leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
slot 1 solutions can still play GBA right?

The rule of thumb is ... NO. This is because GBA gameplay requires a GBA slot. If there is a solution to circumvent such an issue, it would have be done later on with more mature/developed cards.. and that takes time.

In the mean time, you will (very most likely) get clean NDS rom support, so your back-ups don't have to be stripped of it's slot-1 boot-stappin' goodness. So.. In short, NO.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
slot 1 solutions can still play GBA right?

The same as thats been said before no. Why would you want to play GBA games on your DS anyway? It looks like the supercard with releasing the rumble versions have ditched the GBA (Maybe they've given up on getting all the GBA games working at 100% on the supercard). If I get one of these I'll be using my supercard lite as well. Hopefully when the 2gb microSD cards come down in price I'll be able to have 4gb storage on my DS :woot:

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think if I ever gonna get a slot-1 solution, it will be from SC.
I have several slot-2 kits, and I like the SCminiSD better than the others.
I trust this company and I like their honest, simple style.
I will defenetly support them if I got the chance.

venotaku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
is this bamboogaming store good to trust? I have bought from winsunx before, but never in bamboogaming and the prices look good is some stuff. Can anybody give an advice?

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
darn it, got my SCL-Rumble 2 weeks ago
frown.gif

but cant wait to get this in 1 months time
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
None of the HopeBuy product links work - they all come up with a Chinese? 404.

It works for me

RAneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
same thing here

and talking about the rumble... how does it work?
:S
does it only rumble when u press the button u want? or does it rumble, following the "game-rumble"

its difficult to explain it :S

[do un understand?]

and about the topic the SC-DS.... download play? yes or no?

kakawerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys I got myself Supercard Slot 1 today!!! but guess wat the firmware is still not out yet so i cant try it out with castlevania yet.. so frustrating!!=(

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
for the uk people when it finally comes out its worth getting it from http://www.cheapmod.net their really good and generally next day delivery, very competative on prices, ive always got my stuff from here and ive bought alot, never ever had any problems with them!

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the Supercard DS is actually already shipping.

Supercard Store will have them in stock from Monday 18th Dec 2006, according to their website. Also HopeBuy are actually shipping orders placed with them immediately.

There are already people on SCDev.org that have them in their hands, but were unable to use them until today as there was no firmware for the Supercard DS.

However that has been resolved by the launch of both the Chinese and English versions of the Supercard DS OS V1.0 and the Supercard DS Patching software V2.57.

Both these softwares are available to download from the Supercard website.

The OS V1.0 should be copied onto the root of the MicroSD memory card. The Supercard DS has a mircro firmware, so relies on the OS to run everything.

The Patching software is optional use, and is only needed if you want the extra things like Soft Reset and Save Direct to memory card.

Also Supercard have released a new IO Driver for the Supercard DS. There is now a version of the IO driver for the Slot 2 devices and an IO driver for the Slot 1 device. Hopefully the new Slot 1 driver can be implemented into a lot of the homebrew apps fairly quickly and also in to the FATLIB drivers.

Hope this info helps everyone.

Cheers,

Ancient Imhotep.

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, just downloaded the Supercard DS files from the Supercard site.

As I said there are two files you need to use the Supercard DS - the actual OS and the Patching software.

The OS is actually MoonShell 1.41 with the Slot 1 IO drivers added into it by Romman and also some add ins from Wind Fish.

The OS is skinable because it is MoonShell, so just create your own images for background, buttons etc and then modify skin.ini file for colours and fonts etc.

This means that the Micro Firmware on the Supercard DS is actually only really used to act as the Passme and to load either the MSFORSC.nds (moonshell) on start up or if there is a Firmware update on the card it will run that instead.

Without the MSFORSC.nds and the Shell folder copied to the root you will just get an error about a missing .scu file.

Also the patching software is the same as the V2.57 for the SC Lite. It even still has the GBA options section. This means that even with clean Rom support, if you encounter problems running the Rom you can always go back to patching.

Again, I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ancient Imhotep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination