Homebrew 32x emulation is now on Wii

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@RunningSnakes

Thanks man, I really enjoyed the story. For me, I had a SNES, and after playing '91 & '92 on the Genesis, I bought NHLPA '93 (the first version on the SNES) as soon as it came out. I rented '94 for the SNES when it came out, and I definitely liked it better with the one-timers and real team logos, but also thought that it lost something from the way '93 played. I enjoyed renting every subsequent version, but always wanted a version that was just like '93, but with one-timers and the real team logos. I literally didn't play the Genesis '94 until a FEW YEARS AGO, having no idea that it was the same engine as '93, but, you know, with one-timers. It was my holy grail version! But after some playthroughs, I thought it still needed a few tweaks, and, well, you can imagine the rest of the story goes.

Glad to hear you played a round of '23! I'm already prepping for '24…

Oh, thanks for digging up the plugin for me, but unfortunately I already had it. Always double check with Tetsuo's pack on this stuff, and of course I tried all your packs too. That's the bad news. The good news is that I solved it! This has been vexing me for longer than I could remember, but I finally figured it out. Tomorrow I'll post my LONG story, and a tldr; for fellow travellers struggling with this stuff. Right now I'm too busy punching the air in celebration.

-a

p.s. Will check out the Virtua Racing mod. I've never been any good at that game!

Reactions: RunningSnakes

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For WFL users, official RA 1.15.0!

RA-HEX is unusable to a point where i pulled it from the plugins pack some time ago.

So for me, it really come down to RA 60fps performance vs HEX 25fps performance. This is seriously the difference between the 2 cores.

I feel like this is one of those scenarios where you can have your cake but you are not allowed to eat the entire piece.

Does 1.15.0 play Primal Rage fullspeed? does knuckles chaotix save support work? (I remember it was broke in the past) and do all the games run pretty well? Ive never used the 32x core before. Thanks!

Last edited by seam1,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Primal Rage is full 60fps speed, eveything i have tested/played are full speed with 1.15.0.

Loading saves is still broken though, hopefully someday it will be fixed but i'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Garcimak

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i use the picodrive.dol in wiiflow? i copied over the dol and renamed it to boot.dol but i cant load content. it just keeps saying no core available.

Last edited by seam1,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use the picodrive.dol in wiiflow? i copied over the dol and renamed it to boot.dol but i cant load content. it just keeps saying no core available.
Are you using the WiiFlow Lite Plugins Pack 2023? If so, everything you need is already included and in the proper folders/path.

The picodrive dol file should not be renamed, the path is...device:/wiiflow/plugins/Retroarch-Wii/picodrive_libretro_wii.dol

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the WiiFlow Lite Plugins Pack 2023? If so, everything you need is already included and in the proper folders/path.

The picodrive dol file should not be renamed, the path is...device:/wiiflow/plugins/Retroarch-Wii/picodrive_libretro_wii.dol
No, I use my own custom build of wiiflow. Do you have a link to the plugin pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb