Trophies
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
skawo96 said:
Yay? Useless?

But kinda cool to see lowering firmware tool...kinda
rolleyes.gif

it could be used so when nintendo activates IOS 37, you could keep on running homebrew and install wads
smile.gif

Ummmmmm....hmmmmm...yeah, I will install next thingy in wii just to play some vc games. blaaah
hate2.gif

And really does it lower firmware, or it only shows you have lower?
unsure.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
arctic_flame said:
This is a lot like Undiluted Platinum.

I hope not, cause if the support (if it ever comes out commercial) will be as bad as the UP chip ppl will get feeled ripped off

UP is useless, just cause there is no support for a descent uptodate firmware replacment for the UP, cause there's no support anymore for it

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
will be useful in his project unbricking the wii

but not yet for us endusers

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, will be very useful. Though I think if Nintendo activates IOS37 in an important update, it would probably be better if we created custom firmware that looks like the new firmware to Nintendo, but does not have the IOS37 thingy. Basically a patched firmware without the fix in it.
Awesome progress though! Seems to be more evidence Bushing is still tampering with the firmware, which is great, custom firmware would put the putty straight into our hands (metaphorically
wink2.gif
).

EDIT:
Actually just watched the video lol, and I'm confused. Is there already a dual NAND in the Wii? Or did he install another. Wait, I've confused myself, what does this actually mean?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
arctic_flame said:
This is a lot like Undiluted Platinum.

I hope not, cause if the support (if it ever comes out commercial) will be as bad as the UP chip ppl will get feeled ripped off

UP is useless, just cause there is no support for a descent uptodate firmware replacment for the UP, cause there's no support anymore for it

The idea, not the implementation.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
samsam12 said:
skawo96 said:
Yay? Useless?

But kinda cool to see lowering firmware tool...kinda
rolleyes.gif

it could be used so when nintendo activates IOS 37, you could keep on running homebrew and install wads
smile.gif

Ummmmmm....hmmmmm...yeah, I will install next thingy in wii just to play some vc games. blaaah
hate2.gif

And really does it lower firmware, or it only shows you have lower?
unsure.gif

I'm sure it does really lower it, why would he make something that just changes the number in the settings? that'd be useless.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bushing isn't a liar. If he says he downgraded the Wii, then he downgraded it. Why would he lie about something like that?
laugh.gif
And anyone who thinks this is useless didn't own a PSP back when homebrew started. The basic Idea behind the custom firmware is that we can continue to use the exploits of old firmwares, while using the features of new firmwares. You must revert the unit to an older firmware to be able to use the exploits, then add just the code of the new implemented features you want without having to install the entire firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Why buy another Series X? Something happen to the 1st one?