Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I think so too! eBay next!
Thank you! :)

I've got one and it was 6.1 or 6.2 when taken out of the box. I'll check once I get home, but nevertheless it's on 6.x.

You could change the motherboard with a 4.5 or lower XL's motherboard if you want just the casing :P

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose here is as good as anywhere else.
It would appear that the Gateway blue card does not support games with NAND saves like Jam with the Band or WarioWare DIY. It creates the saves properly, but both load to a black screen. Any possibility of a fix? (No the black screen fix AR code doesn't work).

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to play pokemon Y, a message pops up saying "The saved game data is corrupted." Does anybody know how to fix it?
I've already tried backing up my cartridge several times, same thing happens each time.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to play pokemon Y, a message pops up saying "The saved game data is corrupted." Does anybody know how to fix it?
I've already tried backing up my cartridge several times, same thing happens each time.

Yeah you have have got the wrong header in place if your using a .3dz rom. You need the correct hex setting for the rom. Try the online thread it should tell you what to change the header to I would tell you but mine will be different from the uk.

Try this code with Hexeditor, it might work, might not your from the USA: C2 F8 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF or try C2 F0 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF. One of these codes should work with Pokemon :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that DSiWare won't work on emunand, but is there a way to get the 3DS virtual console stuff to work? I still have mine from the ambassador package that I migrated over, and I find that I can't launch any of them when running in EmuNAND. It just black-screens and won't respond to any inputs until I forcibly power down the system.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
only the nes games will work, the GBA games don't work for the same reason as why DSi games don't, the GBA games utilize the DS/GBA portion of the 3DS FW which is broken when using gateway

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you have have got the wrong header in place if your using a .3dz rom. You need the correct hex setting for the rom. Try the online thread it should tell you what to change the header to I would tell you but mine will be different from the uk.

Try this code with Hexeditor, it might work, might not your from the USA: C2 F8 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF or try C2 F0 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF. One of these codes should work with Pokemon :)

I actually got it working by erasing the save file. When the game starts if you press up + x + b it will give you the option to erase. Now everything works flawlessly, but thanks for the other solution.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a retail cartridge of Pokemon Y and I backed that up using Gateway 2.2. When I try to load the rom through Gateway, it says the save is corrupt. Is there any way for the save file to show up as not corrupt when I try to load that backup with Gateway? I want to continue my progress from the legit cart.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a retail cartridge of Pokemon Y and I backed that up using Gateway 2.2. When I try to load the rom through Gateway, it says the save is corrupt. Is there any way for the save file to show up as not corrupt when I try to load that backup with Gateway? I want to continue my progress from the legit cart.

You have to delete the save file. When the game is loading, press up + x + b and it will give you the option to delete the save. It should work after that, I had the same problem and that is what fixed it. You won't be able to continue your progress sadly.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ssspwn exploit replaces the DS profile exploit. The problem is that only the ARM11 core is unlocked and not the ARM9. There will need to be a new ROP loader exploit to allow the full system use == only homebrew will run.

TerryFunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Mt-Card today and I've been messing around with it. It was supposed to be updated to hardware version 1.4 but I found out it was only at 1.1 after I tried to (and did) update it myself.

I have 2 problems which I'm sure are linked. The first is that when I hold in L to boot to the MT Card menu, it doesn't look like it should. Of the 5 icons, there are still 3 that say "coming soon" where the options to update the Emunand are supposed to be, and the only 2 icons I can pick are "go to menu" and "choose game." Everything on my MT Card is up to date with the latest downloads from their site, what am I doing wrong?

My second problem is that whenever I try to launch Pokemon X, I get an error saying the game card has been removed and I have to return to the home screen. I got this same issue with Animal Crossing before I updated the MT Card, but now AC works fine and Pokemon still doesn't. I thought maybe updating my Emunand would help, but I can't do that because of my previous issue. I've already concluded that weak contacts are NOT the issue as many people have suggested on other sites where the same problem has been discussed but never resolved. I've tried several different sd cards all with the same result, but I'm currently using a name-brand class 10 card so that shouldn't be what's causing the issue.

I finally caved in and made an account just to ask for help here...does anyone know what my problem might be?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just got my Mt-Card today and I've been messing around with it. It was supposed to be updated to hardware version 1.4 but I found out it was only at 1.1 after I tried to (and did) update it myself.

I have 2 problems which I'm sure are linked. The first is that when I hold in L to boot to the MT Card menu, it doesn't look like it should. Of the 5 icons, there are still 3 that say "coming soon" where the options to update the Emunand are supposed to be, and the only 2 icons I can pick are "go to menu" and "choose game." Everything on my MT Card is up to date with the latest downloads from their site, what am I doing wrong?

My second problem is that whenever I try to launch Pokemon X, I get an error saying the game card has been removed and I have to return to the home screen. I got this same issue with Animal Crossing before I updated the MT Card, but now AC works fine and Pokemon still doesn't. I thought maybe updating my Emunand would help, but I can't do that because of my previous issue. I've already concluded that weak contacts are NOT the issue as many people have suggested on other sites where the same problem has been discussed but never resolved. I've tried several different sd cards all with the same result, but I'm currently using a name-brand class 10 card so that shouldn't be what's causing the issue.

I finally caved in and made an account just to ask for help here...does anyone know what my problem might be?
Update your launcher.dat, the MT card is a bit silly there is 2 different types of update, the launcher update and "hardware" update, you need to apply both

Just copy the launcher.dat from the latest update to your 3ds's sd card

TerryFunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you gamesquest1, but unfortunately I've done that as well and it still boots to the same menu with the 3 "coming soon" icons. I've deleted the launcher.dat file and replaced it several times with the one in the 1.4 package download, but still get the same result. I may try to reformat the sd card and move the launcher.dat back onto it to see if that helps, thanks again.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you gamesquest1, but unfortunately I've done that as well and it still boots to the same menu with the 3 "coming soon" icons. I've deleted the launcher.dat file and replaced it several times with the one in the 1.4 package download, but still get the same result. I may try to reformat the sd card and move the launcher.dat back onto it to see if that helps, thanks again.
are you sure your coping it to the correct SD card, it goes on the big SD that is plugged into the 3DS not the micro SD that plugs into the MT card

TerryFunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure your coping it to the correct SD card, it goes on the big SD that is plugged into the 3DS not the micro SD that plugs into the MT card

Wow, THANK YOU! It never even occurred to me I was putting the file on the wrong card, I wasn't paying close enough attention haha. I'm positive this is what my problem is, hopefully once I set up the emunand Pokemon will stop giving me the error. Thanks again!

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1