XP
Country
Cyprus

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree with what you are saying. It is only odd in the fact that it goes against what many people conventionally would think. "That the internal memory would be faster" :)
More technically minded like yourself can see the video as normal!
It makes sense when you consider nintendo used the cheapest nand they could possibly get by that time. so the nand is OK for its purpose, but it is nowhere near industry standards of SATA1 or even SATA2 speeds, which would be hundreds of MB per sec. it is just slow. plain and simple. that is why there is not really a difference between USB (HDD or SSD) and internal memory.
just discs are way slower because of their higher access times and very slow transfer rates. only a few MB/s.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here is some gameplay i recorded. Had a lot of framedrops in the jungle starting around 20:00.
But for some reason you can't see the framedrops that good in the video itself.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Here is some gameplay i recorded. Had a lot of framedrops in the jungle starting around 20:00.
But for some reason you can't see the framedrops that good in the video itself.

Thanks a lot for this video! Better than most pictures we posted here.

Reactions: kumikochan

johan_1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Si I finally played the game 2 hours, and I find it gorgious so far. I'm still on the great plateau though. The game is wonderful but it's hard to find stuff (swords etc...) to fight !

Last edited by johan_1984,
Reactions: FlappyFalco

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You bought a 15000rpm drive for wiiu that has a downgraded underpowered usb2. This made my day :rofl:
Yes I bought it but at a lot cheaper price than you may think as it was liquidised stock from my old place of work . and it was not bought for the wiiu it just happened to be the only spare hdd I had when I needed a hdd for the wiiu

Last edited by AmandaRose,

SRCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch version looks almost identical. Regardless, I cancelled my Switch pre-order a few days ago. Better to wait a bit and see what else comes out.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That gameplay video looks very neat. I really think the OP overexagerated, and indeed expected a Witcher 3 called Zelda. Seriously this game may even be bigger than Witcher 3. Or if not. Still the comparisons to WWHD are fucking dumb because again that's a 15 year old game, and one that is almost linear, or not as big as huge as this game is! God I was so fucking scared when I started reading this OP but when people starting sending proof that he was wrong I started to feel all relieved.

Reactions: VinsCool

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
I played yesterday around 2 hours and it looks fine on my TV, no real lags, love the graphics and in my opinion it looks like I saw it in the videos^^.
Of course sometimes there are framedrops (but for me only if it's bit too much going-on at screen, but it's playable though xD)
I was also (over-)hyped about the game but it's all ok - its real like I saw/thought about it.
I love the gameplay and the game (;

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly because they have less space to read through, find and load objects.
white wii u is 8gb so theres no way to play zelda from internal hdd

y have eur white wii u with an external 5400rpm usb hdd and in kakariko drop down a lot fps... in another sites etc is playable.. wit fps drops anywhere sometimes but is a power hardware issue cause sometimes it runs smooth and i light on a torch and framerate went down.. so i dont think a torch have a lot of files to load...

i hope.day 1 patch can fix that a little but wii u is dead so i think it will not happen.

Last edited by pkpacman09,

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that installing the update to Nand is a improvement for framerate?

you can't play from external hdd with the update in nand... at least doesnt' worked for me... game doesn't recognized the update when tried to execute it, cause i have white wii u and i can't install the entire game in nand.

if anyone knows how to play with the game installed in external hdd and update in nand please let us know how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters