Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release Day Is Here!
Today is the day many of us have been waiting for.. For some it seemed like it was never going to happen, for others they optimistically kept waiting and cheering us on. It's hard to believe that it's been 8 years since this project was started. Back then I was just a young teen who was passionate about the Disaster Report games and was very excited when the third game got announced only to come to the realization after several years that we weren't going to get it.

After coming to that realization I set out to see if anyone had started working on a fan translation only to see that there was one thread here on GBAtemp and it wasn't even an actual project. That wasn't a problem though as it started the way forward with several people like Omarrrio & JamRules being there making tools and being supportive. I then threw my hat into the ring and offered to try and be of help, though having no hacking skills or the ability to read Japanese I just wanted to do what I could to make a dream come true.

It wasn't long after that though when those two accepted me, I ended up making the project thread that you're all reading right now. I helped in what ways I could but it mostly boiled down at the time to just leading the project in the right direction the best I could. It wouldn't be long after though that someone stepped up to help us do the translation work itself.

Flames1234 did a great service to us by translating as much as they could but ultimately they couldn't finish all the work themselves. Eventually they faded away and thus we lost out translator. After many failed attempts at trying to find another translator I eventually put the project on hiatus.

Fast forward and the project seemed dead with myself not being very talkative. Sadly as I grew older I also grew more anxious and so I became more reserved and quiet. I do apologize for not being the best leader at all times.

Then a few days after Christmas I got contacted by someone who was trying to get the project started again on their own, this someone being NocturnalMoon. They had created their own thread and even gained two helpful new members Master801 & Gil_Unx. After talking to NocturnalMoon for a bit we decided we would merge it all back into my thread/project and continue the work.

Time marched on and things were getting done left and right with us achieving all sorts of goals. We even set out to re-translate the entire game to make sure we did the best job we could. It really was an amazing feeling to feel like this might finally become a reality.

Towards the end we gained yet another new member, Souzooka who brought a lot of great things to the table that we were so happy about. It was finally the last few touches that really helped make this project feel complete.

Now here we are, the end of the road for this project. It's had it's ups and downs but it's certainly been a fun time and a great learning experience. I even went from just a lousy project leader to being someone who actually helped contribute a good few things like the new logo, many graphics in game, and translation work.

It's amazing how all of this ultimately was spawned from just a love of this wonderful little game series. We really do love and appreciate Irem, Granzella, and most definitely Kazuma Kujo for creating and keeping alive this great series.

With all of that out of the way we would like to announce that the official release of the patch is today, July 14th. The main/first post of this thread will be updated with a trailer, new screenshots, and a download link.

I would like to once again thank the fans who stuck with us through everything, Irem, Granzella, & Kazuma Kujo for making these great games, and most of all, the team who I worked along side to make this dream a reality.

GammaPhonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Downloading it now. Can't wait.

Edit: it's up and running!

IMG_0475.jpeg

Never thought I'd see the day. Thank you all so much 😁

Last edited by GammaPhonic,

PepeLordd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
was the PARAM.SFO overlooked? here is it translated to reflect the English name "Disaster Report 3 -A Fading City and Her Song-"

Attachments

• PARAM.rar
    346 bytes · Views: 57

Atururu

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yasssshhh finally i can play this game until the end!!!! Thanksss❤❤❤

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-021102822.jpg
    Screenshot_20220716-021102822.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 56

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
8 years waiting for this, I don't even know how many years it took me to actually sign up here to keep track of everything.
I'm very happy with all the hard work and the passion put together to make this a reality. Now I'm sure that a lot of people that couldn't play this before can finally enjoy the best experience.
Thank you (the whole team) who worked on this. I'm grateful, this game brings an unique and one of the best PSP experiences.

shaolinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been playing though the game on my ancient PSP and... it's so good! Among my favourite of the 4 games. The guitar part at the shelter was really touching xxx :) It must have been a huge task to translate everything - didn't realise quite how much text there is including all the Disaster Report Manuals!

Thanks again so much.... what an awesome job you all did.

On another topic. I noticed there are 'Undub' versions of the first two games (which I also own the physical 'Westernised' versions of for PS2) - I had a look at them as I want to play through the four games in original Japanese with English subtitles... but those versions unfortunately keep the Western Names for all the characters.

I wonder how easy the 'Undub' files would be to edit and replace the Western names with their original Japanese ones - then we would have games 1 to 4 with all the proper character names available. :)

On another another topic, looking forward to Zettai Zetsumei 5 - I hear it's going to be open world :o

Last edited by shaolinphil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones