• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

13 Russians, 3 businesses indicted by Mueller/Rosenstein in connection to Trump

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 39,462
  • Replies 594
  • Likes 11

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump's disapproval rating is 60%
And lastly, as KingVamp mentioned, Trump is down to the lowest approval rating of his presidency, 36%.
In fairness, that's only if we select the polls that show his approval rating as being low while ignoring the higher ones. His aggregated approval rating is probably closer to 40.1%. While not the lowest it has been, it's still quite low and apparently falling.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In fairness, that's only if we select the polls that show his approval rating as being low while ignoring the higher ones. His aggregated approval rating is probably closer to 40.1%. While not the lowest it has been, it's still quite low and apparently falling.
Well, these are the most recent polls, coming from A rated pollsters. Of course an aggregate is always going to look better, but it's also going to include lower-rated pollsters.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, these are the most recent polls, coming from A rated pollsters. Of course an aggregate is always going to look better, but it's also going to include lower-rated pollsters.
It's important to look at more than one poll. The aggregate is going to give more weight to better-rated pollsters.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's important to look at more than one poll. The aggregate is going to give more weight to better-rated pollsters.
Yeah I suppose. I don't think there's anything Trump could do to lose his 33% base, they're master mental gymnasts. If he dies while choking on a Big Mac it'll somehow be Hillary's fault.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I suppose. I don't think there's anything Trump could do to lose his 33% base, they're master mental gymnasts. If he dies while choking on a Big Mac it'll somehow be Hillary's fault.
I'm not saying I disagree, but this sounds an awful lot like Romney's 47% comments.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last 33% are idiotic biggots and or racist/neo nazi's once November comes around unless the 33% threaten the others lives to vote republicians or russia tries again (no doubt they will ), Trump will have a hell of a time with impeachment matters then running the country, I would want to see the security improvements between then and now (if any occurred) if we haven't learned our lesson from 2016 this is not the ideal country to live in anymore

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying I disagree, but this sounds an awful lot like Romney's 47% comments.
The difference being that a good chunk of that 47% would have definitely abandoned Obama if he was tied to a federal crime. Let alone election tampering. Trump's 33% isn't going anywhere despite proof of both. They support criminal activity as long as it's their side in charge.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might as well look into Canadian immigration laws just to be safe I'm moving to eastern canada if possiable probably winsor cause I'll be a skip from the US boarder and my relatives (most of them) are dotted round detroit

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Important Op-Ed in the New York Times today from a senior Trump administration official:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Basically it states that even people inside Trump's administration are aware of how incompetent and dangerous his presidency has been, and that the idea of invoking the 25th amendment has been considered.

Anonymous said:
But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic. That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making. Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, it is hard to tell how genuine they are.
True, and a lot of people are blasting the author for what can be seen as posturing for a better position if/when Trump is removed. Some people are even theorizing that the author might be Mike Pence himself. I don't think we'll have to wait much to find out, there's no way they're going to be able to stay anonymous for long.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So... "Crazytown", anyone?
Yup, easy to forget that this is hot on the heels of Bob Woodward's new book, which describes Trump as unhinged and ill-informed (with a lot of sources).

Vanity Fair said:
The West Wing came to a virtual standstill yesterday after The Washington Post published the first excerpts of Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, Fear. The book by the veteran White House chronicler portrays Donald Trump as an unhinged and ill-informed commander in chief surrounded by aides who doubt his intelligence and question his fitness for office. “It’s pandemonium. He literally isn’t talking to anyone. He’s canceled meetings and is on the phone calling up his friends,” one source said. Current and former staffers, meanwhile, pointed fingers in all directions as they sought to deflect blame for the damaging leaks. “I’d rather be an unapologetic defender of Donald Trump than Judas,” one West Wing official told me.

Woodward’s book triggered Trump’s wrath on several levels. Two sources told me Trump is furious at the portions of the book that describe administration officials questioning his intelligence and emotional stability. Woodward reports that Chief of Staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and the West Wing “Crazytown”; Defense Secretary Jim Mattis compared Trump to a “fifth- or sixth-grader”; and Trump’s former personal lawyer called Trump a “fucking liar” who would end up in “an orange jumpsuit” if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/bob-woodwards-reality-bomb-is-blowing-up-the-west-wing

Last edited by Xzi,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
True, and a lot of people are blasting the author for what can be seen as posturing for a better position if/when Trump is removed.
Damn right B-)! I already put it on my CV: "I was the mole in the Trump administration that prevented things like mass Mexican AIDS infection, outlawing democrats and world war 3". I can already envision future job sollicitations:

HR: ...and I see that apparently, you are "the anonymous hero that upholds the American Dream against the whole of Donald Trump".
Me: yup. It's a dirty job...but someone has to do it.
HR: and you did this all while working as a PC support guy in Belgium?
Me: yeah...it's a part-time gig.
HR: and...how is it relevant for this position as a janitor in a cotton factory?
Me: you've got to look at the big picture. If Donnie - we call him Donnie behind his back - throws a nuke at Belgium for laughing at his toupet, there won't be much left to janitorize, right?
HR: you're hired! :D

Ahem...but on a more serious note: shouldn't this thread be renamed to "the daily Trump soap opera" ? Because in all honesty: this isn't tied to these 13 Russians conspiring to have a moron in the white house. :unsure:

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J5RUurE.png

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, that statistic is due to the fact that we have the lowest number of people who qualify for unemployment benefits in that amount of time, not that we necessarily have the lowest number of people that would benefit from having unemployment benefits

Edit: also "Deep State" lol

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: also "Deep State" lol

If the anonymous op-ed in the NYT yesterday showed anything, it's that there really is an entrenched sabotage operation being conducted within the Federal bureaucracy.

Either that, or the anonymous author is full of shit and lies.

Which is it?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the anonymous op-ed in the NYT yesterday showed anything, it's that there really is an entrenched sabotage operation being conducted within the Federal bureaucracy.

Which is it?
Haven't read it yet, so I can't exactly have an opinion on it. I do know, though, that that's a term that has been thrown around a bunch in the last year to refer to Obama-era administration officials intentionally trying to do dirty secret liberal things in Trump's administration

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Which is it?
You realize that would mean it's a sabotage operation hired on entirely by Trump, right? I'm sure these people pledged their loyalty to him, that seems to be the only requirement to work in the white house, but actually seeing the reality of how stupid Trump is forces them into handler/babysitter mode. If Trump truly had free reign, we would've already ceased all trade with China and the economy would've crashed hard. That's the reason Trump has needed to have these types of handlers around him his entire life, to save him from his own bad ideas and decisions.

Last edited by Xzi,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which is it?
Ok, now having read it, have YOU read it? Because it's, like, the opposite of what you just said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y