OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i am thinking about doing another wifi nite. even though the last few haven't been that successful, those that show up seem to have a really good time. i wanted to ask our community what you would like to play for the next event. i created this short poll, so please vote and then discuss. i want the next event to be what people want to play so that it can be more successful and have a greater turnout.

past events have always included the nds, wii, and retro pc emulation. when you start discussions please mention if you think the event night should focus on 1 or multiple things. keep in mind that we meet on IRC and the more things going on the harder it is to have conversations.

please do not post simply to tell us that PSN is still down, i'm aware of this and we don't need to go off-topic.

i am also very interested in running some tournaments but lack sponsorship (a/k/a prizes). if anyone would like to use their connections to get us some prizes (shipped) please PM me. i will not discuss prizes in any form in this thread, PM only please.

-another world

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Steam night on the pc
smile.gif
My 360 and ps3 are modded so I can't play online with them atm. I own 175 ps3 games but I just like custom firmware to back up my originals.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Steam games would be fun, though it depends on the games and the time for me. Even then there are no guarantees.

Slight tangent, but a GBAtemp Garry's Mod server might go down quite well.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Inazuma Eleven said:
BTW, when did the wi-fi thing start?

(really sorry for being off topic but i am very curious)

i really don't know the history of it. i took over the irc chan from sonicslasher over a year ago. i ran it twice a month for a few months and then real life got in the way. after that we have done a few special events but nothing that has been that successful. i'm hoping to make it a regular thing where members would discuss "so what system/games are we going to do this month", and then run it only once a month -- on the weekend -- from friday-sunday. the idea would be that everyone knows what we are playing that month, they can pop on the irc chan to talk or look for someone to play with when its a good time for them. this way we can include everyone as each of us live in different timezones.

but all of that depends on where this thread goes the next 30 or so days.

-another world

D

Deleted_171835

Steam games would be great.

My router is currently broken so I wouldn't be able to play DS or Wii games. I would love to play Team Fortress 2 with some tempers, though.

Inazuma Eleven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Another World said:
Inazuma Eleven said:
BTW, when did the wi-fi thing start?

(really sorry for being off topic but i am very curious)

i really don't know the history of it. i took over the irc chan from sonicslasher over a year ago. i ran it twice a month for a few months and then real life got in the way. after that we have done a few special events but nothing that has been that successful. i'm hoping to make it a regular thing where members would discuss "so what system/games are we going to do this month", and then run it only once a month -- on the weekend -- from friday-sunday. the idea would be that everyone knows what we are playing that month, they can pop on the irc chan to talk or look for someone to play with when its a good time for them. this way we can include everyone as each of us live in different timezones.

but all of that depends on where this thread goes the next 30 or so days.

-another world

Thanks for the info Another World and again to all users...sorry for being off topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun +1