Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Wowza. Suddenly, I'm not too mad about updating and begrudging paying for all the games I've played so far on the 3ds. I'd really, really like to see 3ds homebrew skillz unleashed, as I feel like it'd be a MUCH better emulator than my old PSP... and I really hope that's on the horizon. Piracy I could take or leave, especially hoping at least the eshop is left alone. So much indie bits popping up!

What i've learned reading through this whole thread though, is that gateway is the devil, and apparently blaming chinese gangsters is something you can type with a straight face.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be new here, don't you? What you are calling "region free patch" is just a modification of GW's launcher. The ACTUAL region free patch was something that Gateway implemented since their 1.1 launcher; it allows booting roms from a region different than the one of the console. The guy that released the launcher (in a form of patch) just did what I explained in my quote.

Bro what does tbc mean I was talking to a friend & she won't tell me what it means

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Wowza. Suddenly, I'm not too mad about updating and begrudging paying for all the games I've played so far on the 3ds. I'd really, really like to see 3ds homebrew skillz unleashed, as I feel like it'd be a MUCH better emulator than my old PSP... and I really hope that's on the horizon. Piracy I could take or leave, especially hoping at least the eshop is left alone. So much indie bits popping up!

What i've learned reading through this whole thread though, is that gateway is the devil, and apparently blaming chinese gangsters is something you can type with a straight face.

Yea, GW practically mindfucked the whole 3DS scene in the end, users of both flashcarts alike.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they found a way to make the users stop asking when the new FW will come out :P If you have a headache, break one of your finger, you won't feel your headache anymore.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well ... Well ... Well ....

Here is an interesting development for the OP.

Time to see if this story is legit.

i was playing earlier, and after i finished playing i went to sleep. after that i turned my 3DS on and it shows bluescreen.

here's a pic to prove it:

http://i.imgur.com/HTQ7VSSh.jpg

i NEVER use custom LAUNCHER.DAT. all the files in my DS both the launcher and the blue card files are downloaded from gateway site.

EDIT: another one bites the dust. i'm not alone in this world:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/279840-Blue-Screen-Official-Gateway

If your story is true ... Gateway will fix your bricked 3DS - for free.
Let us know when you ship it. Heh.

libraryaddict115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well ... Well ... Well ....

Here is an interesting development for the OP.

Time to see if this story is legit.

If your story is true ... Gateway will fix your bricked 3DS - for free.
Let us know when you ship it. Heh.

And if Gateway is indeed at fault, but will not fix it.
How are you going to be sure that OP isn't lying about what they have to say?

No real way to be sure OP isn't lying.
No real way to be sure that Gateway isn't lying.

Just trust.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
And if Gateway is indeed at fault, but will not fix it.
How are you going to be sure that OP isn't lying about what they have to say?

No real way to be sure OP isn't lying.
No real way to be sure that Gateway isn't lying.

Just trust.

And GW should pay for the shipping cost too in my opinion. If indeed their card is the cause for the brick. Or its just a pretty story GW is giving and just hoping most of the people wont send because of the expensive shipping. If the amound of brick consolesunder gw users is so low then it shouldnt cost GW too much right?

But even better if they REALLY care about their customers they should just release the method for fixing bricked consoles.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For the people, who shitstorm about the region free patch:

Normatt's patch does nothing more than disabling Gateways card stuff patch to make retail games work instead of the red GW card. All other things are not touched.

Reactions: signz and NEP

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the people, who shitstorm about the region free patch:

Normatt's patch does nothing more than disabling Gateways card stuff patch to make retail games work instead of the red GW card.
Now, I hope that finally convinces TheCruel, thanks for clearing that up.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's a scam. If they really do care about their customers and they are capable of fixing bricked consoles somehow, then they should release the tool or method they have to the public. Although, clones may take advantage of this opportunity and still continue to steal firmware now that a fix exists. But in my opinion, they should release whatever the hell it is they have for all bricked gamers so they can fix their consoles, at "least" make the tool only work for the current firmware so that the tool or method isnt taken advantage of in the future by clones.

Reactions: signz

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe it's a scam. If they really do care about their customers and they are capable of fixing bricked consoles somehow, then they should release the tool or method they have to the public. Although, clones may take advantage of this opportunity and still continue to steal firmware now that a fix exists. But in my opinion, they should release whatever the hell it is they have for all bricked gamers so they can fix their consoles, at "least" make the tool only work for the current firmware so that the tool or method isnt taken advantage of in the future by clones.

yeah, too bad we don't live in fantasy land where such a thing would actually happen.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If they get the money from customers, why should they care about said customers as long as they get rich? Under what obligation do they have that they have to care?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they are really a team hired by Nintendo to minimize pirating and remove exploitable systems. It would be a smart move..as long as they don't get caught. Get a bunch of people to pirate on your system but make sure it is only works on an older and rarer firmware (new firmware has the hacker found exploit fixed/removed/blocked). Wait for a certain amount of older firmware 3DS owners to get the gateway cards. Then bammm brick those older firmware 3DSes. Thus forcing people to either buy a new 3DS w/o an exploitable firmware or send them in for repair, fix their system but update it to the newest firmware. Booom pirating decreased and some more profit made.

ryuga93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
A question here, will my 3ds brick if I just use the launcher without the red card?I installed the exploit using other nds flash card and are using the unmodyfied launcher for emunand and classic mode.Haven't bought a gateway or any clones.

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did received an email from gateway team assuring me that 2.0b2 is safe which kinda resembles the email posted but it has a much nicer tone and they will fix the console if there anything happens because they care :) Just wanted to put that out there (ps i am not a chinese gangster or a fanboy but i secretly may be akuma).

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question here, will my 3ds brick if I just use the launcher without the red card?I installed the exploit using other nds flash card and are using the unmodyfied launcher for emunand and classic mode.Haven't bought a gateway or any clones.

there is no simple answer but from what i know that ds exploit carries the payload and executes it then affects the launcher so it could be from just launching the ds exploit aswell but so far what we know it might trigger if checksum fails on the sd card for the launcher or is modified that might execute it

ryuga93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
there is no simple answer but from what i know that ds exploit carries the payload and executes it then affects the launcher so it could be from just launching the ds exploit aswell but so far what we know it might trigger if checksum fails on the sd card for the launcher or is modified that might execute it
Thanks for the reply.As far as I know(haven't followed up with the scene lately),this bricked 3ds thing occurred days after the region free patch and the release of new clones' firmware,so I think that this wil not affect the bricking unless with a modyfied firmware,as some have done emunand without the gateways and not reporting any blue screen before the modyfied 2.0b2 launcher is released.But to be safe,I will stop using it until a fix is known.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Karens, inbreds, MAGAs, severely mentally ill and not taking their medications, etc.
    +1
    300 lb toothless women in bikinis. You name it, it's available at Walmart. lolol
    +1
    I do most of my grocery shopping there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded