OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got this email from romman. I've been waiting to hear this for a while.

QUOTE said:
Dear Sir,
  I am romman from SuperCard Team. I am proudly tell you that our newest product --- SuperCard DS (Slot 1 SuperCard) will be released soon.
You can make a preorder at this moment. So that we can make a world wide launch at the same time.
  Because we can not provide enough products, so we will limite the quantity of the first order.

Here list below is the main feature of SuperCard DS:

- Using MicroSD/TFlash flash memory card.
- Plug 'n Play(no need for GBA Cart and passme/flashme)
- 100% Clean Rom Support, do not need any convert
- no PC software required, just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card
- Hardware save support, Unlimitated storage, support FAT, FAT32
- High speed R/W system, support high speed flash memory card, without any slow down
- The best hardware design compatible with all current and future DS consoles, same size as original DS cartridge does NOT stick out!
- Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable

Append function 1:
- Can inter-play with GBA slot. Support SC Rumble Series as a rumble PAK.

Append function 2:
- There is a SuperCard DS software, you do not need to use it. But if you use the software, SuperCard DS can support more powerful function, such as RESET, infinity save space etc .

SuperCard DS Price list
-----------------------
50 - 99PCSÂ Â Â Â 32USD
100+PCSÂ Â Â Â Â Â 29USD
-----------------------

Judgind by the wholesale prices, the new SC will probably be priced reasonably. Guess my waiting has paid off
grog.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds good, but i wish another company would adopt the acekard goal of 100% compatabilty future proof, no patching (including onboard) but with their own style.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd prefer gba emulation functionality over better compatibility any day of the week, i mean considering how close to full compatibility the previous supercards were, i think this particular feature should be a given.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Don't like that he didn't mention anything about battery life.

And why is everyone so excited about slot 1 cards anyway?

* It's from the supercard team = decent support
* It's matching up to everything the DS-X can do with a MicroSD slot (gameswise without flashy lights and OS)
* It's forecast to be 3x cheaper than the DS-X (not including mSD card)
* I don't think there has been a slot-1 solution yet with terrible battery life yet, but who knows :-P

I can't wait to see how this will fare against EZ5 and M3DS slot 1 solutions...seems like with all these options, we're all in for a happy new year indeed
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've used a supercard from the very beginning when they first started playing DS roms on them. I've been waiting for a good slot 1 solution from them. I'll wait for the review on GBAtemp to see if its one of the best ones. If it gets a good review I'll get one.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I bet it will have a fast memory speed and not lock on VaniaPor, unlike the attrocious DS-X Disco Dude 9.5 mini cart.

I will stick to the proven manufacturers like SC and M3/G6

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
And again, that tricky statement: "you don't need to use a software client, but if you use it you'll get better results". We'll see what that really means.

754boy

:D
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And again, that tricky statement: "you don't need to use a software client, but if you use it you'll get better results". We'll see what that really means.

It means that you can use clean roms in a drag and drop fashion. OR, if you want to trim the roms, or use reset functions, you can run it through the patcher.
lecture.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that's funny I just went back to the original post to this thread, and I don't see where it say that anywhere.

If youre gonna quote something, get it right.

What it does say is:

"There is a SuperCard DS software, you do not need to use it. But if you use the software, SuperCard DS can support more powerful function, such as RESET, infinity save space etc ."

all this means is that if you want extra features like soft reset, more save slots than the game usually allows, rumble in games that didn't have to begin with (assuming youre using a SCLR in the Slot2), then youre gonna have to patch the rom. I think its great theyre giving us the option, because I didn't want to lose the ability to soft reset back the SC menu without needing to turn my DS off-on. I use that feature now on my SCL, and I;m excited that it will continue to be available. I asked once on the DS-X forums if their cart could do that and the reply was more or less "Nope. Deal."

Supercard has always done a good job for me so far, so I'll probably end up buying 2 or 3 of these (I'm not the only one in my house that uses a DS - I'm just the only one with the $$
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also