Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm sure if a translator is found the hacking work will get done by me or someone else. Hackers are easier to find than translators atleast in my experience.

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they are still poking around on how to insert english text into the game... its been 3 years now i think lol.... well i hope the one person who promised to do it over his dead pc's parts... is still workin on it xD

This is probably my 7th playthru of Zoids Saga DS '-'
I really would like an English Translation someday. (I also did have a list of all the weapon's names.... and whatnot.)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think they are still poking around on how to insert english text into the game... its been 3 years now i think lol.... well i hope the one person who promised to do it over his dead pc's parts... is still workin on it xD

I really would like an English Translation someday. (I also did have a list of all the weapon's names.... and whatnot.)

no that has been worked out, if anything the translation will be short-formed, but that was just speaking for me. (past tense- any p.m on this project sent to me will be ignored)

I'm sure if a translator is found the hacking work will get done by me or someone else. Hackers are easier to find than translators atleast in my experience.

From what Normmatt has said I believe he will handle the hacking (at least he doesn't seem to want my help). which now that I think about it I believe someone who can turn down help can do without me...

If you wonder why my previous posts in this thread have been removed its is not due to rage quitting, its due to losing any interest in working on something I am not wanted on.

Good luck Normmatt.
Please refer any inquiries to Normmatt.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you should just google translate it all and go from their (or an alternative). One day you'll find a translator, but right now the project isn't moving forward. Which is never a good thing.

Plus, translating menus/ui aren't as hard as the actual storyline. And help the game become more easy to play for others.

I wonder if any manga translators would be willing to do it.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google translating a game is the equivalent of playing it in Japanese.
You won't know what any of it says.

On the plus side, at least with Japanese you'll know that what you're reading is correct.
With a google translated translation, you have no clue whatsoever if it's even right.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

no that has been worked out, if anything the translation will be short-formed, but that was just speaking for me. (past tense- any p.m on this project sent to me will be ignored)

From what Normmatt has said I believe he will handle the hacking (at least he doesn't seem to want my help). which now that I think about it I believe someone who can turn down help can do without me...

If you wonder why my previous posts in this thread have been removed its is not due to rage quitting, its due to losing any interest in working on something I am not wanted on.

Good luck Normmatt.
Please refer any inquiries to Normmatt.

I never turned down any help...

Unfortunately I can't see this project ever getting finished without a willing translator/translators

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some experience hacking (but probably not enough to do this on my own from scratch... I suck at editing fonts and really complex graphics even if I know how, and have no programming skills with which to make programs to aid me) and I can read/localize Katakana (which would help translating names/with localization) and we could use google translate or babelfish and massively rehaul it but the translation wouldn't be very accurate, it'd only be filler. But since I'm not an idiot it wouldn't sound like

"where u goin??"

"Fight must* world[0x0F] savior I to be %1kill evil"

or something crazy bad like that. I'd at least make it SOUND like it's legit, even if the accuracy is only 50% there. XD

But if this game/hack can't settle for a lowly translation then I'm no good, you'll have to spend the time into finding a REAL translator. Which admittedly is hard, probably harder than hackers like you said.

If you're interested PM me, I'm busy and don't check this area often + have a bunch other commitments preoccupying me (doing a few other hacks + Fire Emblem 12 Translation + non-computer things), not to be arrogant but if you post here I might not see it for a while if I forget XD

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with someone cleaning up a machine translation, it still wouldn't be correct.

As Normmatt suggested, you'd need a translator. A human one.

Translators aren't hard to find if you look in the right places.

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this game's script has been translated already, down at GameFaqs.... in a "story" like form. I'm sure you can extract the script to be inputed into the game...

But after following this thread for months now, the problem is how to put english sentences into the game and whatnot. (Unless its been solved already)

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with someone cleaning up a machine translation, it still wouldn't be correct.

As Normmatt suggested, you'd need a translator. A human one.

Translators aren't hard to find if you look in the right places.

I didn't say otherwise to the first part, did I?

As for the latter part, I don't think so, though I suppose it depends on opinion. And because it does I'll just leave it at that, no point in starting an argument over a triviality. XD

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say you did, did I? I said someone.

I find translators pretty easily, as well as others around the temp and other game sites. All you have to do is look.

You're right, no point in starting an argument over something stupid, but fluent translators are needed here if this game is to see a proper translation.

Maybe try gamefaqs, rastsan? Ask the people who wrote the guides or submit an ad on romhacking.net? We got an extra translator for Blood of Bahamut by asking the guy who wrote the guide on gamefaqs. I can translate a few files for you since I like Zoids, but not enough files to actually make a patch for. I'm super busy unfortunately, sorry :(

Good luck rastsan. I hope you find some translators :)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the advice Phoenix I will be looking later for the other zoids project of mine. just after I get the script dumping done. this one already has its text dumped and yes I have been approached by 2 different people looking to help translate this. As seems to be the usual with me nothing came of it. Though that may just be something that has to do with them, it has been almost a year since I have heard from either (life has a way of changing things). I have already sent them a p.m. for them to talk to Normmatt.
Again this has nothing to do with rage quitting just re-organizing my priorities (my time has once again been shortened). I will not be able to commit myself for the next year for this (maybe way longer). So I have to take myself off of this.
Sorry.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say you did, did I? I said someone.

I find translators pretty easily, as well as others around the temp and other game sites. All you have to do is look.

You're right, no point in starting an argument over something stupid, but fluent translators are needed here if this game is to see a proper translation.

Ignoring the insult to my 20/20 vision (=P) nice job finding the flaw with me assuming you were replying to my comment. It was a very basic assumption to make but still a wrong one >_> can't believe I lost in a mini-psychology battle, haha.

we're so off-topic

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
It means that I am not working on it anymore... (so take my next few sentences with a why is he bothering)

It means that if you want to work on this there is graphic work to do and translation stuff that needs to get done. yes even if the text cannot be inserted right just yet, it can still be translated. Ask for images from Normmatt. Or even better take over. Post the text on handy to edit google docs.
Tinke can decompress the files in this game just fine.

Start with "what can I do?"...

shikamarutak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its safe to say that no-one's working on this and IF there is someone working on this by the time its all done all mankind may as well be dead...
really wish that this was done as fast as lets say a pokémon game (E.G black or white).
hope im wrong and it gets done soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Plasturion is working on uncensoring imagine makeup artist!