand did the job HIMSELF instead of copy/paste and patch few bytes then that would be valid point. But it's not.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, all those filthy pirates that got a bricked 3DS because they wanted to use Normmand's region-free patched launcher to play the imported games that they bought. :rolleyes:
I wasn't 100% serious but I dubt anyone with a GW card have used it solely for playing their imported physical copys.

Reactions: signz

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't 100% serious but I dubt anyone with a GW card have used it solely for playing their imported physical copys.

Nope, I bought mine for the same reasons I bought an Acekard 2i for my DSi XL a few years ago: so that I won't have to pay a dime for games that I won't be buying anyway. To this day, I've not bought a single game. I don't really feel bad about it because I wouldn't have purchased the games otherwise anyway.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't even need a GW card to do the region-free Launcher.dat.

Also, why does my GW card look different? Other photos look like solid plastic under the "nub" that sticks out.

Why is everyone in this damned forum so bad at proof. Haven't you guys ever browsed 4chan?

Photo of both GW cards on top of the box, 3DS, your username and date written on paper.

I believe the maxconsole one more than this guy. Anyone with actual knowledge want to tell me why, after 2 weeks, all this crap is coming up just *now*, when the fake/modified/clone Launcher.dat's are out just a week ago?

If this code was here all along, why didn't anyone even know about the brick? The update was released about 3 weeks ago.

Quick edit: I'm not taking sides in this thread. I'm just mad that no one has an answer for why we didn't have this happen until now, like the GW code wouldn't brick until 2 weeks of use?

Reactions: IronClouds

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided I would stay on 2.0b2 and if something happens to my 3ds, I'll use those e-mails saying they will replace any 3ds bricked with a gateway ... if they don't or they fight back and I will start a riot ;)

Reactions: Tiger21820

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I decided I would stay on 2.0b2 and if something happens to my 3ds, I'll use those e-mails saying they will replace any 3ds bricked with a gateway ... if they don't or they fight back and I will start a riot ;)

I like the idea and I will trust in your honesty.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm referring actually to people that used the launcher without buying a Gateway card. Since you really only need a DS card to run the DS Profile exploit and you don't need Gateway's flash cart to make your 3DS region-free.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
For the people inquiring about downgrading in this thread, I found this link for 1.2:
[removed]

Finding a working download link for 1.2 wasn't easy. I don't know if linking to this kind of files is allowed here.

Okay, thanks for the help.

For 1.2, go to the Gateway website's download section, copy the url of 2.02b, and replace
BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2.zip
from the address with
Release_1.2.zip

why are ppl looking for v1.2? isnt 2.0b1 better? Even Mathieulh said 2.0b1 has no brick code, it was introduced in b2.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
For all the peeps who still want to play, just use an older launcher. I'm still using 1.2 (2.0 from R4i) and it's working fine, just no brand new games.

This is tragic though, how many people are being affected by this. Heck, even I almost was affected, I just luckily started using the DS Flashcard more than the 3DS starter for a couple of days, then I heard about this shit. Good job Gateway, dunno how you're gonna wave your wand at this mess.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If this code was here all along, why didn't anyone even know about the brick? The update was released about 3 weeks ago.

Quick edit: I'm not taking sides in this thread. I'm just mad that no one has an answer for why we didn't have this happen until now, like the GW code wouldn't brick until 2 weeks of use?

Because we don't care for piracy firmwares. It's not interesting for us. After the bricks appear, it got interesting.

It happens now, because it is time based.

loco365

Trophies
XP

It's funny. GW team said they'd implement region-free in their next firmware. $10 says they're just gonna copy Normatt's patch and not credit him.

I find the bricking thing absolutely ridiculous. I think, if I get a flashcard now, it's gonna be a clone. If it has even a remote chance of bricking my system, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I find the bricking thing absolutely ridiculous. I think, if I get a flashcard now, it's gonna be a clone. If it has even a remote chance of bricking my system, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

As long as you don't use 3.1-3.3 firmware (Not counting 3.3b), you don't have any chance of bricking occurring.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's funny. GW team said they'd implement region-free in their next firmware. $10 says they're just gonna copy Normatt's patch and not credit him.

In that case you would not want a clone, but a "third party".

Reactions: Huntereb

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Normmatt's patch disables rom loading though, so just copy pasting it would be a pretty bad idea :P
why are ppl looking for v1.2? isnt 2.0b1 better? Even Mathieulh said 2.0b1 has no brick code, it was introduced in b2.
Apparently 2.0b1 has some issues with saving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol