Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zone%20of%20enders%20vita.PNG

Kojima fans look like they're giddy with excitement right now. The famed Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear creator has announced both the Metal Gear Solid and the Zone of the Enders HD collections are coming to Sony's lastest handheld, the Playstation Vita.

However, a small disappointment seems to be that there will be no Peace Walker included with the HD Collection for the Vita, presumably because it will be available on the PSN as an original PSP title. The Collection will still include Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3. Whether these are their special versions or standard versions is currently unknown.

Kojima is also developing a game for the system using the new "Fox Engine", which was demoed during for the Vita during E3. The game is also said to use "Transfarring", allowing for both PS3 and Vita play. What this will be, however, is unknown.

Both games will come out in 2012, however no other time frame was given.[/p]

icon11.gif
 Source

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony, Kojima: Just take my money. I dont want it anymore.

AceWarhead said:
jeez, i'm seeing alot of remakes and HD remakes these days....

Im seeing more rants about HD and remakes. If you dont like it, dont support anything.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So one sentence is a "rant"? They don't make 'em like they used to...

And so what if people *are* ranting? Are you actually submitting that people should sit down, shut up and take what they're given if they aren't happy w/ something? Ye gods, talk about conformist...

(You do realize, of course, that these remakes suck up resources that could be spent on other games, right? So if we're getting carpet-bombed w/ them (we are) then there is something else we aren't getting.)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Sony/Konami isn't forcing it down your throat.

I like ZOE, so I'll get it. MGS? Hell yeah.

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Ergo said:
So one sentence is a "rant"? They don't make 'em like they used to...

And so what if people *are* ranting? Are you actually submitting that people should sit down, shut up and take what they're given if they aren't happy w/ something? Ye gods, talk about conformist...

(You do realize, of course, that these remakes suck up resources that could be spent on other games, right?
So if we're getting carpet-bombed w/ them (we are) then there is something else we aren't getting.)

If you have a better game idea you think of, and make, moreover, make it appealing to masses.
Then yes, we're wasting crap. If not hold onto that thought. A rant is a rant is a rant is a rant. Geez,
Don't take everything so seriously.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Only yesterday I posted this (in Mario 3D thread):

QUOTE said:
Has gone higher on my (growing) list of 3DS games, at this rate i won't have the spare cash for the PS Vita.

Kojima now announces ZOE for the Vita.... well played Sony, well played... I suppose if I go without food, and heat I might just be able to keep up with all the 3DS games and get a Vita
dry.gif

hatorihanzoii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just want to say a couple of things, whats the point on getting a lower res HD remake, when you can get it better on console
and this also doesn't mean theres no chance of ZOE 3DS i Mean it was Kojima that posted the pic

That said these HD remakes are obviously cheaper ways to quickly fund for newer projects which i'm all for
biggrin.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hatorihanzoii said:
That said these HD remakes are obviously cheaper ways to quickly fund for newer projects which i'm all for a new house by the seaside and a ferrari.

Fixed that for you. Porting and "Remaking" are the most pathetic moves a game developer can do. Now, Capcom handled "Remakes" right - think Resident Evil for the Gamecube. New engine, new models, new voice acting, completely re-rendered scenes. A true REMAKE. So far all I've seen from those "remakes" are truly minor changes, barely improved models and generally a whole lot of barking comming from a chihuahua-sized dog.

It's all the same with bloody Zelda - it's the same freaking Ocarina of Time, can't people see that? It was a good game, I agree. A good in its time and it's way past its prime. How many times do people want to re-purchase a game they ALREADY own?

I can understand when a "remake" is a true re-design of the entire game, like in the case of RE-make (Resident Evil Remake), but not when it's a barely-altered game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna stick with the console version personally for MGS, I never played/cared to play ZoE. MGS never seemed terribly portable unless they're made for a portable.

Also, just because ZoE is getting a Vita collection doesn't mean the 3DS won't be getting a ZoE game. There was that teaser image a while ago.

Also, MGS3D is possibly looking like the biggest facepalm in video gaming in recent memory.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm just gonna stick with the console version personally for MGS, I never played/cared to play ZoE. MGS never seemed terribly portable unless they're made for a portable.

Also, just because ZoE is getting a Vita collection doesn't mean the 3DS won't be getting a ZoE game. There was that teaser image a while ago.

Also, MGS3D is possibly looking like the biggest facepalm in video gaming in recent memory.
Yes, what are they thinking?

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've only played the MGS series on portables- including emulators for the MSX games. I'm really looking forward to MGS 2 & 3 on the go, especially on bus trips.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
ZOE 3DS was fake then.
tpi.gif

I knew Kojima was just trolling his fanbase; that's what he seems to do best... unless it's still being made anyway. Honestly, who knows?

Anyway, this is some pretty great news. I have never played the original ZOE games, so it's nice that the PSV will give me a chance.

As for the MGS stuff... Now I have to choose between the console release with Peace Walker or the portable release that I can take anywhere.

Hmm... decisions, decisions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi