Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot for reporting those issues, @swosho!
I haven't looked into it yet, but we'll definitely fix the FMV's and release a new revision of the patch. If we have any further questions about this topic we'll contact you.

However, this release probably won't happen in the next few days or even weeks as my time to work on that will be limited.
But if anyone else has noticed issues with the current patch, please let us know either in this thread or in a private message as we can only fix issues we're aware of.

Reactions: swosho

kkdecara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My most sincere and deepest thanks for what you guys have done.
Although I've always been interested in Disaster Report and been meaning to check the games out, This is my first entry in these series of games. I absolutely loved the heck out of it. It seems that it has taken you guys so much to translate this game, years, the OP is from 2014, man... What a thing... Just thinking about it blows my mind.
Now thanks to that effort all of us who don't speak japanese can get to enjoy this awesome hidden gem.
It has hilarious choices, nice informative tips, and the characters... I just love everything of it.
Amazing... I don't have words.
Thank you dudes.

Also, if I hadn't read what swosho here said, I would have lived forever in the darkness without knowing there were even post-credit epilogue scenes. I tested clearing the game both on my PSP console and on PPSSPP and in neither does any epilogue play? Has this been discussed before and is there a workaround for it?

Edit: One more thing. For some weird reason, on my PSP console the Epilogue song played in English despite the settings for songs being in Japanese, while in PPSSPP it does play the song in Japanese.

Last edited by kkdecara,
Reactions: swosho and Abaccus

swosho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
One more thing. For some weird reason, on my PSP console the Epilogue song played in English despite the settings for songs being in Japanese, while in PPSSPP it does play the song in Japanese.
Seems like it's the intended behaviour. It's either the good ending plays credits roll song in the opposite language to the song language setting, or it's just bad ending = Japanese song / good ending = English song.

And I was mistaken about the short post-credits epilogues! I don't know if it's intentional or due to some bug, it appears that the epilogues will only play starting from the second playthrough:
ヒロイン2人には好感度が設定されており、高ければエピローグで主人公にメールや手紙を送ってくるのだが、それは2周目以降限定。エピローグ回収の面で言えば一周目は無駄であり、こちらも周回数とプレイ時間の水増しを感じさせる。(source)

Edit: On that note, the Magoya Mart bug mentioned earlier by @GordonG is also described on the same page as the epilogue playback oddity:
>不具合が多く、中にはゲームが進行不可能となる致命的なバグも存在する。
>>特に「スーパーマゴヤバグ」は有名。エリアの一つである「スーパーマゴヤ」の2Fから1Fに降りようとすると、突然PSPの電源が落ちるという物であり、これに関しては事前に対処法を調べておく他に方法がない。

Last edited by swosho,

Vortex36

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm trying to play this game on PS Vita through Adrenaline, but I'm having a weird issue where when I open the game, Adrenaline freezes to a black screen after the PSP game boot logo, crashes with an error (C1-2858-3) after a few seconds, and then won't open again until I reboot the Vita.

Other apps/games on Vita work fine after the crash, and other PSP games on Adrenaline also work fine until I open Disaster Report. PSV is on 3.60 CFW and Adrenaline is updated.
The MD5 on the game's ISO checks out both before and after the patch.

What could it be?

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hard to tell what might be the cause of the crash. It's been tested multiple times on the vita with Adrenaline and all the information you've provided looks fine.
Aside from the obvious stuff like making sure that there are no plugins enabled, verify that the iso does not get corrupted during the transfer etc. I can't really say much more.

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried it myself and got the same error, I went and disabled my two GTA plugins (remastered controls & native res) and then it worked. So it's most likely a plugin issue for them as well.

Reactions: NocturnalMoon

Thatolplayaplaya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it myself and got the same error, I went and disabled my two GTA plugins (remastered controls & native res) and then it worked. So it's most likely a plugin issue for them as well.
hey im trying download the game and play but im wondering is mega file a translation patch or the rom already patched? not well versed in hacking and files and such so im a bit confused

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey im trying download the game and play but im wondering is mega file a translation patch or the rom already patched? not well versed in hacking and files and such so im a bit confused
It's just the patch file that is meant to be used with a dumped copy of the game. You'll find the instructions for the patching process inside the archive.
Please note that we won't provide any download links to a patched copy or a dump of the original.

Last edited by NocturnalMoon,
Reactions: TwistedZeon

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We are proud to present you version 1.1 of our Disaster Report 3 patch.

It does not include any major differences to 1.0 but we decided to revisit the
project after gathering some feedback since the release of the initial version.
Thank you very much for all of your encouraging messages.
Also, a huge shoutout to @swosho who not only reported an issue with how the
cutscenes were encoded in 1.0 but also helped sorting out the process for
creating the solution.

Changelog 1.0 to 1.1:
- When pressing the home button on the PSP the menu is now in English instead of Japanese
- All cutscenes now have the correct brightness
- Minor dialog adjustments
- Param.sfo now includes the translated title

The link in the first post is updated with the new version.

Ghoul43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
We are proud to present you version 1.1 of our Disaster Report 3 patch.

It does not include any major differences to 1.0 but we decided to revisit the
project after gathering some feedback since the release of the initial version.
Thank you very much for all of your encouraging messages.
Also, a huge shoutout to @swosho who not only reported an issue with how the
cutscenes were encoded in 1.0 but also helped sorting out the process for
creating the solution.

Changelog 1.0 to 1.1:
- When pressing the home button on the PSP the menu is now in English instead of Japanese
- All cutscenes now have the correct brightness
- Minor dialog adjustments
- Param.sfo now includes the translated title

The link in the first post is updated with the new version.
Nice job!
It's been a while since I checked on this, but is the bug causing game to crash has been fixed?

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice job!
It's been a while since I checked on this, but is the bug causing game to crash has been fixed?
Which crash are you referring to? The one mentioned by Vortex36 likely happened because of their setup and we've never heard back after suggesting to disable the plugins.

We haven't received a report about a crash that can be traced back to our patch. But if we'd receive a properly detailed report with steps to reproduce, setup information and a savegame we'd of course look into it.

Reactions: Ghoul43

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up