The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
habababa said:
I really mean it.
I have A LOT of free time.

I had a knee injury and I can't leave our house.
I'm out of school and I can't play basketball anymore so I have more than 16 hours a day stuck in front of my pc.
And you're asking me if a month is less than what it takes?
The game's text data is VERY EASY to handle with SJIS encoding and has a very simple format for the pointers.
I really want something to do while I wait for my knee to get better.

Actually, I was referring to the hacking, the translating and the beta testing. That'd take more than a month, despite how much time you may have, that's not the same time the testers will have. See what I mean?

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Actually, I was referring to the hacking, the translating and the beta testing. That'd take more than a month, despite how much time you may have, that's not the same time the testers will have. See what I mean?
+ the game is very old and doesn't use any standard font. Thinking hacking is just about replacing text... so funny
rofl.gif

As pointed out here by me a long time ago:
even if you translate it you'll have to correct the font, or adding a Variable-width one via ASM hacking.

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so how about we start small? Without getting into font widths and everything, why not at least make a hack that translates the menus and maybe the names of Zoids and equipment and whatnot?

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
rastsan said:
mass decompression of alot of graphics a large number of narc s and you still haven`t hit the script yet. Which is also compressed. 1 1/2 hours and i have only gotten to a fraction of the graphics.
Then you will have to dump the japanese from the images, then edit those images then reinsert, compress and rebuild.

People still ask me "will you do zoids saga ds next?"
trying to explain just how much work a basic menu patch is...(rolling my eyes)

(I do have other stuff to do...)
If someone can give me a completed english script so I can work on the font, then maybe...but then anyone could work on the font after that.
until then I will offer help if needed and hope that something gets done.

Don't put it like it's an heavy work, the only heavy work is the VWF, if someone can do it, everything else (except translating) is a piece of cake.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey if you need testers for the english Patch hit me up. I myself am A MASSIVE Ziods fan, the moment I saw a ziods Game for ds I was excited.. but my hopes where smashed when I looked for an english rom or patch.. But I am glad someone is Kind enough to step up to the plate, so yeah Let us know when your finished, and I do hope you will share the patch with a fellow ziod finatic

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can test for you. I have some experience with these type of games. Let me know and tell me what you need and I can do something.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Romhacking has a page where you can place an ad for a translator.

This page should help: http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/

I attempted to play this game but there's too many menus and it's very confusing at best. My Japanese is average at best but probably not enough to help you.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majority of the 5 pages worth of stuff is mainly Katakana and Hiragana. I can probably start there since 80%-85% of it is that. Only problem is how can I send the translation to you.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
doesn't really matter as long as it gets to me. And thanks.
make a video of yourself going through them with good sound or download and write directly on top then post that. don't worry about quality as I will do the grunt work... as long as it is accurate.

the lineage images are going to be a nightmare...
all the zoids names in the game...
guess this means i should dump the text if it already hasn't been too an easy to download compressed file of some sort....

I can't do a video but I can send something through an email probably.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ziko said:
I think Romhacking has a page where you can place an ad for a translator.

This page should help: http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/

I attempted to play this game but there's too many menus and it's very confusing at best. My Japanese is average at best but probably not enough to help you.

Its not to hard to play,granted I did have some issues remembering what menus did what sometimes but most of the time you spend time going from point A to point B where the ! mark is...

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still it would be nice to see a game translation for it. please return to working on the translations, if not for yourself but for those that would love to play it in english.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh god yes...

I loved Zoids some years ago, and still do a bit.

Unfortunately I suck at translating, or even romhacking nowadays. I would love to see a translation of this either way.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Kaldric said:
Still it would be nice to see a game translation for it. please return to working on the translations, if not for yourself but for those that would love to play it in english.
Of course, it's so easy, try to do it yourself just for fun.

Oh I forgot, actually it's just a font problem (first problem)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.