• Start date
  • Views 74,899
  • Replies 584

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It has horrible framedrops and framerate in that area. But it's not unplayable. I mean unless you really can't stand a low fps

If they don't break a game I can *try* to ignore them.. it's what I, a pleb can get. Is it as bad as Hyrule Warrios Legend on old 3DS?

famouslutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
This topic is a bit teal deer. But ppl are right about the textures being awful. The rocks are v/ N64 =( But that's not rly the whole, or even part of the story. Or even a little bit. I would say that it's an amazing game, and the art style is beautiful & emotional @ times.

As far as the frame rate goes, it's not game breaking: Kaka village is about ~20fps but I didn't find it too intrusive. The stables place is the only area (so far) where u have a problem and get a bit taken out of things. But I've played it for a while and it's a joy to just mess around w/. U rly feel like ur gradually getting more experienced as a player and as "Link"; and all the systems in the game interact so well that it's all reinforced rly cleverly. Even smthn as prosaic as (pokemon) cooking & collecting is enjoyable!

Most annoying 3 things in the game? Enemy pop-in, B button sprint & the stupid drowning in a puddle thing!

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the texture update to the USB, along with the game, and I got the HD textures. Maybe Nintendo is trolling pirates somehow (I don't see how, though).
The frames I can more than stand; they're not so bad (Minecraft on my i5 computer maxes out at 8fps with low settings and Optifine).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I installed the texture update to the USB, along with the game, and I got the HD textures. Maybe Nintendo is trolling pirates somehow (I don't see how, though).
The frames I can more than stand; they're not so bad (Minecraft on my i5 computer maxes out at 8fps with low settings and Optifine).
So the update data was only textures? Interesting.

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A massive thank you to everyone in this thread that has helped us confirm and clarify that the things aren't as bad as the OP said. It's a huge relief to me to see this.. since, again, all I can get is the Wii U version and I see it's not the massive broken mess OP was selling to us.. can't wait for Friday to have my own copy. Would love to play it on the Switch but.. thankfully enough this game is very replayable so I'll get a new experience on the go next year on the Switch.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
A massive thank you to everyone in this thread that has helped us confirm and clarify that the things aren't as bad as the OP said. It's a huge relief to me to see this.. since, again, all I can get is the Wii U version and I see it's not the massive broken mess OP was selling to us.. can't wait for Friday to have my own copy. Would love to play it on the Switch but.. thankfully enough this game is very replayable so I'll get a new experience on the go next year on the Switch.
You are absolutely correct. You foiled my diabolical plan to "sell you the idea" of Zelda being a broken mess.
That was exactly what i'm doing. You did not totally misinterpret anything i have said.
MUHAHAHA.
You may have beaten me once Scooby Gang, but i shall be back!
That was the last time i will ever try having a purely fact-based discussion about something on GBAtemp.
It will only be memes and circle-jerking from now on.
Gotta go with the herd.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
Yes, that framerate is unacceptable in the village. That's roughly down to 15-20fps. They could easly optimized it better in there.
You do not need to pretend any longer fellow villain.
Our plan has failed.
We could not convince them that 20fps was not enough.
We failed to convey our fiendish message that anti-aliasing makes thing look nicer.
They have realized that even 1fps of Zelda is enough if you only want it to be so.
But do not worry. We shall not perish into the twilight unheaded.
Our words may fall on deaf ears now, but history will remember our brave deeds.
Also? Fanboys don't want to hear it. They see Link running around shirtless, wearing only boypanties and no argument in the world could convince them that something may be wrong here.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
well here it is once more
finally got it uploaded

Thank you.
This really says all that needs to be said on the matter.
Riding a horse into Kakariko and BAM it's like hitting a brick wall.
Instant and continous framedrop.
Let's hope they patch it by release-day.
I'd really love to play some more, the gameplay is great, but this is ridiculous.

Reactions: kumikochan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps