Hacking Old 3DS seems soft-bricked, Arm11 Error on Boot

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5. I plug that save data into the encryption machine and it spits out my new save data (this is so my O3DS savedata can become encrypted to the N3DS NAND? Layman here but I think that's the gist)
No. As I said in my earlier post:
If you just want to preserve your save data, then you can always decrypt and extract that manually on a PC, and then restore it on your N3DSXL using Checkpoint (or JKSM if you don't want to hack your N3DSXL).
Generally, the most straightforward way to do this is to install your game from the eShop, start a new save file, export the save data with Checkpoint, overwrite the exported save data with the old decrypted-and-extracted data, and then import it with Checkpoint again. (Checkpoint takes care of all the encryption.)

(There is at least one alternative method that does not use ninfs and 3ds-save-tool, but that ends with using Checkpoint again anyway, so there's not much point to it.)

If you are sick to death of CFW at this point and never want to have anything to do with it ever again, then you can use JKSM without having to make persistent changes to your N3DS. But people will be much more likely to tell you that CFW is perfect and glorious and that you should have no hesitation about installing it again.

fernwah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. As I said in my earlier post:

Generally, the most straightforward way to do this is to install your game from the eShop, start a new save file, export the save data with Checkpoint, overwrite the exported save data with the old decrypted-and-extracted data, and then import it with Checkpoint again. (Checkpoint takes care of all the encryption.)

Thanks for the clarification! It sounds like you saved me some reading

If you are sick to death of CFW at this point and never want to have anything to do with it ever again, then you can use JKSM without having to make persistent changes to your N3DS. But people will be much more likely to tell you that CFW is perfect and glorious and that you should have no hesitation about installing it again.

You might think so, but I am a fool :rofl:

Actually CFW has me more interested in these consoles than I ever was when they were current-gen. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have the bug! Unlike a lot of other modding communities I've been in over the years (oh god wait how old am I), this one is blessed with friendly and helpful folks who care about this stuff on a deeply personal level and it shows with the great community that has grown up around it.

Thanks for the advice again, I'm sure I'll be back!

EDIT: Just for the record, I called Nintendo and they were lovely! Helped me set up my NNID on the new 3DS without a snag. If you're reading this topic because you're in my shoes, don't be afraid of giving their customer service dept a call :)

Last edited by fernwah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-