Zelda ST working perfectly with DeSmuME 0.9.4

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kadin, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Kadin
    OP

Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I can post other pictures if needed but I just took this pic after having arrived from the train ride. Controls and sound were all working 100%. Oh and the game plays at full speed with the only minor graphical issue being some occasional shadows. It's perfect for now until I get my hands on the real cart...

[​IMG]

2. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Dammit, I tried it on DeSmuMe 0.9.4 and it didn't work at all. The one time it did work it ran at 10 frames a minute, which isn't even good enough for PAC-Man playing.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    what about the part with the 4 switches on the 2nd floor path to the tower can you pass it?

4. Kadin
    OP

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Not there yet... but I just met up with Zelda (secretly). I'm guessing it will come up soon, I'll report back once I've got there.

5. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    It's probably a yes.

That post made me think to say
    "And what about the pink and blue unicorns that take you to a mountain made of candy? Can you defeat them too?"

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you havn't played it to that part or even have a clue what were all talking about so do us all a favor and just STFU

@Kadin did you get past it and how long did each switch stay on when you smacked it?

7. Kadin
    OP

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Just passed it now. I figured out which order before I attempted but they glowed green for a few seconds each. Passed it the first time and I'm through the door. I'm obviously new around here, if someone could tell me how to post something as a 'spoiler', I'd do that so I'm not revealing anything for others. Thanks!

8. Ajax

Ajax Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    United States
    I'm also playing on DeSmuME 0.9.5 (why use 0.9.4 when a new version is out?)

Also, in order to remove the audio clipping that occasionally happens in the castle, go to Config->Sound Settings, and set it to synchronous mode.

Also, mine is running at full/mostly full speed (only a little slow on the world map), however I have a 2.6GHZ Core2Duo, so your mileage may vary based on how good your computer is, additionally, don't forget that there is auto frame skipping available at Config->Frame Skip->Auto Skip, so that may also help.

It is also possible that if you have a 64bit os, then the 64bit version of DeSmuMe may also help.

Also, so far I've been able to get as far as
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Without any problems in the game.

Cheers.

9. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    Anyone know hot to transfer saves to a flashcart ? (R4+YSmenu to be exact)
    I can't seem to succeed and I've spent a lot of time in the game.

10. Azatos

Azatos Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2009
    United States
    I run it on the latest SVN with no errors found, runs decently on my 2.2ghz AMD 3800+

11. HollywoodX

HollywoodX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2008
    United States
    Is this the best emulator out there? Sorry, I haven't kept up with emulators for a while, the fact that a new game that looks pretty graphically powerful for the system is emulated so well is a good sign. I didn't know that the DS could be emulated so well.

12. Aman27deep

Aman27deep GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2007
    India
    Calcutta.
    well i think its 100% compatible on the NO$GBA so why not play on that?

13. drangom13

drangom13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    Brazil
    To fix the gaphic change OpenGL to SoftRasteizer and check the 2 box in 3D settings.

14. Gintoki-San

Gintoki-San Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Can anyone help me work it on a NDS? It works on my emulator but not on the nds...And I'm stuck. =/