Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

wei134102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi! May I ask everyone about a phenomenon
I have a collection of several plugins
GBA, GBC, GB, VB。。。。。
A game has two display covers,One is normal and the other is blank. but the number of games and cache are both the only one.
Not all plugins are like this,Have you encountered anyone else?

Here is a screenshot of me。

Latest report: delete redundant plug-in INI file of the same model.

Screenshot_2023-06-30_20-48-10.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-30_20-48-19.png
    Screenshot_2023-06-30_20-48-19.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited by wei134102,

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had this, but can imagine how it could hypothetically be caused.

- two different plugins both access the same folder, and can read the same file type.

- one of those plugins accesses the corresponding Covers folder for those tiles, the other plugin accesses a different covers folder that does not contain the cover for those title.

I'm just hypothesizing, but if that were the case, you would be able to find more than one plugin that were accessing the same ROM folder and file type(s).

banbanban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i just want to say that i had a problem with a PS1 plugin. I launched a game through Wiiflow, Wiistation started but it played another game instead, i tried to launch other games but it always played the same game. I changed the filetype from .bin to .cue in the .ini of the plugin and it solved the problem.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@banbanban

I believe your issue can be avoided if you clean up you PS1 roms folder. Instead of dropping all bin/cue game files together, create individual folders for each game inside the roms folder...
isos/Crash Bash/Crash Bash.bin-cue
isos/Tomba!/Tomba!.bin-cue

In fact, this folder/file structure should be a rule of thumb when emulating any console/computer through WFL when dealing with multiple game files for individual games...Sega CD, PCE CD, PS1, Neo CD...

I recommend using this structure if you are emulating through PC also, cleaner and more reliable = Better.

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If anyone is interested...

PS1 plugins updated
PS1 240p plugin added
platform.ini updated
I can't get wiisxrx to start for some reason (through wiiflow lite). I just get a black screen for some reason.
i tried putting the isos on my sdcard and hdd (both didn't work).
I changed the WIISX_RX.ini file to cue files instead of bin
I tried multiple bios files

all other plugins seem to be working fine.
Any suggestions on what possibly the problem could be?

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello, I have a problem, in wiiflow, I choose the retro Super Nintendo console, the inscription "No plugin Selected" is shown, then I click home - Select Plugins - I select SNES9xGX and click Back, the list of games is shown to me. when I exit Snes and return, the games disappear and I have to start over repeat everything!!!how to save it?I have plugin V6 and Wiiflow 5.5.4 :)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Pawel Open the 'retro console' tier and press the home button to open the Source Menu Setup. Click on 'Link source button to plugin', then select Super Nintendo and choose your plugin. This way it will be permanent.
The method you used is useful when you want to do some quick tests with other plugins.

Reactions: Pawel

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Pawel Open the 'retro console' tier and press the home button to open the Source Menu Setup. Click on 'Link source button to plugin', then select Super Nintendo and choose your plugin. This way it will be permanent.
The method you used is useful when you want to do some quick tests with other plugins.
Works great thank you :D

Last edited by Pawel,

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a question, earlier in wiiflow rhapsody shima showed me normally Emunand now I only have wii, gamecube and homebrew? In settings, link source buttons, I check plugins-set, click emunand and it shows me Not Allowed! What is it about how to make wiiflow unlock access to emunand

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question, earlier in wiiflow rhapsody shima showed me normally Emunand now I only have wii, gamecube and homebrew? In settings, link source buttons, I check plugins-set, click emunand and it shows me Not Allowed! What is it about how to make wiiflow unlock access to emunand
Try to go to Wiiflow settings, on page 1 check 'Game Partitions' and 'NAND Emulation Settings'

• Love
Reactions: Pawel and impeeza

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello guys! I have been having a blast configuring a second WII to gift my 11yo twin cousins this christmass.
They will love this amazing collection of superb mods.
Thank you all!

Now, I have a new question:

I saw a youtube video of a Wiiflow build which, upon entering any game from a given console, would have a custom bezel for said console in all of its games.

I have done that for Retroarch (on my Linux PC), setting Core-Overrides after selecting the Bezel I want in the Overlay section of the QuickMenu.

But I do not know how to do that for Wiiflow, I am guessing all his bezels were for Retroarch consoles that have said over-rides, but I am not sure if other emulators can have bezel overlays -in game- setup from Wiiflow.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific, I am trying to understand how he did it myself.
Much obliged!

EDIT: I meant once the games are run in 4:3 the black bars are covered with the bezel.
Initially I wrote it as if it was a bezel inside a console tier, in wifflow.
My bad, I meant bezels during gameplay.

Last edited by popckorn,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@popckorn
I believe you are referring to our friend @cheloruiz79 setup.

The Hexaeco cores support Bezels/Overlays but in my experience official RA does not. That said, the only RA plugin i have tested for this is Vectrex, RA overlays do not work but Hexaeco does. I included the overlays and setup in the plugins pack some time ago that @matto21 and i worked on.

Now for MAME-Wii, bezels are also supported and cheloruiz79 just released a youtube video yesterday showcasing, in fact i am using his bezels which are beautiful. Check out his youtube channel, he has some great stuff for those who are unaware. I believe just search for cheloretro...

Reactions: popckorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!